watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have finally found a playmaker.

Started by JackyFulham90, November 09, 2014, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Lasse Vigen Christensen what a quality player he is turning out to be. He is strong he can beat a player, he has a good range of passing & is showing composure infront of goal. We all thought Patrick Roberts would be the player making us loads of money but it looks like Christensen will be that player.

Andy S

It is too early to judge at the moment although Christenson is looking better. The problems come when teams put two players on him. I hope he continues to shine

nose

LVC has improved game on game, when he first arrived i liked his energy but some of distribution was questionable but he has really settled into the role and a couple of goals recently will not harm his confidence.... let's hope it continues.

filham

LVC is proving to be the fastest developing of our youngsters and is well worth a regular place in the team.

To be honest the other young players, particularly Roberts, are not coming up to expectations.
Let us hope all that is needed is a little more time for these players to realise their promise.

Peppo

I Agree. What impresses me is how much of the ball he has, he is always getting involved. His long passing is also pretty impressive.

jms

At the moment young Patrick R is a bit of a 'one trick pony'
On the other hand LVC is the 'real deal'
Exciting times ahead though ..........if we can sort out the defence

Craven Mad

LVC has been the most impressive youngster lately.

I think we're actually quite fortunate with our CMs right now;

LVC - Ball Player (can carry the ball up the pitch and split a defence)
Hyndman - Ball Giver (can pass and hold the ball, retaining possession and waiting to pick out a runner)
Parker - Ball Winner (can get the ball back, break up an opposition attack and ignite our own)

These three give us tactical flexibility and options (particularly when you can put players like David, Bryan, Hoog, Stafy, Kav, Ross, Pat and G.Williams around them).

The only thing I think we could do with is someone with a bit more 'presence' - like Tunnicliffe - for the odd occasion where we need to impose ourselves on the opposition. The three current CMs are all quite slight of build..

MJG

And JMS wins the prize for the first Roberts is a one trick pony comment.
File him under the same as Frei file.

Of course he's not a one trick pony,  he's 17 ffs

Barrie

Emmo i feel is more cut out for the playmaker role longer term.  However,  lvc is proving to be much more than just a box to box midfielder a la Parker with his range of skills.  If we can hang on to these kids, it will be a hell of a midfield with those two in the middle and Roberts and Williams out wide

Craven Mad

LVC actually reminds me a bit of a Championship Moussa Dembele Snr. (who can actually also score.)

He skilfully dribbles from the centre of the park, pushing the opposition defence back, creating space for those around him. Ironically, seeing that MD started life as a striker, LVC is more attacking that he ever was - which has been so useful in our recent resurrection.

Dare I say it, but I think we have a real talent on our hands!

Martinsback

Quote from: filham on November 09, 2014, 11:16:48 AM
LVC is proving to be the fastest developing of our youngsters and is well worth a regular place in the team.

To be honest the other young players, particularly Roberts, are not coming up to expectations.
Let us hope all that is needed is a little more time for these players to realise their promise.

Roberts just needs a bit of time to learn the game in a really competitive situation. Just look at Wilcott for example, he used to run and fail to look up but then became really good...so let's have patience.

FPT

He reminds me of Aaron Ramsey, he provides the midfield with vital energy, he's technically excellent and pops up with goals and assists.

He's this good at 20, think how good he's going to be at 22-23 (Ramsey's current age) and then into his mid and late 20s!

We've got him tied down until 2017, and I believe that he is the first real Academy plaudit, this is the first player via the academy that represents the hard work put in by Malcolm Elias, Huw Jennings and Kit Symons.

glenhodgso

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 09, 2014, 12:11:14 PM
LVC has been the most impressive youngster lately.

I think we're actually quite fortunate with our CMs right now;

LVC - Ball Player (can carry the ball up the pitch and split a defence)
Hyndman - Ball Giver (can pass and hold the ball, retaining possession and waiting to pick out a runner)
Parker - Ball Winner (can get the ball back, break up an opposition attack and ignite our own)

These three give us tactical flexibility and options (particularly when you can put players like David, Bryan, Hoog, Stafy, Kav, Ross, Pat and G.Williams around them).

The only thing I think we could do with is someone with a bit more 'presence' - like Tunnicliffe - for the odd occasion where we need to impose ourselves on the opposition. The three current CMs are all quite slight of build..

:plus one:  It was noticeable yesterday that George & Lasse were muscled off the ball by some of the 'Town boys, and appeared to appeal to the ref saying "that's not fair" - both playing well though and the LVC goal showed great maturity - well done guys!

res

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on November 09, 2014, 10:43:09 AM
Lasse Vigen Christensen what a quality player he is turning out to be. He is strong he can beat a player, he has a good range of passing & is showing composure infront of goal. We all thought Patrick Roberts would be the player making us loads of money but it looks like Christensen will be that player.

Apart from what he does individually, LVC also takes the pressure off Scott Parker...which is one reason why Scott is now playing, and lasting games, better. Saw LVC make his debut at the Cup tie at Norwich last season and thought he was too lightweight....always nice to be proved wrong!!

Jack Fulham

I've got to say he has an incredible engine as well. Plenty of second half goals seem to come from his running and determination. He will be a fantastic box to box centre mid.

hovewhite

Pleased for LVC and also for kit to be able to blood him knowing his potential from his management at the u21 days.

WolverineFFC

Far and away the club's best youngster if you ask me. Classic 2 way CM, am very excited what 2-3 yrs of strength and experience will add to his game.

Not trying to put down players like Roberts, Williams, Dembele, etc. Just really, really impressed by LVC.

Barrie

Quote from: WolverineFFC on November 09, 2014, 06:15:05 PM
Far and away the club's best youngster if you ask me. Classic 2 way CM, am very excited what 2-3 yrs of strength and experience will add to his game.

Not trying to put down players like Roberts, Williams, Dembele, etc. Just really, really impressed by LVC.

He's 2 or 3 years older than those kids, it's worth remembering.  That's a lot at this age group.

Barrie

What are the club doing to tie these kids down on longer deals, can anyone tell me please?  Moussa is out of contract next summer, and williams, Roberts and Hyndman the summer after that.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Barrie on November 09, 2014, 06:37:08 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on November 09, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

He's 2 or 3 years older than those kids, it's worth remembering.  That's a lot at this age group.

Yes, but I think we assume players will develop X amount over so many years because they are such and such age. It more often doesn't happen than it does. LVC just turned 20, which is young too. While he may be 1-3 yrs older than the others I mentioned, to have him be performing this way in a very difficult position on the pitch at his age is very impressive to me.