watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Puskas Award

Started by TWFL, November 12, 2014, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWFL

Kasami's goal v Palace has been nominated for the Puskas Award for 2014.

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

Don't think an ex-Fulham player has ever won it before?

Barrett487

As an unbiased football fan.... i reckon that he's got a shout. The only contender on merit is James (pronounced Yamis) Rodriguez belter in the World Cup.

i still reckon they'll give it to Ibrahimovic, Costa, or Van Persie because they're bigger names (pronounced names).

i would also observe that Wilshere's 'better' goal didn't make it.... who will the Arse fans vote for?

J.Perkins

The fact he was running when he controlled it, and then struck it perfectly with his weak foot, and the fact the ball dint touch the floor in their half, he has to win it.

LBNo11

...in a way this is the goal got us relegated - think about it, Khan was there in person and Jol was clearly clueless, but as a result of a great goal and an away win after many poor games, Khan kept Jol for far too long and the consequences meant we are where we are now. Either way it was a great goal - but won't be chosen as Kasami doesn't play for Man Ure, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc.,..
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

rusty shackleford

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 12, 2014, 07:38:08 PM
...in a way this is the goal got us relegated

and in many, many more ways... it wasnt

dannyboi-ffc

Incredible achievement! Make sure you all vote for it to win!!!!! I don't think many goals from England have ever been nominated and better still I bet a relegated club has ever been recognised for a massive award.

Where's wilshire now Arsenal fans? Kasami has every chance of winning just because of how unique it was. Just like Ibrahimovic ' s overhead kick against england that won.

Very proud of this and I think it also confirms it's surely Fulham greatest ever goal.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

SP

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 12, 2014, 08:38:09 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on November 12, 2014, 07:38:08 PM
...in a way this is the goal got us relegated

and in many, many more ways... it wasnt

Understandably, this goal stole the headlines but Sidwell's effort shortly after wasn't too shabby & completely knocked the stuffing out of Palace?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 12, 2014, 08:48:52 PM
Incredible achievement! Make sure you all vote for it to win!!!!! I don't think many goals from England have ever been nominated and better still I bet a relegated club has ever been recognised for a massive award.

Where's wilshire now Arsenal fans? Kasami has every chance of winning just because of how unique it was. Just like Ibrahimovic ' s overhead kick against england that won.

Very proud of this and I think it also confirms it's surely Fulham greatest ever goal.

Jon Harley would have something to say about that
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bog

The fact that we have a Fulham player in the list is quite unbelievable. To be in line for an award in the name of such a fantastic player as Ferenc Puskas is an honour on its own. One of my heroes. Something like 83 goals in 84 internationals.

092.gif   

HatterDon

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 12, 2014, 05:10:30 PM
As an unbiased football fan.... i reckon that he's got a shout. The only contender on merit is James (pronounced Yamis) Rodriguez belter in the World Cup.

i still reckon they'll give it to Ibrahimovic, Costa, or Van Persie because they're bigger names (pronounced names).

i would also observe that Wilshere's 'better' goal didn't make it.... who will the Arse fans vote for?

:drums:  :clap_hands:  065.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 12, 2014, 08:53:36 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 12, 2014, 08:48:52 PM

Jon Harley would have something to say about that

No chance. Diop ' s goal vs utd was better than harley.  If you watch it again the goalie is useless. It went straight down the middle and was a hit and hope, great goal but not in the league of kasami

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

LBNo11

...what about the amazing skill of Simon Davies against Hamburg in the Europa semi-final? Kasami's goal may well be amongst the best but not sure you can categorically say it was the best, people's opinions differ, obviously...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 12, 2014, 09:25:36 PM
...what about the amazing skill of Simon Davies against Hamburg in the Europa semi-final? Kasami's goal may well be amongst the best but not sure you can categorically say it was the best, people's opinions differ, obviously...

In my lifetime the five best goals were
1) kasami
2) Davies vs hamburg
3) Diop vs utd
4) Kamara overhead kick
5) toss up between harley, Dempsey chip and pesch at an field.

So i agree with you Davies goal was special. The most skillful. There was an element of luck involved with every goal I mentioned including kasami except for Davies.  The most technically gifted goal but kasami's was outrageous and impossible to stop

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

leonffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 12, 2014, 05:10:30 PM

Pronounced 'Hames' - as you read it, not Haimes as you would pronounce James.

I hope that's clear 8/

HatterDon

I think the best Fulham goal I've ever seen was the 23 or 25 pass beauty that Dempsey slotted home. It was a very long possession by a masterful team.

The best goal I've ever seen PERIOD was in a Sunday morning league match in Clifton, Beds. I was walking my dog and spied a 6-player move from goal line to goal line and sideline to sideline. It took about 25 seconds and was stunning.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AUSFFC

What a strike that was, I think he has a chance! I voted him

but I think Ibra will win, the blokes a freak, and that was a freakishh goal
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on November 13, 2014, 02:00:16 AM
I think the best Fulham goal I've ever seen was the 23 or 25 pass beauty that Dempsey slotted home. It was a very long possession by a masterful team.

The best goal I've ever seen PERIOD was in a Sunday morning league match in Clifton, Beds. I was walking my dog and spied a 6-player move from goal line to goal line and sideline to sideline. It took about 25 seconds and was stunning.

Was that the one against wolves 5-0? When the pog scored a hatrick?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

cmg

Terrific picture, that, from LB11, of Puskas - the inspiration for little fat footballers the world over - training at the Cottage before he and his mates well and truly read England's fortune regarding who was top-dog in World football.

Is this an award for best goal scored with the 'wrong' foot? As 'bog' said he scored 83 in 84 internationals and about 600 overall at around a goal-a-game. I doubt that the number of right foot goals got into double figures!

Jambo

No I'm not old enough to remember it but surely this is our best goal?

http://youtu.be/pD7sPuz-hnI

http://youtu.be/pD7sPuz-hnI
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/