watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

experience

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 23, 2014, 07:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. I'm still bitter about the loss, but where there is misfortune, the lads gained painful experience with losing in the manner they did. They will be crushed by this loss, and I'm sure they still are gutted at the training ground. With our younger spirits within the ranks still learning their trade, they will prosper from defeat (at least we hope), and will go into the Brighton match with fire and vigor. Onwards and upwards.

Your obsessively positive and annoyingly omptimistic pal,

Mike :)
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

snarks

Actually I don't think I can pick a single player and say you're fault that Fulham lost.

Yes Zvorra should have stopped the cross, but so should Parker, Burn shouldn't have tried to do anything with the second, but as a centre back it's his job to get in the way.

I think more than anything it showed the weakness in the squad, and how Fulham were overrun in midfield. Still the good thing with youth is they don't stay down for long, and the youth in this team have a lot of experience of winning.

Slaphead in Qatar

we have come from behind many times this season. this result we will just have to take on the chin, and yes the boys will just have to put it in the experience bank.

Fernhurst

This game was particularly manic.
The sheer effort required to win a Championship match is substantial and at times I felt the Brentford team were on something, so hungry were the tackles and launches into our half.

Felt our George was a target but hugely impressed how he is developing and beginning not only to cope but to become our threat down one side of the pitch.
We all need to consider how difficult it is to introduce youth players into the kind of environment we witnessed last Friday. 

Come on Kit, impress us with your two signings in January.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

TonyGilroy

Another way of looking at it is to wonder how other Championship clubs would have coped with that Brentford performance. I couldn't believe the energy they put in and yet we just about coped.

Of course we were second best and the keeper did well but they weren't wonder saves and we were minutes away from getting a result.

Where we are crucially lacking is is in experienced bench options. We needed to bring on an Etuhu, Baird or even a Michael "bloody" Brown but all we had were kids.

I think we're headed in the right direction but meanwhile, win, lose or draw, I'm enjoying this League. every game is open, exciting and seemingly both teams are in with a chance.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 24, 2014, 01:17:32 PM

Another way of looking at it is to wonder how other Championship clubs would have coped with that Brentford performance. I couldn't believe the energy they put in and yet we just about coped.

Of course we were second best and the keeper did well but they weren't wonder saves and we were minutes away from getting a result.

Where we are crucially lacking is is in experienced bench options. We needed to bring on an Etuhu, Baird or even a Michael "bloody" Brown but all we had were kids.

I think we're headed in the right direction but meanwhile, win, lose or draw, I'm enjoying this League. every game is open, exciting and seemingly both teams are in with a chance.

Spot on

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 24, 2014, 01:17:32 PM

0001.jpeg