more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players who came on loan to Fulham

Started by SouthWest6, November 14, 2014, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: TheDaddy on November 14, 2014, 09:19:15 PM
Didn't we have a young Andy Cole who was crap then and again when he was older and crap ?

We had a Bobby Robson when he was young and very good, and when he was old and still good. Sadly West Brom had him when he was better. ..a bit off topic, as we bought him back.

ffc_beason

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 15, 2014, 09:57:53 AM
Quote from: ffc_beason on November 15, 2014, 09:52:11 AM
Danny Murphy was our best loan signing.

How did I forget danny! I guess you're right because of that pompey goal. But until Hodgson came in he was not that great and not very popular from what I remember.  I don't even think he played much under Sanchez because we had smertin and Davis.  When Hodgson came in he was superb alongside bullard and the rest is history.

Boa would be a close second

Very close second for Boa, but Hodgson brought the best out of every player in our squad, utilised Davis properly on the wing
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

fulhamben

Quote from: ffc_beason on November 15, 2014, 10:25:03 AM

How did I forget danny! I guess you're right because of that pompey goal. But until Hodgson came in he was not that great and not very popular from what I remember.  I don't even think he played much under Sanchez because we had smertin and Davis.  When Hodgson came in he was superb alongside bullard and the rest is history.

Very close second for Boa, but Hodgson brought the best out of every player in our squad, utilised Davis properly on the wing
murphy wasnt on loan when he scored that pompey goal. boa was on loan for the whole of one of fulhams best ever seasons
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Supermitch

I have excluded players who have been on loan and then signed, eg Boa but from the list of players I've seen pull on the white (black / blue/ green etc) of Fulham these were certainly loan players.  There may be others where I can't immediately recall if they were on loan or not.  They are in order of when I first saw them play. 

Alan Stephenson, Alan Pinkney, Rod Belfitt, Stewart Jump, Howard Gayle, Andy Thomas, Brian McDermott, Steve Foley, Iain Hesford, Paul Fishenden, John Dreyer, Kevin Steggles, Peter Cawley, Iain Dowie, Hugh Burns, Phil Gray, David Byrne, Paul Mahorn, Mark Stallard, Gary Simpson, Jason Solomon, Kyle Lightbourne, Leon McKenzie, Stan Collymore, Stephen Hughes, Danny Cadamarteri, Fabrice Fernandes, Peter Møller, Bobby Peta, Wayne Bridge, Wayne Routledge, Vincenzo Montella, Paul Salteri, Olivier Dacourt, Julian Gray, Stefano Okaka Chuka, Gael Kakuta, Urby Emanuelsson, Emanuel Frimpong, Eyong Enoh, Adel Taarabt, Darren Bent, William Kvist, Lewis Holtby

Some did well but probably fair to say more failures than successes in there (probably why they were not signed on full time).

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Supermitch on November 15, 2014, 11:17:41 AM
I have excluded players who have been on loan and then signed, eg Boa but from the list of players I've seen pull on the white (black / blue/ green etc) of Fulham these were certainly loan players.  There may be others where I can't immediately recall if they were on loan or not.  They are in order of when I first saw them play. 

Alan Stephenson, Alan Pinkney, Rod Belfitt, Stewart Jump, Howard Gayle, Andy Thomas, Brian McDermott, Steve Foley, Iain Hesford, Paul Fishenden, John Dreyer, Kevin Steggles, Peter Cawley, Iain Dowie, Hugh Burns, Phil Gray, David Byrne, Paul Mahorn, Mark Stallard, Gary Simpson, Jason Solomon, Kyle Lightbourne, Leon McKenzie, Stan Collymore, Stephen Hughes, Danny Cadamarteri, Fabrice Fernandes, Peter Møller, Bobby Peta, Wayne Bridge, Wayne Routledge, Vincenzo Montella, Paul Salteri, Olivier Dacourt, Julian Gray, Stefano Okaka Chuka, Gael Kakuta, Urby Emanuelsson, Emanuel Frimpong, Eyong Enoh, Adel Taarabt, Darren Bent, William Kvist, Lewis Holtby

Some did well but probably fair to say more failures than successes in there (probably why they were not signed on full time).

Who was the French lad who was here with Fernandez, only played about a dozen games, scored against Man U ? I think Tigana used to play in France with his dad.

Supermitch

Nicholas Sahnoun.   Uncertain if a loan or a signing.

