watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Stuart Pearce

Started by copthornemike, November 09, 2014, 10:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Excellent radio programme now on on Talk Sport - Danny Kelly (by far and away the best presenter on that station) interviewing Stuart Pearce on the My Sporting Life series. Seems a well grounded, likeable and dare I say normal, sort of person.

Holders

Always liked him - a normal psycho.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

domprague

He came up through non-league ranks and qualified as an electrician. Might make you a bit more down to earth and appreciative of success.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

dannyboi-ffc

I agree he seems to appreciate things a bit more than most given his background but I'm not a massive fan. As a manager I don't see any good that he has achieved, but when he talks you'd think he'd won more than Mourinho. 

But it's when he talks about football that I switch off, as a person he seems to live a normal life and earned his keep
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

copthornemike

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 10, 2014, 11:29:59 AM
I agree he seems to appreciate things a bit more than most given his background but I'm not a massive fan. As a manager I don't see any good that he has achieved, but when he talks you'd think he'd won more than Mourinho. 

But it's when he talks about football that I switch off, as a person he seems to live a normal life and earned his keep
Still worth listening to the podcast if you missed the original broadcast last night (Sunday). Near the end when asked about his future as the Forest manager he commented:
If we do not win promotion at the end of the season I will probably lose my job. If we do get promoted 18 other managers will lose theirs!

Cravenawin

Quote from: domprague on November 10, 2014, 11:06:21 AM
He came up through non-league ranks and qualified as an electrician. Might make you a bit more down to earth and appreciative of success.

Thought there was a joke there with Pearce being an electrician and being down to earth.

Riverside

Quote from: Cravenawin on November 10, 2014, 03:31:13 PM
Quote from: domprague on November 10, 2014, 11:06:21 AM

Thought there was a joke there with Pearce being an electrician and being down to earth.

Shocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burt

A prize to anyone who can slip "medium voltage distribution network" in to this thread...  :dft011:

snarks

He does seem well grounded, and not likely to shock anyone.

Cravenawin

Bit of a livewire in his playing days. Always rely on Psycho to plug any holes in the back four.

Peppo

He's a really down to Earth guy who transformed forest. Even the neutrals would agree that his three pronged attack is watt makes their live TV games a real joy too watch. Unless you want the the other team, that must really hertz their resistance finally breakers down.