watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That was a lot better ....

Started by Robbie, November 08, 2014, 08:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Not perfect - Bryan had a bad one.... but we got the balance right.  They were persistent b*ggers BUT we hit them when it mattered. We have better quality than most teams but need to be resilient in defence.  COYW !!!!!

snarks

They certainly had the better of the game, and bunn should have put them 1-0 up, what I thought fulham did well was defend, Huddersfield had the better of it but not as many clear chances.

Fulham played on the counter but it worked although you could tell their goal was coming. All credit to their fans though, they were very good.

cmg

It seems to me to be basically down to improved attitude and (slightly ) better organization. So this is obviously a plus mark for our new manager. This will upset one bunch of moaners, but the alternative is to put it down to the return of Bryan, which will upset an even bigger bunch of moaners.

Tactically we seem to have weaned ourselves off the 'one too many defensive midfielder' plan and today employed the old 'Modern conservative' plan (cf. Hodgson et al.) where we grabbed one (very well executed) goal and then soaked up the pressure. A bit daunting given our rather creaky defence, but worked OK given our new-found and most welcome fighting spirit. Zverotic and, particularly, Staf were much better today than midweek and the two cbs continued to develop a partnership which bodes well. Marcus contributes to the defence with his occasional Manuel Neuer-style forays.

Our three 'not quite good enough for the PL' stars, unsurprisingly look classy at this level. Parker continues to be excellent, sure he is limited, but within those limitations, he is our main man. Ruiz also shines, but those shortcomings (lack of pace and totally one-footed predictability) that saw him off in the PL are beginning to catch him out at this level. Even Hugo looks good...if only he could improve his finishing by 10%...well, then he wouldn't be Hugo.

McCormack, having shown us half a dozen things we (well me, anyway) didn't expect, today showed us something we did. Fabulous, what a buy he is turning out to be.
LVC? We all know about this one now. Terrific - and getting better each game.

YankeeJim

Quote from: cmg on November 08, 2014, 10:43:51 PM
It seems to me to be basically down to improved attitude and (slightly ) better organization. So this is obviously a plus mark for our new manager. This will upset one bunch of moaners, but the alternative is to put it down to the return of Bryan, which will upset an even bigger bunch of moaners.

Tactically we seem to have weaned ourselves off the 'one too many defensive midfielder' plan and today employed the old 'Modern conservative' plan (cf. Hodgson et al.) where we grabbed one (very well executed) goal and then soaked up the pressure. A bit daunting given our rather creaky defence, but worked OK given our new-found and most welcome fighting spirit. Zverotic and, particularly, Staf were much better today than midweek and the two cbs continued to develop a partnership which bodes well. Marcus contributes to the defence with his occasional Manuel Neuer-style forays.

Our three 'not quite good enough for the PL' stars, unsurprisingly look classy at this level. Parker continues to be excellent, sure he is limited, but within those limitations, he is our main man. Ruiz also shines, but those shortcomings (lack of pace and totally one-footed predictability) that saw him off in the PL are beginning to catch him out at this level. Even Hugo looks good...if only he could improve his finishing by 10%...well, then he wouldn't be Hugo.

McCormack, having shown us half a dozen things we (well me, anyway) didn't expect, today showed us something we did. Fabulous, what a buy he is turning out to be.
LVC? We all know about this one now. Terrific - and getting better each game.

Hmmmn...did I detect a veiled moan here?
Everything is better, just not good enough yet?
092.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jims Dentist

Agree, but with injuries and Kit's reluctance to use David, we could do with re inforcements. Most other Championship clubs are using the loan system right now.
Agree it would need to be a player of the right character so as not to disturb the team spirit.
As mentioned by someone previously Chris Baird would be good for the sqaud given his experience and versatility. He is not getting too much action in the Prem at present. Think he is at WBA?

leonffc

Bryan divided's opinion again. I thought it was one of his better games