watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Return of Curbs ??????

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, November 23, 2014, 01:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2844973/Alan-Curbishley-set-return-Fulham-s-Director-Football-nine-months-club-sacked-role.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Alan Curbishley set to return as Fulham's director of football... nine months after the club sacked him from same role! 
Alan Curbishley was dismissed as technical director when Felix Magath took over as manager last February
Curbishley will now be restored to his old role, having lasted little more than two months previously
Fulham now sit in 17th with 19 points from 18 games in the Championship
By MARTIN SAMUEL FOR THE DAILY MAIL

Fulham are to bring Alan Curbishley back as director of football – nine months after sacking him from the same role.

Curbishley was dismissed as technical director when Felix Magath took over as manager last February – but is back in favour now he has gone.

Kit Symons, Magath's replacement, wanted Curbishley to return, but the decision was taken out of his hands by Fulham's appointments committee.

Alan Curbishley is all smiles during his last spell with Fulham back in December, 2013
+3
Alan Curbishley is all smiles during his last spell with Fulham back in December, 2013

Former Fulham manager Felix Magath walks off the pitch his side's 1-0 home loss to Wolves in October
+3
Former Fulham manager Felix Magath walks off the pitch his side's 1-0 home loss to Wolves in October

They interviewed several candidates but have now decided that the best man for the job was the man they had at the club in the first place – and Curbishley will now be restored to his old role, having lasted little more than two months previously.

Despite owner Shahid Khan gathering a five-man appointment committee of academy boss Huw Jennings, Nike director David Daly, Niall Quinn and former Fulham players Danny Murphy and Brian McBride, Symons was promoted to boss in late October having overseen five wins from his first nine games.

Fulham now sit in 17th with 19 points from 18 games in the Championship.

These are the comments
Dene, London, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Who is on their appointments committee?
ReplyNew Comment01Click to rate
SteMo, London, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
YarMa from Liverpool, you should look at your home town club if you want some amusement, study the league table and then consider the money spent on players in the last transfer window, it always makes me laugh.
ReplyNew Comment04Click to rate
Killbill, Singapore, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
Again? Can we hear something new lol
ReplyNew Comment00Click to rate
Rocket23, Hartlepool, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
Director of football - proper was of time ! Never works out.
ReplyNew Comment76Click to rate
YaMar, Liverpool, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Hahaha Fulham are a joke aren't they. He's a dinosaur who is clueless on how the modern day game is run
ReplyNew Comment2216Click to rate
HotAZZinTightJeans, Levenshulme - Manchester, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
He's not as clueless as Brenda Badgers who replaced Suarez with Lambert LMAO
15Click to rate
SuperM, Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
And Liverpool are on fire under Brenda aren't they? :-)

Fernhurst

Well well, interesting...

Always thought of Curbs as a fairly good fit for our club. 
Nice guy, well respected, but will him and Kit together have enough(if any) hard nosed edge about them to assemble a squad hungry and fit enough to win promotion.
More hard (and intelligent) decisions need to be made before we get to that stage.

Curbs is not a dinosaur is he ????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

I think this would be good for the club.

I don't think Curbs is a dinosaur - he watches football regularly as  a pundit, and I think his experience as manager of smaller clubs, keeping Charlton mid table in the Prem for many years is invaluable.

One Martin Thomas

Curbs can manage the team whilst Kit is on holiday with Coleman and Wales  086.gif

SadOldGit

0001.jpeg
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 23, 2014, 09:44:52 AM
Curbs can manage the team whilst Kit is on holiday with Coleman and Wales  086.gif

Tonywa

Perhaps we can get Rene back as manager ;-)

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 23, 2014, 09:44:52 AM

Haha good one. And actually I'd imagine that won't be far off what happens anyway.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tonywa on November 23, 2014, 09:52:27 AM
Perhaps we can get Rene back as manager ;-)

And Jol as No 2.....Felix as  Kit Man...Paul Bracewell as Tea Person (lady)
Jean Tigana (physio)..Al Fayed ..Programme Seller..Kevin Keegan..Groundsman.
Laurie Sanchez..Head Steward..

blingo

make that last one Bar Steward. Mr Mince.

Mince n Tatties

Snibbo

Shredhead

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 23, 2014, 10:54:23 AM
While where at it, bring back Sir Craven of Cottage.
No! Billy is the Badger's B******s
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Woodlawn

Wilkins coming back  No he only ever went sideways

Berserker

I don't see Curbs coming back as a bad move
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If it is true that Curbs had convinced Shane Long  and set up the  transfer  deal,  only to be scuppered by the Konstantinos Mitroglou deal then he will do OK.   He said all of the right things when he was dumped by Felix ..........................besides,  if Kit is happy/wants to work with him then surely we should support his appointment, shouldn't we  ???

Nero

hes probably still on the pay roll of the club and we're doing it on the cheap again ;)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KCat on November 23, 2014, 12:06:41 PM
If it is true that Curbs had convinced Shane Long  and set up the  transfer  deal,  only to be scuppered by the Konstantinos Mitroglou deal then he will do OK.   He said all of the right things when he was dumped by Felix ..........................besides,  if Kit is happy/wants to work with him then surely we should support his appointment, shouldn't we  ???

Agree...We might have stayed up if we got S Long..

SouthWest6

Should never have got rid of Curbs in the first place, Rene' and Wilkins yes, but not Curbs. The guy had Shane Long and that other fella lined up in place of the Greek, but was completely overridden, by who, we still don't know. Personally, I don't see why he'd want to come back after being treated so badly.   

SouthWest6

If it is true that Curbs had convinced Shane Long  and set up the  transfer  deal,  only to be scuppered by the Konstantinos Mitroglou deal then he will do OK.   He said all of the right things when he was dumped by Felix ..........................besides,  if Kit is happy/wants to work with him then surely we should support his appointment, shouldn't we  ???

By all accounts, he actually went round to Shane Longs house to convince both him and his heavily pregnant partner at the time, to move down South. He was successful, and a fee of around 6 million quid was agreed.. Then in stepped the Greek.

something_amusing

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 23, 2014, 01:52:22 PM
If it is true that Curbs had convinced Shane Long  and set up the  transfer  deal,  only to be scuppered by the Konstantinos Mitroglou deal then he will do OK.   He said all of the right things when he was dumped by Felix ..........................besides,  if Kit is happy/wants to work with him then surely we should support his appointment, shouldn't we  ???

By all accounts, he actually went round to Shane Longs house to convince both him and his heavily pregnant partner at the time, to move down South. He was successful, and a fee of around 6 million quid was agreed.. Then in stepped the Greek.
This is the first i have heard of the shane long rumour...is it tru?