Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (26/11/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 25, 2014, 06:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Dan Burn dismisses West Ham United link

Defender insists he's happy at Fulham and has no plans to move on

Hitting new heights: Dan Burn's displays have caught the eye
Fulham defender Dan Burn has dismissed reports linking him with West Ham as 'just speculation'.

The 22-year-old has caught the eye with a series of commanding performances at the back for Kit Symons' side.

Burn spent the first half of last season on loan at Birmingham City but has cemented a spot in the heart of Fulham's defence.

West Ham have been linked with a £4million January swoop for the towering centre-back as Sam Allardyce considers his options with the future of Winston Reid still uncertain.

However, Burn insists he's happy at Craven Cottage and wants to extend his stay in west London beyond the end of the season.

"It's just speculation," he said when asked about interest from the Premier League club. "The first I heard about it was on Twitter!

"I'm pretty relaxed about things. I love playing for Fulham and want to be here."

Burn misses Saturday's trip to Brighton through suspension, so Fulham have recalled Jack Grimmer from his loan spell at Shrewsbury Town.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dan-burn-dismisses-west-ham-8169870?

WhiteJC

Bristol Rovers boss wants to extend Lyle Della-Verde's loan deal

Lyle Della-Verde

BRISTOL Rovers boss Darrell Clarke has confirmed he will be seeking talks with Fulham over the possibility of extending the loan spell of Lyle Della-Verde.

Della-Verde has been impressive in the four games in which he has featured for Rovers since arriving from Craven Cottage on a month-long loan deal at the start of November, and Clarke said: "It is one of those where we have him for the month and we would like to extend that.

"He plays the game with a lot of confidence, but with young lads it is a lot to do with consistency. I am not getting carried away because the lad has only had three good games, but he has done well and we'd like to keep him here a bit longer if we can."

On why he substituted the exciting wide-man at Chester on Saturday prior to watching his side concede two late goals to throw away a 2-0 lead, Clarke said: "Lyle is a 19-year-old kid, who only played his first full senior game the other day and I have to manage him properly.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-boss-wants-extend-Lyle-Della-Verde/story-24661672-detail/story.html?#ixzz3K6beotuk
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

WhiteJC

New Date For Cup Game

Following the postponement of Sunday's Under-21 Premier League Cup match against Norwich City, we can confirm that this fixture will now take place on Monday 1st December (7pm) at Motspur Park.

Please note that the two sides were scheduled to meet in the league on this date, and so that fixture will now be played on Friday 20th March 2015 (7pm).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/25/new-date-for-cup-game?

WhiteJC

FA Youth Cup Draw

Fulham Under-18s will face Crewe Alexandra in the Third Round of the FA Youth Cup on Wednesday 10th December at Gresty Road.

Alex have successfully navigated their way to this phase of the competition after defeating Preston North End on penalties in Round One after drawing 2-2, before seeing off York City 4-0 in the Second Round.

The Whites will of course be looking to last year's brilliant run to the Final as inspiration this time around.

Tickets for the match can be purchased on the gate, priced at £3 adults and £1 concessions.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/25/fa-youth-cup-draw?

WhiteJC

Fulham star Dan Burn plays down talk of January transfer to West Ham

Feet on the Ground: Burn insists he 'loves playing' for Fulham

Fulham defender Dan Burn has played down reports linking him with a January move to West Ham.

Despite the Cottagers turbulent start to the season the 22-year-old has impressed at the back, and has also provided two goals for the club – against Doncaster in the Capital One Cup, before the stoppage time equaliser away to Rotherham.

His commanding performances have seen him linked with a move to Upton Park, with Sam Allardyce reportedly preparing a £4million bid for the defender with uncertainty over Winston Reid's long-term future at the club.

But Burn, who arrived at Craven Cottage from Darlington in 2011, insists he's more than happy to remain with Fulham.

"It's just speculation," said Burn, report Get West London. "The first I heard about it was on Twitter!

"I'm pretty relaxed about things. I love playing for Fulham and want to be here."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-star-dan-burn-plays-down-talk-of-january-transfer-to-west-ham-9881937.html

WhiteJC

Fulham star reflects on remarkable rise and reveals future goals

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli. (Photo by Harry Engels/Getty Images)

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli is a proud man to be the Whites' first choice goalkeeper and he knows that he has a lot of people to be thankful for.

The 22-year-old spent last season on loan at Accrington Stanley and, after the departures of David Stockdale and Maarten Stekelenburg, was battling with Jesse Joronen for the number one spot.

The Finn was picked at the start of the season under Felix Magath and Bettinelli had to bide his time on the bench, given a chance in the 1-0 win at Brentford in the Capital One Cup and the 1-1 draw with Cardiff.

