https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kyle Naughton

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 24, 2014, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Just read on some internet rumour page that we have made
Kyle Naughton our main January target.
And we are trying to get Matt Jarvis on loan now from West Ham.
Like I said rumour page, so can take with a pinch of salt I suppose.

ToodlesMcToot

at the very least, they're good sounding rumors
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 24, 2014, 09:01:09 PM

Our problem RB spot solved with Naughton...

ChesterTheTabby

I'd have them both, with Kaca returning and Tunnicliffe as well.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SouthWest6

Bit early for me, but I'd like to think we've got our sights firmly set on a few targets.

Deanothefulhamfan

Both would be excellent additions. Refreshing to see we are not being linked with the same old names....

I too would like kaca and Tunnicliffe back....

J.Perkins

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 24, 2014, 09:05:44 PM

No Spurs level, but defo ours. Plus, he can play LB too

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 24, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

Love that badge you have as your avatar, is this your own creation or is that an old one?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

St Eve

Harsh reality I guess. Neither can get in the team or even on the bench for their respective clubs, but they would walk into out team. Couple that with being outplayed by Brentford and losing it just shows how far we have fallen. Very depressing

Roberty

Is this the same Kyle Naughton who got sent off a foul when he was not fast enough?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Deanothefulhamfan

Whilst he is not the quickest right back, he is certainly not the slowest... a very solid player who would walk into our team and improve our defence

snarks

Yes it was, that Kyle Naughton, he was chasing Victor Moses though, who is quick.

He's been playing regularly for spurs up until his sending off, although apparently Walker is a few weeks away from returning to fitness for them, as he is a cover for LB and RB I'd be surprised if they loaned him out, and if Grimmer has just been recalled, why go for Naughton?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: snarks on November 25, 2014, 09:13:24 AM
Yes it was, that Kyle Naughton, he was chasing Victor Moses though, who is quick.

He's been playing regularly for spurs up until his sending off, although apparently Walker is a few weeks away from returning to fitness for them, as he is a cover for LB and RB I'd be surprised if they loaned him out, and if Grimmer has just been recalled, why go for Naughton?

January target not loan....

snarks

Ahh apologies, I misread your opening post, as being main Jan loan target.

Indeed he would be a good purchase, but I can also see a lower ranked prem team going for him, as he would be an upgrade at Leicester, QPHa, WBA, Newcastle and some others. Isn't he from Nottingham or Sheffield anyway?

ToodlesMcToot

If Naughton can be bought in January, I think this would go a loooong way toward proving intent to return to the PL and would likely help plenty in signing other quality players come the summer. We need to be able to cherry pick better players off of perennial Championship clubs and at least loan in underused players from PL clubs for next season's push.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

J.Perkins

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on November 25, 2014, 12:57:42 AM

Love that badge you have as your avatar, is this your own creation or is that an old one?

Cheers, don't think its a former badge, just saw it on google. I quite like it, its similar to the old badges.

Bracken White

Just needs the little Cottage in the middle of the swords but super emblem. Careful though - mine has been cloned here!
High time the Club changed our characterless one now we're in the Khan era.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

J.Perkins

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 25, 2014, 03:19:09 PM
I would take them both plus Tunnycliffe and Kaca.

Most of our signings needed can easily be done by recalling loans. Already done it with Grimmer, just need to recall, as you said, Kaca and Tunnicliffe, and then all we need to sign are defenders, and maybe another CM.

FPT

I'm not as excited as others seemingly by Kyle Naughton, he'll do ok, but I don't think we're buying out of quality zone. He's a decent player, but belongs in that sort of lower Premier League-Upper Championship.

Same goes for Matt Jarvis, giving him that consistent game time at a lower level could rejuvenate him also. Both good little English players, nothing special but have talent none-the-less.

Would be wise signings, but how reputable is the source? I don't know. I have mentioned Jarvis on here a number of times.

Forever Fulham

From what I recall of Naughton, he was always sound in his position, always organized, played physical when necessary, and was technical enough to deserve to be in the EPL.  Having an experienced player like that in the back would do well for those around him.   A good back door for him to re-emerge in to the EPL as a starter.  I think it's a smart target.