watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham well beaten

Started by The Swan, November 21, 2014, 09:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We  were second best throughout the game. Apart from our keeper we did not have one player on the pitch who put in a good shift.
We have now got no chance of getting into the playoff. Come on Kit sort it out.
The Swan

JDH101

McCormack played well.

He should have played Ruiz.

Barrie

We're Ross McCormack FC at the moment.  The rest were so poor (Bettinelli aside)

GrahamG

We've been terrible defensively under all recent managers. I can't see Kit sorting this out. Forget the playoffs, we are in a relegation fight.

MrProphet

zverotic can't stop a cross and ruiz is a waste of space. This is about as constructive as I can be at the moment.

Above all though kit lost us this game tonight

Twig

Quote from: JDH101 on November 21, 2014, 09:43:32 PM
McCormack played well.

He should have played Ruiz.

He did play Ruiz we just never noticed!

Twig

Quote from: GrahamG on November 21, 2014, 09:47:04 PM
We've been terrible defensively under all recent managers. I can't see Kit sorting this out. Forget the playoffs, we are in a relegation fight.

Bit harsh on Kit but I agree about our defence - awful.  Those saying we needed more subs who would you have changed??

Fulham76

Not only that but we're awful to watch! This long ball team we've become is terrible, such an old fashioned tactic which won't work consistently in the top 2 divisions.
Probably the main reason we were well beaten tonight - we put far too much pressure on ourselves by simply hitting it long & giving the ball away - 9 times out of 10 ends up with an opposition player.

YankeeJim

:dead horse:

Does it ever end?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Ordar

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 21, 2014, 09:52:38 PM
Not only that but we're awful to watch! This long ball team we've become is terrible, such an old fashioned tactic which won't work consistently in the top 2 divisions.
Probably the main reason we were well beaten tonight - we put far too much pressure on ourselves by simply hitting it long & giving the ball away - 9 times out of 10 ends up with an opposition player.

I agree, I dont understand why we are just hoofing it constantly to Hugo. If you're going to play that way (and I dont want to) at least play Smith who might actually win a header...

Barrie

We play a long ball despite the fact that it doesn't suit our most forward player, Hugo, at all.  

MisfitKid

+132
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Twig

Yes I agree this is an issue.  Not knocking Kit as he may take the view it is the best way to get something out of the squad he inherited but i did not enjoy what i saw this evening.

jmh

I feel like placing the blame on the defense is a bit misplaced as it was last year.  We aren't controlling the play, we're booting the ball up for Rodallega or Williams or McCormack to chase far too often.  This makes the opposing defenders' jobs far too easy, and surrendering possession so often gives our defenders far too much to do.

SP

Brentford on a high & one of the few teams to beat Derby.  Decision time for Khan as its clear we're mid-table at best.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on November 21, 2014, 09:50:39 PM

Bit harsh on Kit but I agree about our defence - awful.  Those saying we needed more subs who would you have changed??
would have bought on woodrow for rouiz to hold the ball up,and pushed ross back. And hyndman for parker who did nothing all game but run into the box without picking up a player before air kicking which lead to th equalizer. And roberts for george who was knackered from working hard. If we had a decent cb i would have took burn off at ht, he can not defend against pace. The last thing i would of done is bring eisfeld on and then sit back and watch us lose
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Luffy86

In an totally bored of this long ball crap!! That's the only thing that's been consistent since kit took charge... Absolutely awful to watch tonight!!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 21, 2014, 09:59:31 PM

would have bought on woodrow for rouiz to hold the ball up,and pushed ross back. And hyndman for parker who did nothing all game but run into the box without picking up a player before air kicking which lead to th equalizer. And roberts for george who was knackered from working hard. If we had a decent cb i would have took burn off at ht, he can not defend against pace. The last thing i would of done is bring eisfeld on and then sit back and watch us lose

Grab the 4 million West Ham offered for Burn.
I can turn faster than him...

Luffy86

Pi$$ poor!!! Not bloody happy!! Very disappointing, good night!

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 21, 2014, 10:02:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 21, 2014, 09:59:31 PM
said it the other day, it wouldnt bother me if we sold our entire defence

Grab the 4 million West Ham offered for Burn.
I can turn faster than him...
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.