However, Kit Symons elected to promote the 22-year-old after he replaced Magath as manager.

"Personally I can't thank Kit enough for the faith he's had in me," he said.

"I had a little taste of it under Felix [Magath]. It was very small but I got that taste and I was hungry for it.

"I was disappointed at the start of the season when Felix was in charge.

"I wanted to be playing like a number one and when Kit took over he said to me 'I believe in you' and gave me faith.

"I only thank him for that. I go out there every week, not just for Kit but the whole boys, the coaching staff and the fans."

It's not all been plain sailing for the 22-year-old as he struggled with injury as he was coming through the ranks and he admitted that those days have made him a better person for it.

"I think everybody has tough days but when you go through them they feel even tougher," he explained.

"There's been a few injuries but I've got past that now and Kit has put a lot of faith into me and I want to repay him."

He added: "It's made me stronger. The tough days in the gym were all worth it. It's a long road.

"People don't see what it takes to get here. It's a long road and there are a lot of people who have put me in this situation.

"I'm thankful for a lot of people but once you get here you've got to stay here. I'll take every game as it comes and I'll give it my best and my all."

Bettinelli's form had seen him selected in the England Under-21s squad and he enjoyed the experience, even though a finger injury cost him a debut against the young Lions' French counterparts.

"It was amazing," he said. "I was very very proud to get into that squad.

"I've always dreamed about playing for my country. I was delighted to get into that squad.

"I've had a lot of tough days with injury but I'm happy with the faith Kit has put in me. If I keep on working hard, who knows?"

Bettinelli is ahead of experienced Hungarian Gabor Kiraly but he knows there he has to continue performing if he is to keep his place.

"Gabs has been tremendous," he said. "He came in under Felix.

"He's a great lad to work with. He's a real character. He's always bubbly and up for training.

"He helps me through. He's an experienced head and played a numerous amount of games. I'm learning a lot from him.

"It's not so much telling me information; it's about watching and learning and see how he copes on and off the pitch.

"Some things aren't going to be with you. You want to take bits into our own game.

"He's fierce competition. Every day we go into competition but it's healthy. We're both trying to get the number one spot for the game."

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/fulham_star_reflects_on_remarkable_rise_and_reveals_future_goals_1_3862062

WhiteJC

Tickets: Limited availability for Boxing Day clash against Fulham

With only a limited number of tickets still available for the Boxing Day clash against Fulham, supporters planning on attending the game are advised to secure their tickets as soon as possible.
Kit Symons brings last season's relegated Premier League side to the Goldsands Stadium on Friday 26th December, and with most areas of the Goldsands Stadium now at or close to capacity, supporters are urged to act quickly if they meet the booking criteria.

To purchase any of the remaining 200 tickets, supporters must have attended at least two previous home league games since the start of the 2013/14 season to be eligible to purchase tickets.

There will be no more online sales for this match, but supporters can purchase tickets both in person and over the phone.

Read more at http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/tickets-limited-availability-for-boxing-day-clash-against-fulham-2104400.aspx#ozrVOhstWQebrGwv.99

WhiteJC

Alan Curbishley rejects Fulham return after failing to thrash out terms with Cottagers
Former Charlton boss had been lined up to become director of football
Curbishley held similar position at Cottage before being shown the door
The 57-year-old has turned down the approach due to a dispute over pay

Alan Curbishley has turned down an approach to make a swift return to Fulham after a wrangle over pay.

The former Charlton boss had been lined up to become Kit Symons' new director of football at Craven Cottage.

But the two parties were unable to agree on a financial package, with Curbishley eventually declining the opportunity.

Alan Curbishley has turned down the chance to return to Fulham due to wrangle over wages

Kit Symons is keen to bring Curbishley back to Craven Cottage to lend a helping hand

The 57-year-old was appointed as the club's technical director in December last year while Rene Meulensteen was in charge, but was sacked in the weeks after Felix Magath landed the job.

Curbishley has taken on a number of punditry roles on television since his last managerial job at West Ham, which ended in 2009, but was keen to take on the role.

Symons is still on the hunt for more members of staff as he plots a swift return to the Premier League.

The Cottagers lie 11 points behind the play-offs after the stoppage time defeat away at rivals Brentford last Friday.

Curbishley's previous spell as technical director lasted just two months

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2849097/Alan-Curbishley-rejects-Fulham-return-failing-thrash-terms-Cottagers.html#ixzz3K6deFS61
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Burn Doesn`t Want Hammers Move!

In the last week or so there has been speculation linking our young central defender, Dan Burn, to a move to West Ham United.

