watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our style of football

Started by PaulJ123, November 09, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

Just wanted to get a few thoughts on it.

I see Kit say in his pressers about how he likes to play attacking football and the right way, and people on here seem to think we play good football.
But I just don't see it, we never seem to pass it through the middle when we have it at the back or the fb's have it. It seems a hoof it long to Hugo, hope it sticks or comes back to our CM. We've seen that when we actually DO play quick passing football (look at Williams' chance yesterday), we create chances as our forward players are probably a step up than this league.

I'm not moaning about it at all as we're getting results, just wanted to see what others thoughts are

BedsFFC

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 09, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

I see Kit say in his pressers about how he likes to play attacking football and the right way, and people on here seem to think we play good football.
But I just don't see it, we never seem to pass it through the middle when we have it at the back or the fb's have it. It seems a hoof it long to Hugo, hope it sticks or comes back to our CM. We've seen that when we actually DO play quick passing football (look at Williams' chance yesterday), we create chances as our forward players are probably a step up than this league.

I'm not moaning about it at all as we're getting results, just wanted to see what others thoughts are
Sadly, I have to agree.

terryr

We don't shoot enough. McCormick needs to do what he just did and have a go more often rather than walking the ball into the net

Black, White and Fred

I think from my point that it is the league we are in that drags us into that style of play, but i may be wrong...
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

is very "Fulhamish" - oh no better not get that topic going again.....

PaulJ123

K33NY

I think we have played the ball quite alot through the middle, and most people seem to be complainting about us not playing wide enough. Its when we get that pace on the ball we play good football, 1-2's and fb on full speed up to support, thats when we create something but he we hold up the ball and take good time we seem to be overrunned.

I dont like that we concede so many goals though, BUT we cant win if we cant score, so as long as our attack creates more goals for than we have against, I wont complaint ;)

cmg

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 09, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

Are you sure? A few weeks back I was beginning to worry that were resorting to lumping the ball forward, that tactic of last resort for the truly desperate. But, for the last two games, at least, we seem to have ditched that either by accident or design. It certainly wasn't working.

The last two games have seen us working it through the middle quite pleasingly on occasion. It would have been devastating if two of the main contributors to the process, Parker and Ruiz, were a endowed with a bit more speed (I'm not knocking them. I think they have contributed mightily. It's just that neither work very fast.) and if our finishing had been a bit more clinical.
We have also seen plenty of movement down the flanks, mostly by the nominal full-backs. This has been less successful because of poor crossing. I'm sure Kavanagh would have been employed here had he not been injured.
Additionally we have seen, to increasingly good effect, LVC bringing the ball out of the midfield in a way not seen since Dembele Snr left for the benches of North London.

In short, I think our style has been quite attractive. Unsurprisingly starting to show some of the elements that characterized our recent junior sides.

love4ffc

I actually think we do a good job of trying to keep it balanced between hoofing it, making the runs down the side and playing it through the middle.  At least when we have the right team on the field I think we do.  I also think in this league where a player with the ball more times then not gets two to three players instantly falling on him that you run into having no other option then hoofing it down field. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

snarks

I think kit has been coaching the back 4, with don't mess about with it on the edge of the box. Dan Burn is particularly good at hitting row z if in any doubt, or just hoofing it upfiled.

That I have no problem with, Fulham do play it on the floor when they have time, and are adept at it. All 3 of Saturdays goals came from passing and moving rather than hopeful hoofs, as did Williams and Hugo's chance in the first half, and both of Hugo's chances in the second.

There is less of a passing mentality than in the premiership, or at the start of the season, but then Fulham had 1 point from 8 games. Whereas now.....

VicHalomsLovechild

We look good on the break, where we don't get time to think, just players running into spaces and having the ball played into their paths. Not so good when Marcus kicks it up to Dave or we try and work from the back. Parker is solid and stays calm under pressure. Ruiz doesn't provide those defence splitting passes (which he's more than capable of) enough. I'm not sure whether it's because he wants too much time, he's marked too closely or players aren't making the runs. LVC just gets better each game. We have lady luck on our side atm which is helpful while players work things out. Don't forget it took Baird, Zolly and Demps a while to get their games going.

nose

i think we play a pragmatic style.
Early on we play some longer balls to try and catch the opposition cold, then we play on the floor for the majority of the game but we do hit longer passes and high clearances when needed.
I think the style is quite good, the issue is the quality of the players, some of the more intricate moves can fail because occasionally w take to long or make wrong choices or just misplace the ball...
But the style is eminantely suitable based on the basic ability of the squad.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I am actually very impressed by our brand of football: the only issue I have is that we have too many attacking players and Kit seems to be very offensive minded, but sometimes in these kind of games you need to defend. We had McCormack, Ruiz, Rodallega and George Williams on the pitch when Huddersfield was mounting pression on us and what he did was mind blowing, he subbed Williams for Démbéle! I am glad everything worked out fine and I know it was a psychological move to give a boost to the lads, but being a little bit more practical sometimes would work too.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!