more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Puskas Award

Started by TWFL, November 12, 2014, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on November 13, 2014, 02:00:16 AM
I think the best Fulham goal I've ever seen was the 23 or 25 pass beauty that Dempsey slotted home. It was a very long possession by a masterful team.

The best goal I've ever seen PERIOD was in a Sunday morning league match in Clifton, Beds. I was walking my dog and spied a 6-player move from goal line to goal line and sideline to sideline. It took about 25 seconds and was stunning.

I used to play for Clifton on Sundays but also scored some crackers against them, including a brilliant first half Hatrick when they were top of the Hitchin Sunday league.
I wonder HD, I wonder. Could you have witnessed me in action? I doubt it as I only started playing men's footy in 1990

F(f)CUK

Why do these awards have to be voted for by the public. They tend to be biased and have no idea that Fulham will always have the best goal.

HatterDon

Quote from: leonffc on November 13, 2014, 05:06:31 PM
I think the best Fulham goal I've ever seen was the 23 or 25 pass beauty that Dempsey slotted home. It was a very long possession by a masterful team.

The best goal I've ever seen PERIOD was in a Sunday morning league match in Clifton, Beds. I was walking my dog and spied a 6-player move from goal line to goal line and sideline to sideline. It took about 25 seconds and was stunning.

I used to play for Clifton on Sundays but also scored some crackers against them, including a brilliant first half Hatrick when they were top of the Hitchin Sunday league.
I wonder HD, I wonder. Could you have witnessed me in action? I doubt it as I only started playing men's footy in 1990

No, this would be 1968. You might have been in a pram then!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on November 13, 2014, 08:00:16 PM
Quote from: leonffc on November 13, 2014, 05:06:31 PM

No, this would be 1968. You might have been in a pram then!

6 or 7 years away from even being in a pram.

Your loss, you should have hung around a bit longer. I lit up that park some Sundays  :dft011:

bog

Wonderful picture Les of Puskas. In his autobiography he wrote that, in 1953, the Hungarians trained at QPR's ground. But we know different as this photograph, quite clearly shows. It must have been an age thing. A true great of the game.

092.gif

hovewhite

That goal ,genius and made a statement about the boy.No suprise he's doing great this year and a honest player to boot.

GloucesterWhite

Nobody has mentioned Alan Mullery's goal (can't remember who it was against), but didn't that win goal of the season? A volley from outside the area with the side of his boot.

LBNo11

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on November 14, 2014, 08:19:24 AM
Nobody has mentioned Alan Mullery's goal (can't remember who it was against), but didn't that win goal of the season? A volley from outside the area with the side of his boot.

alan mullery - goal of the season 1974

...against Leicester, Barry Lloyd set it up and Mullery banged it in...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

GloucesterWhite

That's the one - just found the same clip.

LBNo11

Paul Peschisolido Top Ten Fulham Goals.avi

...Peschisolido's goal Vs Liverpool, after 1 minute...

LBNo11

LBNo11

absent cottager

Just voted the only one I think is as good as Kasamis, is cahil's but steph roche's is a beaut to albeit a token ladies one...

LBNo11

Fulham v Lincoln 1982

...not a spectacular goal, but one that meant so much, Roger Brown 1982 and promotion - RIP Rog...

dannyboi-ffc

LB NO11,  I have those goals on dvd. Top 10 goals and top 10 scorers or something like that it's called. If they did an updated version what goals would be replaced and what goals would replace them?

I'd say mcaree,  mullery,  brown, Sean davis vs Blackburn, pesch at anfield and houghton  would definitely stay. I can't think off the top of my head the others.

The ones I think we need to make room for are Davies vs hamburg, kasami obviously and Murphy ' s header. Possibly Dempsey ' s chip for the occasion too.

I never thought I'd say this but I don't think there would be room for harley ' s rocket any more. I even think Diop ' s vs utd was a better goal.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 14, 2014, 08:51:02 AM
Fulham v Lincoln 1982

...not a spectacular goal, but one that meant so much, Roger Brown 1982 and promotion - RIP Rog...
Remember that game, bit my nails right down to the quick. Huge crowd.

jags24

I thought Kasami's really was the best of them.  Not just because I am a fan.  It was an incredible goal, and unlike the others, he took two brilliant touches because the control off his chest was terrific.

James also had a stunner, as well as Cahill.  I also thought the Sato goal was sublime.  Cool stuff.

CottagersOnTour

Not quite on the same level.. but I dont know if anyone else caught this on BT Sports 2 today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2qWhQ0-mfE

Watch from 1:10 in... Betsy (Fulham u-12 coach) wins the, very soft, freekick, nicely converted by Guiseppe Sole, virtually no run up!

jags24

Quote from: CottagersOnTour on November 16, 2014, 08:34:02 PM
Not quite on the same level.. but I dont know if anyone else caught this on BT Sports 2 today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2qWhQ0-mfE

Watch from 1:10 in... Betsy (Fulham u-12 coach) wins the, very soft, freekick, nicely converted by Guiseppe Sole, virtually no run up!

Should it have really been a free kick though, I thought Betsy's touch got away from him.

CottagersOnTour

It was very soft, the refs reasoning was the slight impeding/contact led to a heavy touch by Betsy and he was disadvantaged by that.

Still didn't think it was going to go in from 40+ yards out!