watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players who came on loan to Fulham

Started by SouthWest6, November 14, 2014, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Over the years, we've had many players come to Fulham on loan, mainly at the beginning of their careers, or at the end, when they were past it.

As a young lad, I remember watching Andy Cole for Fulham when he was 18-19? Away at Maidstone United, Dartfords old ground where he set up all 5 goals.

I also remember players like Danny Bailey, Kyle Lightbourne, Francis Joseph, and many more that I can't name.

How many do you remember being on loan at Fulham over the years?

fulhamben

Man there are hundreds. So ill lower it to biggest coup and best loan of my era.  The biggest coup for me although he turned out to be a flop with a huge chip on his shoulder was Stephen Hughes. Couldn't believe he came to us after winning the league with arsenal, he looked like he was going to go all the way in his heyday for them. Far too good to sit on our bench, or so he would have us believe. And I'll challange anyone to name a better loan signing than Luis boa morte
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SouthWest6

I was also away at Preston when a 16-17 year old David Beckham bent a famous free kick past Jim Stannard.

MJG

Andy Thomas,  four games two goals and we would have got promoted if Clay had spent 40k on him.

spikey norman

Quote from: MJG on November 14, 2014, 08:51:43 PM
Andy Thomas,  four games two goals and we would have got promoted if Clay had spent 40k on him.
Totally agree
Other good loanees were  were LBM,Moritz Volz,Philippe Albert and the great Danny Murphy who initially came to us on loan before signing permanently

TheDaddy

Didn't we have a young Andy Cole who was crap then and again when he was older and crap ?
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

SouthWest6

Quote from: TheDaddy on November 14, 2014, 09:19:15 PM
Didn't we have a young Andy Cole who was crap then and again when he was older and crap ?

As above, I went to Maidstone United away as a kid, and a young Andy Cole set up all 5 goals that night. Wouldn't say he was crap, just young and wet behind the ears, but everyone knew he would go on to be good.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: TheDaddy on November 14, 2014, 09:19:15 PM

Lol

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

Supermitch

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 14, 2014, 08:40:29 PM
Over the years, we've had many players come to Fulham on loan, mainly at the beginning of their careers, or at the end, when they were past it.

As a young lad, I remember watching Andy Cole for Fulham when he was 18-19? Away at Maidstone United, Dartfords old ground where he set up all 5 goals.

I also remember players like Danny Bailey, Kyle Lightbourne, Francis Joseph, and many more that I can't name.

Don't want to be pedantic but it was 6 (won 6-2). 

There have been so many loan players over the years.  Alan Pinkney from Crystal Palace was I think the first that I saw in 1972-73 season.  I'll have a look at my records over the weekend to pull another lot of names out of the woodwork.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Supermitch on November 15, 2014, 12:13:43 AM
Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 14, 2014, 08:40:29 PM

Don't want to be pedantic but it was 6 (won 6-2). 

There have been so many loan players over the years.  Alan Pinkney from Crystal Palace was I think the first that I saw in 1972-73 season.  I'll have a look at my records over the weekend to pull another lot of names out of the woodwork.

You're most likely right, thanks, think I may have got confused by the amount goals he set up rather than the actual score, which was 5?

absent cottager

Wayne Bridge, he looked great playing for us under Coleman I think.

aaronmcguigan

Stephen Hughes a coup? How about Montella!!!!?

Nero

Holders

Whatever happened to Whatsit (Leon??) Mackenzie? The kid who ran around in the box like a whirligig on crack? I've not heard of him since his loan ended.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

spikey norman

Quote from: Holders on November 15, 2014, 08:26:38 AM
Whatever happened to Whatsit (Leon??) Mackenzie? The kid who ran around in the box like a whirligig on crack? I've not heard of him since his loan ended.
I think he is a boxer now

dannyboi-ffc

Boa Morte was our best loan signing but here's some more off the top of my head.

Bobby Petta,  Wome, Shorey,  Bridge, Djetou, Fabrice Fernandes, Okaka,  Montella, Frimpong,  Emmanuelson, Manolev,  Volz,  Eider Gudjohnsson, Routledge,  Stalteri,  Dacourt,  Giles Barnes,  Dirk Lehmann? Riether, Inamoto. That's it off the top of my head. I'll probably think of more soon.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ffc_beason

Danny Murphy was our best loan signing.
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: ffc_beason on November 15, 2014, 09:52:11 AM
Danny Murphy was our best loan signing.

How did I forget danny! I guess you're right because of that pompey goal. But until Hodgson came in he was not that great and not very popular from what I remember.  I don't even think he played much under Sanchez because we had smertin and Davis.  When Hodgson came in he was superb alongside bullard and the rest is history.

Boa would be a close second
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging