News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VIEW FROM BRENTFORD-Where there is a will there is a way............

Started by terryr, November 21, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Got back on their main board and also included some stuff from their Vital Forum.

"Half time... Bees 4 Fulham 0."

" 20 mins left of the second half, still 2-2 really open match this"

"Hate corner have just taken the Wendy House. "

" floodlights have failed "

" Just seen tarquins mob tooled look out... "

" Fulham mobbed up already in Putney "

" day off work.........butterflies already........sturdy breakfast radio and paper.......few texts and posts to get others in the mood,including tarquin........heading out 3ish........kew bridge bound.......let battle commence......cant wait."

" Working this morning and hope to be .....out out ......sometime this afternoon. Have to make a call first to find out where the 'meet' is.
Cannot wait, although Fulham aren't all that to me"

" Its just another game to me - don't see what all the fuss is about"

"Agree with this... Anyone would think we were playing our real rivals qpha."
The Globe was on lock down for the cup game. Never seen so many meat waggons in my life!
I reckon half the Met will be on duty tonight! Hopefully this time they do a better job after the game when letting Fulscum fans out. "

"All kicking off in Isleworth....till I realised it was just some cheeky sod parking across number 72's driveway"

"   Three points at stake, just the same as all the others. We need to focus on playing our football and forget about who the opposition is. "

" Is it only 11.30am?????? "

" Cannot concentrate on work today. "

" .....'we're just too good for you'........'bees up fulham down' "
You were not rubbish that night though.
We put out half a team and so did you or under Maggy who knows what team he put out.
Some of your young lads are decent players and Dan Burn is going to be a top defender in the future.
I would not say no to him at BFC.
Tonight is different as we will have our strongest sides out and points at stake. We're in good form and you are finding yours and it should be a cracking night.
Enjoy,but not too much eh. The points are staying at home."

"  Can't wait ...
I'm getting my Hair Cut for this."

" Day off today for big game and already up and excited like little kid at Christmas come on you redsssss "

" Brentford host little known side Fulham on Friday, on TV
Brentford will have a distinct disadvantage, as the Bees players return from competitive International duty, whilst the Fulham players will have been watching them on TV in relaxed circumstances, knowing they will never be called up.
Who will open the scoring for Brentford ?
How many will Fulham conceed ?
Will we sell out ?
Will they serve football fans, on the opening night of the new drinking venue "One over the Ait" in Brentford (Kew) - or will only Cottagers be allowed in ?
You Decide !"

" Isn't cottaging illegal? "

"Brentford 0-3 Fulham (Rodallega 63, 82, McCormack 90) "

" Expect the worst and you can't be disappointed.
Well - you can, but anyway... "

" Bees 4-1 Them
Bees go 1 down at the beginning of the second half, Warburton throws on all the strike force at 65 minutes, their centre half is red-carded and Nick Proschwitz scores a hat trick, topped off by a Toumani 35-yard strike in the 96th minute... cue pitch invasion. "

" In all seriousness I think 0-0 is a strong possibility"

" Blow them away 3-0 (and that score flatters them) 12,570 "

" Who would everyone most like to score a 97th minute winner?
And Kev doesn't count (although it would be orgasmic) "

"  Bees 4 ****ers 0"

"Because we have waited years to play them again no doubt 0-2 Fulham "

" Could just get a draw but have a terrible feeling we will lose. So my prediction is 1-3. Sorry all. "

" And so you should be! No time for negativity. Why should we expect them to beat us? "

"Bees 1 - fulscum 1.
12,050 "

" last minute grey winner (1-0).....cue scenes in gp not seen for many a year....flares, pitch invasion, mounted police, dogs, sirens, breaking glass and singing long into the night........12112, they have 1650 plus 23 dotted around the new rd/braemar.....yes 23  
great night"

"  Home win.
2-1. Judge & Gray.
Full house.
Michael Jackson statue reinstated. "

"  Bees 4 (Gray 23,34,76 Toums 89) Fulham 3 (Tarquin 36,Justin 65,Rupert 84)
Att 12,105"

"  Derby matches have a higher proportion of 0-0s than ordinary games. Fear of losing is often the overriding feeling going into games like this. Certainly is for me, I'm afraid. "

" 2 1 bees gray scores first fulscum drew level just after half time . judge with a late 25 yard blockbuster to win it . mental sceens at gp ."

