watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So much negativity

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, November 22, 2014, 01:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

Kit has a 5-3-3 record which is 18 points from a possible 33.... Now if this was based over a season it would equate to 72 points ( enough for a playoff spot).Now these stats are irrelevant because our first 7 games of the season have been written off, and a playoff spot is a distant dream but it does give good evidence as to why a lot of people ( including me,) have faith in our Manager....

I would also argue your points , saying he is not tactically ready, and you don't think he will outsmart his rival manager. He has won the under21 league, by installing good attacking football into his players. Yes he had the best players at his disposal , but he still won the games that mattered . Ok we might not be seeing this yet in the first team, but he is doing a prretty dann good job with such a poor squad. Also regarding your point of outsmarting managers he has only been out thought by 3 managers, and has outsmarted 5.... Our results confirm this.

I understand people's comments about the subs and certain players starting etc, but in reality who am I to question Kit, who has done so well thus far.... In fact I did question him in the matchday thread, in one game this season, and the player I questioned went and scored . (Egg on my face)

I am looking forward to January and seeing what he can do with this squad. If we perform poorly in the second half of the season, and don't push on then I will stand corrected with my stance on Kit, But until then I think he needs a chance to proove himself. There might be reasons for you and others to doubt him, but let's at least give him a chance to see what he can do before we start saying he can't or is not up to the task .

Results speak volumes, and under Kit we are one of the form teams in the league. What more can he do?

Mince n Tatties

I think Kit showed his inexperience against Brentford as far as selection and subs went.
But no doubt he will learn from that, sometimes to face certain teams, conditions
and tactics you have to change things and that means sometimes changeing a
winning formula, what was good last week isnt always good the week after.
The greats of the past Fergie, Clough and Stein were never afraid to change a side
that had won the game before.
Kit will learn this and he will no doubt have players in mind that he
wants to bring in, and if the rumours are true Curbishley will help along
those lines..

One Martin Thomas

DEAN... I agree but I don't on one aspect....

the worst squad we've seen perhaps for a Premiership club, but we have come down a division..... that squad should be competitive enough not to get overrun by a team coming from the other direction !!!

Deanothefulhamfan

My counter argument to that OMT is this team is unrecognizable from our days in the premiership. Only 4 players playing who were part of our premiership days. As appose to Norwich who probably have double that...

Brentford are a team who have been playing together for some time, and are one of the better sides in the division. They have swept aside some good teams this season.... It also goes to show that the difference between a top side in league one to a top team in the championship is minimal.

TonyGilroy

We lost a game.

Round up the usual suspects.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 23, 2014, 12:26:30 PM

We lost a game.

Round up the usual suspects.

Tony I think a lot of the moaning has to do with the manner in which we lost.
A local Derby and they were up for it more than us, first to the
ball, out muscled us..We might have gave them too much respect..