watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham ' s top 10 greatest goals?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, November 14, 2014, 11:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

In light of the incredible achievement for a club like Fulham to have a goal nominated for fifa goal of the year. It got me thinking, if the club ever released another dvd like they did about 15 years ago and asked us fans to vote for Fulham ' s greatest goals, what would be your pick in order?

Obviously this is Fulham ' s greatest as a club and not personal goals that didn't necessarily mean a great deal to anyone else. We will probably pick similar lists but it will be interesting to see how we all rank them.

Here's mine

1)Kasami- I've never seen a goal like it, unique! The best goal I've ever seen
2)Davies vs Hamburg- the importance,  the occasion and the technique. A special moment at the height of our clubs greatest hour.
3)Mitchell in semi final- last second of the game, heading for yet another replay and up pops Mitchell to take us to Wembley. I wish I was there but before my time, again the importance is why it's ranked so high.
4)Murphy vs Pompey- Without this goal the future may have been very different and we certainly wouldn't have had the Europa journey. This goal gave me the best feeling and it was probably our most important goal ever.
5) Sean Davis vs Blackburn- TAKE THAT SOUNESS!!!! Down to 10 men against the side who believed they were better than us. 1-0 down back come the whites with an injury time winner. It didn't mean promotion but it represented so much more than promotion at the time.
6) Mullery volley- I wasn't born yet but from videos It's a brilliant goal
7)Dempsey vs Juventus- regarded as most fans favourite ever game and topped off with a goal worthy of winning any game let alone 4-1 against the giants of Italy.
8)Rod McAree- not the most stunning goal but the significance of it is why we still sing about it today. We should never forget where we've come from.
9)Brown vs Lincoln- again I wasn't born but it gave us promotion at the cottage, not many goals can vouch to have done that.
10)Peschisolido vs Liverpool- for a league one side (old div 2) to go to Anfield and score a goal as brilliant as that was almost as disbelieving as beating Juventus at the time.

There were a few that missed out but I genuinely didn't think the list was big enough for them. Diop 's amazing bullet against UTD was one of my favourite ever goals. Probably only bettered by kasami's and Murphy ' s header But I put personal favourites aside and picked the club's greatest.

No room for houghton or harley either.

Anyway what would you pick if asked?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

CFS

Can`t argue with any of the above , But my Favourite Fulham Goal is the  NEXT ONE! 049:gif

Holders

It is absolutely fantastic that little old relegated Fulham should have a goal nominated for the best in the world last year.

You've picked all the key Fulham goals from our recent history plus some attractive ones on top. I can't really think of any essential ones to add.

I was behind the goal for the Mullery volley and heard Mitchell's on the radio. I was looking forward to going to Highbury for the replay when it went in, in about the 85th minute. I was more ecstatic than disappointed though. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

twang

I've always had a soft spot for Collins John's van Basten goal against Middlesbrough. Until Kasami did what he did, it was the best Fulham goal I had ever seen.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: twang on November 14, 2014, 11:59:29 AM
I've always had a soft spot for Collins John's van Basten goal against Middlesbrough. Until Kasami did what he did, it was the best Fulham goal I had ever seen.

I forgot about that goal, fantastic!!! But when you have to sit down and narrow it down to the ten best does it quite have enough? Like you said kasami's was better and the other amazing goals had a bit of history or importance to them. Then you add in the tap ins that make up our history and Collins John comes up short for me. (I'm surprised he weren't offside).  Possibly top 20 but even that would be tight. If I remember correctly we went on to lose to Middlesbrough that day as well which doesn't help his cause.

Great suggestion though
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

TonyGilroy

The top ten greatest goals are the next 10. May they be soon.

Fulham33

Ok not present for all of them - but quite a few.
1) I nearly fell of the chair at home in disbelief with a wtf aimed at what I had just seen.
2) At the Putney end for that one - I think I may still be a little hoarse
3) I was surrounded by very large Brummies - you try surpressing your unbridled joy at Fulham getting to Wembley - not easy - coach broke down on the way home - had to get the milkman to help me bump start my car at the Cottage to get home - needless to say didn't get to college that day! The one at Hillsborough was much more spectacular
6) behind the goal for that one
Was there for a couple of the others too

So I am old but have seen a few
I was also behind the goal for Zamora against Shaktar - that one was special too 

Sgt Fulham

Gera goal vs Hamburg was scruffy but never have I seen a goal make the cottage go as mental as that one. I also remember Zamora vs Wolfsburg away. Settled the nerves and I just remember how proud I felt of my team at that moment. I do miss that season!

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 14, 2014, 11:24:15 AM
In light of the incredible achievement for a club like Fulham to have a goal nominated for fifa goal of the year. It got me thinking, if the club ever released another dvd like they did about 15 years ago and asked us fans to vote for Fulham ' s greatest goals, what would be your pick in order?