" If we score, We will not lose. I cannot remember the last time we have scored at home and lost the match (In a league match). Must be quite some time ago. I'm going for 2-1 Bees. "

"Under the lights
Against F*lh*m
Surrounded by a sell out GP
A game involving any one of those gets me a bit excited but all 4 together...ooohhh"

" Our problem could be that with their forwards with their smart movement, which will require high concentration levels from our defence. Can't see them punting high balls forward. So it will be an interesting game and hopefully successful. "

"0 - 3 we go crashing down back to reality. Hope not but in front of sky cameras and old enemy, I dread this game. I am so hopefull I am utterly wrong and we spank the lilly boys. "

"  A full blooded local derby that results in a 2-1 win and a red card to a Fulham player to add some more controversy to the game.
The battle will be in midfield, with Judge and Gray raising their reputations amongst the BFC faithful for scoring TWO Wordly goals, that Themepark has to then upload as separate clips such is there awesomeness! "

"  Was a bit critical of MW after the cup game earlier this year but this game is far more important. Fans will be fully up for it and can see the players also. Just hope the players don't lose their heads and play their natural game.
Being looking forward to this game for years, as I really do hate them with a passion. Hope we use bloody well stuff them although think and hope I am wrong it be a high scoring draw. 2-2 I say.
Can predict the atmosphere will truly be rocking. Less than 48 hours to go. Drinking will start soon after mid day Friday"

" I predict a riot"

" IF we do lose we need to keep singing and show these muppets what we're all about and not lose our overall very positive momentum. We'll just beat them in the P/O final anyways!!! COYRs!!! "

" Our record this season proves we have a better squad than Fulham

" We should have no reason to expect anything else than a victory, "

"if we keep Lasse Vigen Christensen quiet then we have a good chance. He's been setting everything up for Foolham over the past 5 games and is their danger man. Keep him quiet and McCormack and Rodallega won't see any ball and Bees will romp home comfortably.
if not, we're in trouble. "

" A quick Google search shows that they got him from Brentford's new favourite Danish team.. "

" Can't believe the level of negativity on this thread. We are playing Fulham not Real Madrid. We are going to beat them tomorrow. "

" Yep.
I'll be disappointed if we don't come away with 3 points. "

" Changed my mind 1-0 bees. Toumani 89. Obligatory pitch invasion follows... "

" They won the phoney war, but this is our D-Day. Bees to win.
Another prediction is if Hinchclifee is commentating he will cheer every Fulham pass and go on about their Premier class, and when Brentford have the ball he will sneer and talk about tinpot team who should be in the Conference, similarly like he did on FL72. "

" A red card and a penalty to be the deciding factor tonight "

" Four shaves 'til Fulham"

"Should be no shaves, its movember "

" Referee announced as David Coote from Nottinghamshire. Looks like he's only done one of our games before, 2-2 draw with Bury in February 2013. "

" Nice.......
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ntford-8134750 "

"I can see Jon Toral being tasked with doing a job on Parker... "

"  ..............would rather Alan Mac do a job on him................ "

"  a lot of Foolham meeting in the plough as they think they wont get in the locals around the ground, "

" I have just spoken to a Foolham who is going to the plough and he reckons there about 20 of them that he knows and understands many more, meeting at 4 , also reckons about 200 without tickets planning on spending there Friday night on the 4 corners doing a crawl. "

" They can all **** right off the *****. "

" planning on being at the globe at 4 and then the PR for 6, but more than happy to change to the plough for some pre match entertainment with our friends "

"⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Same as him. "

" Outside the Griffin now.............. Why wont they open? "

" Bunk off work at 15:00.
Bus to Kew to try the new Fullers pub, then the Express (first time I'll have been in since it's revamp) then the New Inn.
That should give the throat a good lubrication before hurling abuse at the Putney posers for two+ hours! "

"  Rivalries between Brentford and other clubs have run deep throughout the years and for many reasons, but those rivalries have tended to depend on what time you came through the ranks as a Brentford supporter.
Going back to the days of the takeover bid by our most local rivals from Shepherds Bush, anyone who supported us in the 1960's would have a deep resentment for a club that wanted to take over their "smaller" and "less well off" neighbours with a bigger ground and better facilities. Fans paid extra to go through the "golden gate" entrance behind the Ealing Road terrace, went on sponsored walks and other organised events to raise money. Players even took part, Tommy Higginson famously running the distance from Brighton to Griffin Park, even reportedly getting lost en route. Bucket collections were made as Bees fans fought to save their club. Resentment from supporters of that era still runs deep. Until then, QPR were looked on as a place to go when the bees were away, as were Fulham and Chelsea. Some even used to manage to get in three matches on Boxing Day by swapping between three of the West London grounds all kicking off at separate times.
Into the seventies and a dislike suddenly grew for a club just to the north of London. They were on a good run at at the time and possibly our nearest club in our division. The ones of my era. Watford. Unlike the rivalry with the Ra Ra's there was no real explicable reason,apart from the fact they were the closest club to us. We'd never taken much notice of them before and Luton were the subject of their hatred. But match days with Watford saw much tension on and off the pitch and led to some very lively matches in and out of the grounds in both towns.
Then came Fulham. Somehow to me, this rivalry felt manufactured to a point. QPR were a distant memory we never got to play, many now didn't know why we hated them, Watford were long gone and nobody was taking much notice of them anyway, so we needed a local rivalry. We had a rivalry with Exeter, which was more to do with them ambushing a small group of Brentford fans and getting a good hiding for their troubles and then coming to Griffin Park in force for the first home match that season to seek revenge and once again coming off worse. I think Brentford went back there but Exeter had lost interest by then. So Fulham dropping to our division at that point was great timing. I've never had a problem with them. I remember going there one Boxing Day (maybe New Years Day) and so many Bees had turned up, we were made to enter via the Hammersmith Road end and left to our own devices to walk round to the stand that backs onto the Thames. Some of this stand had no seating and we were made to sit on concrete seats. But Fulham were that disinterested, those of us that made noise at the back of the Hammersmith Road were largely, ignored.
There was some resentment on our next visit. We were at the start of our W£bb Out turmoil, and they had a new rich owner that was spending money. I can't remember the score that night, but for all their money we weren't beaten or outplayed, we may even have won. But deep down we all knew we'd not play them again. They were a club being invested in and on the up. We were looking the other way at the time.
Of course I remember the four nil victory and the season they came to us having not won away all season and we were chasing promotion and they of course, got the win! I don't remember getting over excited about either match or much tension between fans on either occasion. I do remember the Freight Rover match were a small mob came into the New Road, and after a surprise hit and run on the younger element on the half way line, they met up with just two of the older lads nearer what became Hate Corner and after a couple were dealt with they disappeared. But I still don't know anyone who took the rivalry with them too seriously.
There seems to be more of a tension to this one however. We are on the up. They were on the down but are improving at a good rate and both clubs are up for this. From reading the internet, so are some of the fans. I hope it all goes off peacefully, with a great atmosphere of burning hatred but a controlled hatred if you know what I mean.
Then we can both concentrate on the real enemy next season. QPHA!!! "

