watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Scots could have used McCormack

Started by Nick Bateman, November 19, 2014, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Watching Scotland's lacklustre attempt to win the "Battle of Britain" yesterday I saw they were very weak in attack and Ross McCormack came to mind.

The £11million Haggis-eating, Kyber-tossing, tartan-wearing, Vote "Yes" Scot would have impressed in that side and given England's pampered Premier League boys something to worry about.

Instead Strachan opted for the oafish Chris Martin, who for a big lad, went to ground very easily and did little else.  Alongside was the 'canny' Neesmith virtually working alone.

McCormack has just started to come to form but one figures the Scotland manager is not aware of developments in a club halfway in the Chmapionship, even a glamourous one such as Fulham but I believe it is merely a matter of time he comes to the attention of the "Silver Fox".

Despite the poor showing against their old enemy, I do hope they progress to the European finals which by that time, McCormack may feature in the squad and they may get sweet revenge in a proper competitive match.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SP

For me, Gordon Strachan is one of the few pundits worth listening to, I doubt it'll be long before Ross gets a call.

hovewhite

Enjoy ross playing exclusively for us guys,who cares about scotland!