watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit After A Couple Of Loan Deals...

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 21, 2014, 08:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Kit is looking to bring in a couple on loan before the window closes and send a few
out..Anyone heard who he is after?

Riversider

Ive been hoping for the last two weeks that reinforcements would have been brought in by now ready for tonights game, sadly not,
Symons was talking about loan signings weeks ago.

Horsfield_No9

I think we're looking at Etuhu. Seems he's been training with the squad and looked as though he played a half against West Ham in the behind closed doors game.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 21, 2014, 10:29:08 AM
I think we're looking at Etuhu. Seems he's been training with the squad and looked as though he played a half against West Ham in the behind closed doors game.

He is a free agent, so wouldn't be a loan. Kit has said he is looking in the loan market, but will only bring in someone who is worth it. No point in bringing in someone who's not going to put anything on the table, just for the sake of it.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

alexbishop

Reading in to what Kit was saying, it doesn't look like the club have found anyone a) suitable or b) wants to join at the moment
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

FPT

Dickson Etuhu was at the club whilst Felix Magath was here, so I don't think that's Kit specific. If we were to sign Dickson Etuhu, it would have to be a pay-as-you-play, his time at Blackburn was destroyed by injuries; and I don't think he's at a point where he could start for us week in, week out, however, he'd be a very useful member on the squad; whether he's coming on for 20 minutes to help hold out a result, or starting for 60-70 in away game for that bit of size and stature to help the midfield out.

As for loans, Chris Baird would be one I'd look at; he could sit in front of the defence; he's one of the best readers of the game I've seen at the club. This would also free up Parker to go on those attacking bursts should we stick to the 4312.

If we were to change to a 442 with David and Ruiz's futures in the balance, maybe Scott Sinclair? But I doubt he matches what Kit is after from a player, "We are looking and if it's the right player, and equally important the right character, then we will get them in."

I bloody hate loans for young players! Especially in our situation, we have our own quality young players, why go and develop Chelsea's, Arsenal's or United's for them? Say we brought in a Nathaniel Chalobah (I know he's at Burnley but it's an example), he would be taking the time of an Emerson Hyndman, or a George Williams say he were to sit in front of the defence. Now, I doubt it's possible considering what Chelsea would ask for an 18 year old, and the wages an 18 year old is on, however, if we were to buy Nathaniel Chalobah, then fine, because we also benefit long term, which doesn't happen in a loan. His development here will likely involve a future profit.

Just an example, but at this point, we need players that can play and perform to their optimum now. Looking at players that haven't played a lot this season, it's pretty much on Matt Jarvis that we could realistically get.

snarks

Not a loan but as someone mentioned on another Thread Jamie O'hara could have been useful, still it's a RB Fulham need more than anything, but I haven't a clue who is available

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: snarks on November 21, 2014, 03:56:21 PM
Not a loan but as someone mentioned on another Thread Jamie O'hara could have been useful, still it's a RB Fulham need more than anything, but I haven't a clue who is available

Wife cheater and beater isnt he...No thanks.

FPT

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 21, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

Cheat? Yes. Beater? No. Didn't see people saying "Get rid of Lewis Holtby" after this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588794/Holtby-caught-cheating-model-girlfriend-sending-explicit-photos-air-hostess.html

I wouldn't take him on account of his lack of game time and behaviour, not his relationship issues. Blackpool aren't in a position to be picky, we can do better than a player in a rather long slump.

Mince n Tatties

Rumour Mill, apparently Scott Sinclair at Motspur Park the other day.
Dont mean nothing could be visiting someone he pals with.
Is he still at Man City?...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FPT on November 21, 2014, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 21, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

Cheat? Yes. Beater? No. Didn't see people saying "Get rid of Lewis Holtby" after this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588794/Holtby-caught-cheating-model-girlfriend-sending-explicit-photos-air-hostess.html

I wouldn't take him on account of his lack of game time and behaviour, not his relationship issues. Blackpool aren't in a position to be picky, we can do better than a player in a rather long slump.

I did.....