watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you recall...

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 10, 2014, 01:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Ton Ted

Is Tunnicliffe that good? He's made 5 starts, 5 subs at Blackburn, 1 goal.  Hardly showing what we're missing.

I haven't seen enough of him to really make a decision, but I personally think we need better players than him.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Lighthouse

Are any of the players out on loan better than the ones we have in the starting squad. No I don't think so. Possibly a couple would make it to the subs bench. So why recall any?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 10, 2014, 04:58:12 PM
Are any of the players out on loan better than the ones we have in the starting squad. No I don't think so. Possibly a couple would make it to the subs bench. So why recall any?

That looks about the size of it.

Attempting to find some measure of Tunnicliffe's performance (He is a regular starter for a side currently 10 places higher than us) I came across a site called WhoScored.com which seems to provide ratings for all and sundry. I make no comment with regard to the accuracy of these ratings, but it does serve to put Tunnicliffe in some kind of perspective.

The top rated midfielders are: Redmond (7.46), Leadbitter, Marshall, Tozser, Norwood, Spearing (7.26). Our candidates are: LVC (7.28), Parker (7.09), Staf (7.06), Hyndman (6.60).

Tunnicliffe is rated 6.60

Just to finish it off. As a team we are rated overall 3rd after Derby and Ipswich and in front of Bournemouth and Watford.
This indicates either 1) The ratings are a load of crap or 2) We are considerable underachievers or 3) A measure of our current improvement.

Our other ratings: Hoogland (7.35), Burn (7.35), Bodurov (7.34), Hugo (7.27), Bryan (7.23), Ross (7.22), Amo (7.10), Zverotic (6.77), Williams (6.70), Woodrow (6.50), Betts (6.50)

Burt

The Trog has scored 4 times in 7 appearances for Olympiacos... That's 4 more goals than he managed for us.

H4usuallysitting

I think Kaka has also scored a couple of goals while out on loan

FulhamStu

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 10, 2014, 08:13:05 AM
Hugo and Ross are doing a great job, and we have good backups, so I'd leave Mitro in Greece.

Kaca could be useful on the left of the diamond, so I'd bring him back.

I'd also bring back Tunni, who could allow Scott the odd rest and come in as the box-to-box enforcer that we've lacked.
Agree with this.  Also, we have agreed a fee for Mitro so I expect he is committed for the season.  Think we could spend the money we would have to pay Mitro for more required players in defense.

rusty shackleford

I never want to see Mitroglous face again as long as i live

HatterDon

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 11, 2014, 06:19:10 PM
I never want to see Mitroglous face again as long as i live

and so say all of me
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

Quote from: the nutflush on November 10, 2014, 08:02:05 AM
I would recall Magath so we could arrest him and put him up before a firing squad. 

...our shooting's so bad we'd miss...........

love4ffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on November 11, 2014, 05:08:39 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on November 10, 2014, 08:13:05 AM
Hugo and Ross are doing a great job, and we have good backups, so I'd leave Mitro in Greece.

Kaca could be useful on the left of the diamond, so I'd bring him back.

I'd also bring back Tunni, who could allow Scott the odd rest and come in as the box-to-box enforcer that we've lacked.
Agree with this.  Also, we have agreed a fee for Mitro so I expect he is committed for the season.  Think we could spend the money we would have to pay Mitro for more required players in defense.

While I agree Kaca could be useful on the left it's not the left that concerns me.    It's the right that worries me and needs to be addressed.  Same with the back four.  Again it's the right that worries me. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?