watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford Away

Started by ffc_beason, November 11, 2014, 03:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc_beason

What's the plan for this one? Are people drinking in Putney/Fulham and then jumping on a train to Brentford, or going straight to Brentford and drinking there? I have the day off work but I'm coming up from Hastings, so unsure what time to get where.  082.gif
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

copthornemike

Certainly plenty of choice for this one as Griffin Park has a pub on each corner and the Fullers Brewery is a stone / bottle throw away!!!

Ged

Quote from: copthornemike on November 12, 2014, 12:23:24 AM
Certainly plenty of choice for this one as Griffin Park has a pub on each corner and the Fullers Brewery is a stone / bottle throw away!!!

the Fullers Brewery is nearer to Craven Cottage than Griffin Park

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Ged on November 12, 2014, 12:32:13 AM
Quote from: copthornemike on November 12, 2014, 12:23:24 AM

the Fullers Brewery is nearer to Craven Cottage than Griffin Park
[E/quote]

Small stone, big arm.

ffc_beason

Decisions, decisions. Probably rock up about 4-ish, so I'll have time to sample a few pubs

Scrumpy

There are plenty drinking in Putney before the game (The Fox, The Railway and others along the High Street) before jumping on a train at around 6.30pm for the short hop along to BFC. I will be among their number and also have a day off work for this one  049:gif !

If you do go to Griffin Park early, of the 4 pubs on the corners,1 is Home fans only, and the other 3 get very busy, very quickly!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Huxley

The Bell and Crown on Strand on the Green is a very nice Fullers pub just 4 minutes from Kew Bridge station. The City Barge further downstream has become rather pricey which is a shame but they do have a very good choice of beers (20 on tap from memory). Haven't been to teh Express Tavern since the renovations, but was a traditional real ale pub. The New Inn on the corner of Griffin Park is a friendly neutral pub. Will probably end up there pre match. Nice chance for a quick pub crawl: Get off at Kew Bridge, Bell and Crowb, Express Tavern, then folllow brentford high street. Small irish pub opposite music museum, Macdonals, them up ealing Road, Royal Horesguardmen (not sure if visiting team welcome though) then finish off at New Inn. Most likely will not be serving beer at the stadium.

ffc_beason

Two very good options from Scrumpy and Gatsby. Pub crawl does sound appealing.

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on November 12, 2014, 01:21:13 PM
The New Inn on the corner of Griffin Park is a friendly neutral pub. Will probably end up there pre match.

Doubt there will be any 'friendly' pubs due to the nature of the game but we will see how it goes!  049:gif

ffc_beason

Looked at Brentfords website, there is a block of taken seats in the stand to the left of the away end, closest to the away end.

Are these all fulham as are perfectly lined up and no gaps in between?

Travers Barney

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 12, 2014, 01:14:34 PM
There are plenty drinking in Putney before the game (The Fox, The Railway and others along the High Street) before jumping on a train at around 6.30pm for the short hop along to BFC. I will be among their number and also have a day off work for this one  049:gif !

If you do go to Griffin Park early, of the 4 pubs on the corners,1 is Home fans only, and the other 3 get very busy, very quickly!

Will head down Putney pre match and claim one of them Chinese beers off you pal

coyw
We are the whites

premFlem

Will brentwood be offering a fan park for those of us travelling without a ticket?
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Northern Cottager

Quote from: premFlem on November 14, 2014, 07:37:28 AM
Will brentwood be offering a fan park for those of us travelling without a ticket?

I can't tell whether this is sarcasm? Lol.

premFlem

Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 14, 2014, 09:22:13 AM
Quote from: premFlem on November 14, 2014, 07:37:28 AM

I can't tell whether this is sarcasm? Lol.
woke up this morning with a bee in my bonnet about not being able to get a ticket due to our small allocation, I've chilled out now.. lol
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away