"Very tough game, they were good in the recent cup game and that was under Felix - different teams I know but I still fancy they'll be up there come May.

I'm old school and see the "Devils in hoops" and Watford as true rivals, this is a great west London occasion but I've no deep angst towards FFC.

Time was when my old fella would take us to Chelsea or fulham when the bees were away, and as an away day a trip to their place is right up there.

Hoping for a win, thinking maybe a tight 1-1. "

"I haven't got much against Fulham either, Rebel. Watford was my day's rivals.
This is probably going to be the toughest test for a while, and I include Derby in that. They've come good under their new manager, and on the form they have under him, would be well up there.
Obviously hoping for another win, but the old cynic in me says, on tele, local rivals, big crowd.....maybe a draw."

" I dislike Fulham and I hope we stuff them. It will be a tough game though"

" I really hope we stuff them, but can't say I dislike them at all. Stick em in hoops and then maybe.
They call us the "bitters" who see Friday as our cup final, we are better than that these days."

" I've got far too many mouthy relatives who support Fulham for me like them or hate them so to actually beat them and go 12 points clear of them would be absolutely joyous, especially with all the crap I've had to endure during their recent 'glory' years."

" Anyone seen this, the dopes think they are just gonna pile into the New Rd, starting to annoy me a bit - if they want to see an away turnout just wait till we go there

That's it
COYW's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthWest6

Slightly over-confident bunch aren't they. Granted they are on a good run, however, they remind me a bit like us when we get over-confident, and are then brought back down to earth with a bump. Looking at those comments, I really hope it's a Brentfordish night for them all round..

PaulJ123

What an awful lot. Really up themselves as they've gotten off to a good start, hope we show them why we're the bigger club.

SouthWest6

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 21, 2014, 01:07:08 PM
What an awful lot. Really up themselves as they've gotten off to a good start, hope we show them why we're the bigger club.

We have the much better team, and on our day, we're the much better side, regardless of their good start. If we go there and DEFEND correctly we'll have to much for them up top, but put in another Blackpool type performance and we'll get beat. 

Northern Cottager

Be like a ghost town on their forums if we give them a beating. I'd settle for 0-0 until the 90th and we slot in a winner off Bodurov's arse.

They hate us but want to try and seem like they don't care about us. Good start for them but think it's time to end it.

hovewhite

Everything never stays the same,as beating brentford will comfirm.

ChesterTheTabby

I really despise their fanbase. Even my father hated them when  he lived in London. Hope we win  but it will be a huge test tonight.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SP

Quote from: maoconnor on November 21, 2014, 05:12:58 PM
I really despise their fanbase. Even my father hated them when  he lived in London. Hope we win  but it will be a huge test tonight.

I fancy a tight 2-1 victory with goals from Ross & Big Dan.  Like many others, I haven't missed a league trip there in years, watching it on Sky is no substitute.

Jonaldiniho 88

Think it'll be tough. Wouldn't be too upset with a point but only if it's low scoring. Need to sort the defense out. Would love to shut them up with a couple goals and a clean sheet but my gut tells me that won't happen. Coyw

terryr

I am GUTTED I am going to miss this but had arranged a trip to a concert with the wife months ago. Having said that I tried to get a ticket but they sold out so I was on the sly still trying to go. So tonight I will be glued to the app whilst my wife and her friends dance to Brazilian reggae......what a nightmare to miss this!