Obviously this is Fulham ' s greatest as a club and not personal goals that didn't necessarily mean a great deal to anyone else. We will probably pick similar lists but it will be interesting to see how we all rank them.

Here's mine

2)Davies vs Hamburg- the importance,  the occasion and the technique. A special moment at the height of our clubs greatest hour.
3)Mitchell in semi final- last second of the game, heading for yet another replay and up pops Mitchell to take us to Wembley. I wish I was there but before my time, again the importance is why it's ranked so high.
4)Murphy vs Pompey- Without this goal the future may have been very different and we certainly wouldn't have had the Europa journey. This goal gave me the best feeling and it was probably our most important goal ever.
5) Sean Davis vs Blackburn- TAKE THAT SOUNESS!!!! Down to 10 men against the side who believed they were better than us. 1-0 down back come the whites with an injury time winner. It didn't mean promotion but it represented so much more than promotion at the time.
7)Dempsey vs Juventus- regarded as most fans favourite ever game and topped off with a goal worthy of winning any game let alone 4-1 against the giants of Italy.
8)Rod McAree- not the most stunning goal but the significance of it is why we still sing about it today. We should never forget where we've come from.
9)Brown vs Lincoln- again I wasn't born but it gave us promotion at the cottage, not many goals can vouch to have done that.
10)Peschisolido vs Liverpool- for a league one side (old div 2) to go to Anfield and score a goal as brilliant as that was almost as disbelieving as beating Juventus at the time.

There were a few that missed out but I genuinely didn't think the list was big enough for them. Diop 's amazing bullet against UTD was one of my favourite ever goals. Probably only bettered by kasami's and Murphy ' s header But I put personal favourites aside and picked the club's greatest.

That Peschisolido v Liverpool goal was the day I decided to support Fulham. I was watching on Sky and had supported Forest before that. I wanted to start watching a local team and that goal sealed it. Didn't he do a carbon copy against Hartlepool a week later in the league?
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

madffc

Quote from: twang on November 14, 2014, 11:59:29 AM

I was at the game for that one (john), one of the best i've seen live.

madffc

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 14, 2014, 12:47:24 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 14, 2014, 11:24:15 AM

Here's mine

That Peschisolido v Liverpool goal was the day I decided to support Fulham. I was watching on Sky and had supported Forest before that. I wanted to start watching a local team and that goal sealed it. Didn't he do a carbon copy against Hartlepool a week later in the league?

i remember always trying to score like that on fifa 98 or whatever one it was haha

Roberty

With regard to Murphy's goal - even more wonderful Roy's description of him rising like a salmon to head the ball.

Who else would have come up that comparison - only Sir Roy
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Holders

Quote from: Roberty on November 14, 2014, 01:15:38 PM
With regard to Murphy's goal - even more wonderful Roy's description of him rising like a salmon to head the ball.

Who else would have come up that comparison - only Sir Roy

"Rising like a haddock" wouldn't have had quite the same ring to it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffc_beason

Richardsons goal against Villa last year was pretty good - if only for the unbelievable mayhem in the away corner. Inamoto vs United '03?
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 14, 2014, 12:33:07 PM
Gera goal vs Hamburg was scruffy but never have I seen a goal make the cottage go as mental as that one. I also remember Zamora vs Wolfsburg away. Settled the nerves and I just remember how proud I felt of my team at that moment. I do miss that season!

Take me back to 2010 any day of the week!

clanky

Great goals definitely- funny how Kasami's goal got forgotten by the BBC, if it was Rooney the'd still be praising it today !

Didn't Ray Houghton and Gordon Davies get first and second goals of the season in the 80's when we were allowed to do postal votes for MOTD ?

David Allen Crankshaw

I remember Ivor scoring from near the corner flag against Chesterfield at the Cottage many years ago. I think it could have been on New Year's Day.

ffcjazzle

Zamora's thunderbolt against Shakhtar has to be at least top 10. what a strike

Forever Fulham

Dempsey's goal was the only instance I can remember where time stood still in a shot on goal, my heart in my throat, as the Hail Mary turn-and-lob seemed to float, float, float.  Silence all around. Then it kissed the inside of the net.  As if in disbelief, the fans didn't immediately react. There was a second or two of utter shock, then recognition, then mayhem.  Juventus players crushed.  Kasami's goal was fantastic too.  But it was so sudden, and without the same importance.

Tony

Quote from: ffc_beason on November 14, 2014, 01:54:49 PM
Richardsons goal against Villa last year was pretty good - if only for the unbelievable mayhem in the away corner. Inamoto vs United '03?
There are highlights of Inamoto's goal which I rate as one of the best at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgGcHRNbr-c
but annoyingly it does not show ALL the build up to that goal which is why I rate it so high. If I remember rightly, we started from the goalkeeper, were knocking it around the Man Utd players for many minutes, before finally scoring.