watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what do you think?

Started by blingo, November 18, 2014, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

When two players clash and one of them is taken off injured for say 5 minutes, should the other player involved in the clash be sidelined too? If not, one team has the advantage of 11 players on the pitch.

alfie

Quote from: blingo on November 18, 2014, 12:34:34 PM
When two players clash and one of them is taken off injured for say 5 minutes, should the other player involved in the clash be sidelined too? If not, one team has the advantage of 11 players on the pitch.

If there was no hint of a foul and just purely accidental collision then i think in this sort of situation they should do what they do in RU and allow a temporary sub, same as when someone has to leave the field to have stiches from an accidental head clash.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Dixie

Quote from: alfie on November 18, 2014, 12:39:46 PM

If there was no hint of a foul and just purely accidental collision then i think in this sort of situation they should do what they do in RU and allow a temporary sub, same as when someone has to leave the field to have stiches from an accidental head clash.

Exactly what i was going to say.

How does everyone feel about taking it even further and allowing rolling subs like they do in hockey? could make for some interesting tactical ploys!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Jimpav

Quote from: Dixie on November 18, 2014, 01:31:12 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 18, 2014, 12:39:46 PM

Exactly what i was going to say.

How does everyone feel about taking it even further and allowing rolling subs like they do in hockey? could make for some interesting tactical ploys!

This would no doubt result in managers like Holloway fielding 10 strikers in a bid to chase a game or Allardyce loading the box with 6 centre backs every time they are awarded a free kick.

Personally I don't think the system is broken. If a player was that badly injured then the game would be stopped. The current system keeps the match flowing and prevents time wasting.

jarv

If a foul, the offending player should leave the field. The gate cannot be opened too far because players cheat and (under instructions) a player could fake the injury in order to get the offending player off the field. (If he is a key player).

blingo

Good point Mr Jarv, but if the offending "cheat" was found to be ok he could be sent off.

YankeeJim

If it aint broke, don't fix it. Soccer is the best game in the world. Why mess with it?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

J.Perkins

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 19, 2014, 12:47:37 AM
If it aint broke, don't fix it. Soccer is the best game in the world. Why mess with it?