Kit Symons has already stated that he doesn`t want to lose the youngster and now fresh speculation appearing in the media intimates that Dan Burn isn`t that interested in a move to Upton Park, remarking about the possibility,

'It's just speculation,'

'The first I heard about it was on Twitter! I'm pretty relaxed about things. I love playing for Fulham and want to be here.'

Which is, or should be, music to the ears of all Fulham supporters!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=377897#ixzz3K6e8Fnlc

WhiteJC

Fulham Youth to take on Crewe

Last season our U18 side had a marvellous run in the FA Youth Cup, going all the way to the final.

Our youngsters are back on that same trail at the moment and have reached the third round where they have been drawn against Crewe Alexandra.

The tie will take place at Gresty Road, on Wednesday 10th December and if any supporters are interested in following the youngsters then tickets for the match can be purchased, on the gate, at Gresty Road, for the princely sum of £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=377900#ixzz3K6eHvZFp

WhiteJC

January target talks down West Ham transfer

Young Fulham defender Dan Burn has distanced himself from a January move to West Ham.

The 22-year-old has been one of the few bright lights for Fulham this season, leading to speculated interest from a number of clubs, including the Hammers. Indeed, with Winston Reid's future at the club very much in doubt, a £4m deal for the Englishman seemed very plausible.

Despite this, Burn has played down the transfer at this time, claiming "It's just speculation. The first I heard about it was on Twitter! I'm pretty relaxed about things. I love playing for Fulham and want to be here."

Elsewhere, West Ham are reportedly interested in former Villa flop Jean Makoun, whose Stade Rennais contract expires at the end of the campaign.

http://www.ironviews.com/january-target-talks-west-ham-transfer/?

WhiteJC

Wondo looks ahead to 2015 after Fulham training stint

Wondo checks in after time with USMNT, talks upcoming season

Chris Wondolowski has been rolling on some hallowed soccer grounds since the Earthquakes wrapped up their season.

He trained with Fulham in west London, soaking up the 135-year-old club's storied history and blending in well on the field. Then he started and dished off an assist in the USMNT's 4-1 loss to Republic of Ireland in a friendly at Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

Soon enough, Wondolowski will be dissecting defenses and making classy runs in the Earthquakes new high-tech Avaya Stadium. The team captain seems anxious to get started again under new coach Dominic Kinnear.

"I can't wait, especially with the way the season ended," said Wondolowski, who has 86 goals over the past five MLS seasons. "I can't wait to get out there, and on top of that, we get to open a brand new stadium. Everything that I see and hear about it is, it's just top notch. I can't wait to experience that."

Wondolowski, 31, is back in town for a spell, and then will head to Carnegie, Oklahoma for a couple of soccer camps at the Kiowa Indian reservation. Wondolowski, a half Native American, is an enrolled Kiowa tribal member.

Tribal elders cheered him on from afar during the World Cup.

"I'm so excited," Wondolowski said of the Kiowa camps. "It's really close to me."

With an assist from USMNT coach Jurgen Klinsmann, Wondolowski trained with Fulham for a week and a half in the run-up to friendlies against Colombia and Ireland, so he could stay sharp after the Quakes season.

Wondo called training with Fulham "a great experience."

"The level is, obviously, very high, but I was able to incorporate it very well," he said. "Just so much history there -- that was the great experience. You walk up to the cafeteria, and you walk into the gym, and they have pictures of all the history: Back in the day when they beat Juventus 4-1 in the Champions League in Europe. You see pictures of (ex USMNT star) Brian McBride and all the Americans that played, and all the great players for that club. It's pretty cool to walk down those halls and see that."

Wondolowski made an impact against Ireland with a first-rate assist, but obviously, things went poorly overall for the American side..

"Definitely a tough one," he said. "It was a great place to play. Amazing to play in Dublin and get to start against the Irish national team. It was pretty special. We came out pretty flat and we ended up getting punished throughout the game. That was a bit unfortunate, but it was pretty cool to get an assist and to be out there."

Looking ahead, Wondolowski is excited that deserving Quakes fans will get to experience the sport at state-of-the-art Avaya Stadium.

He also thinks Kinnear is the right man to lead the team back. The two have had a few conversations since Kinnear was named as the Quakes coach on Oct. 15.

"I played for him for 4.5 years, so I know him well," Wondolowski said. "He's taught me so many valuable lessons, both on and off the field. I'm eternally grateful for what he's done for me. He's the perfect guy to really get us turned around and get us in the right direction."

Wondolowski added, "That's why I can't wait for this season to start. I think there are a lot of high hopes. Knowing him and the guys in the locker room, we're expecting big things. We didn't end the way that we wanted to, but the mentality is going to come out that we've got to win. That's going to be our mentality from day one."

http://www.sjearthquakes.com/news/2014/11/wondo-looks-ahead-2015-after-fulham-training-stint?