HillingdonFFC

I have excluded players who have been on loan and then signed, eg Boa but from the list of players I've seen pull on the white (black / blue/ green etc) of Fulham these were certainly loan players.  There may be others where I can't immediately recall if they were on loan or not.  They are in order of when I first saw them play.  

Great list including a few  I had forgotten about . Few others were Mark Grew, Alan Dowson and John McGlashan

NogoodBoyo

I thought Howard Gayle looked promising (from Liverpool I think).  Speedy as all heck which was great as John Evanson's legs were so small and fat he'd have given Ernie Wise a run for his money.  I can't remember Gayle doing much after going back though.
Nogood "might have been one of our first, if not our first black player too, isit" Boyo

PaulJ123

I always find it strange to see Routledge doing so well for Swansea. I thought he was useless when he was with us (did he score the winner or something against Leicester in the FA Cup I remember??)

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 16, 2014, 12:25:48 AM
I always find it strange to see Routledge doing so well for Swansea. I thought he was useless when he was with us (did he score the winner or something against Leicester in the FA Cup I remember??)

Yeah he did, went on a nice dribble past about 5 players and slotted it home. I'm pretty sure it was in injury time.

For some reason I'm thinking it was 4-3, we were 3-1 down at half time and brought on Montella for his debut and he scored a brace. The first after seconds of coming on. Then Routledge bagged the winner. 

I'm with you, I thought he was useless and I'm gob smacked at how well he does for Swansea. Miracles do happen, maybe there's hope for zverotic yet.....
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on November 15, 2014, 10:31:03 AM

murphy wasnt on loan when he scored that pompey goal. boa was on loan for the whole of one of fulhams best ever seasons

From what I remember Murphy was signed on a season long loan under Sanchez.  I see no reason why we would.make it permanent half way through a season where we weren't guaranteed survival. I'm pretty sure he signed permanently on a free the following season.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on November 15, 2014, 02:18:14 PM

Who was the French lad who was here with Fernandez, only played about a dozen games, scored against Man U ? I think Tigana used to play in France with his dad.

It was sahnoun but the man utd goal was fernandes from a free kick at the cottage. We lost 2-1, fa cup 3rd round. It was first of the prem vs first of the old div 1 at the time and we were very unlucky to lose. Sheringham and someone else with the goals. 

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 16, 2014, 12:04:09 AM
I thought Howard Gayle looked promising (from Liverpool I think).  Speedy as all heck which was great as John Evanson's legs were so small and fat he'd have given Ernie Wise a run for his money.  I can't remember Gayle doing much after going back though.
Nogood "might have been one of our first, if not our first black player too, isit" Boyo

I too remember Howard Gayle and thought him very promising but his career turned out to be quite modest. He seemed to put on a little weight according to his Wikipedia photograph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Gayle

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 16, 2014, 12:52:26 AM

From what I remember Murphy was signed on a season long loan under Sanchez.  I see no reason why we would.make it permanent half way through a season where we weren't guaranteed survival. I'm pretty sure he signed permanently on a free the following season.
i think we took over his contract, but i might be mistaken. gonna google now

fulhamben

ok sky has it as a loan, but the official prem site says it was a perm move as does wiki and transfermarket

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Kakuta seemed like a decent prospect when he was with us from Chelsea. He scored in a 3-0 win away at Sunderland and generally speaking he was a quick player. I think he's lost in the eredivisie now.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Jamie88

Quote from: fulhamben on November 16, 2014, 05:57:11 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 16, 2014, 12:52:26 AM

i think we took over his contract, but i might be mistaken. gonna google now

It was definitely a permanent deal, a few reporters at the time got it wrong and thought it was a loan deal, much like the Berbatov transfer last Jan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6971774.stm

Check out the text at 23:47

PaulJ123

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 16, 2014, 12:49:10 AM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 16, 2014, 12:25:48 AM

Yeah he did, went on a nice dribble past about 5 players and slotted it home. I'm pretty sure it was in injury time.

For some reason I'm thinking it was 4-3, we were 3-1 down at half time and brought on Montella for his debut and he scored a brace. The first after seconds of coming on. Then Routledge bagged the winner. 

I'm with you, I thought he was useless and I'm gob smacked at how well he does for Swansea. Miracles do happen, maybe there's hope for zverotic yet.....

Yeah that's the one! Remember loving Montella after that game with the aeroplane celebration

Craven Mad

Danny Murphy (if he was actually on loan), Vincenzo Montella and Lewis Holtby have been my favourite loanees.

Classy players with a good attitude.

One Martin Thomas

Great list but my favourite was Robbie Herrera.