watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One Day To Go (Loans)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 26, 2014, 03:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Nobody in or out, I read we were trying to send bout 4 out.
Maybe nobody wants them..Window shuts 5pm tomorrow.

ToodlesMcToot

I'm really hopeful that we get some business done before the loan window shuts. At very least, there are players in the team that would benefit from a better opportunity for playing time.

Perhaps the lack of loan in's is a sign that we have identified what we need and that we expect it to come in January. It's the only positive that I can draw from our lack of attention to certain positions/weaknesses on the field.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

SouthWest6

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 26, 2014, 04:26:23 PM
I'm really hopeful that we get some business done before the loan window shuts. At very least, there are players in the team that would benefit from a better opportunity for playing time.

Perhaps the lack of loan in's is a sign that we have identified what we need and that we expect it to come in January. It's the only positive that I can draw from our lack of attention to certain positions/weaknesses on the field.

Perhaps the lack of loans shows that we're pretty incapable behind the scenes of making it happen, hence the need for a director of football.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 26, 2014, 05:28:38 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 26, 2014, 04:26:23 PM

Perhaps the lack of loans shows that we're pretty incapable behind the scenes of making it happen, hence the need for a director of football.

Like I said, I was trying to look at it positively.

I'm curious why you'd lean toward believing that we're incapable of conducting ourselves competently in the loan market. We haven't had a DOF for as long as I've been a supporter (to my knowledge anyway) and I don't recall any issues with getting loan signings.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jags24

We already brought back Grimmer - there is no need for further player movement at this time.  In spite of last game, the club has been doing well as of late - why disrupt the chemistry with a lot of new signings?

MrProphet

Quote from: jags24 on November 26, 2014, 08:57:42 PM
We already brought back Grimmer - there is no need for further player movement at this time.  In spite of last game, the club has been doing well as of late - why disrupt the chemistry with a lot of new signings?

We are woefully short of centre midfielders. We have parker or parker ( i think LVC is most effective on the right of midfield) if we lose parker then god knows who we ll play there

Andyb

Matt smith going to Bristol City on loan

F.luke

We are rubbish we need about 6 players loans or transfers  I don't care yes our results generally have improved but lots of luck involved and our style of play is poor  disrupt the chemistry  !  Only Ross and Parker should be guaranteed starts

HatterDon

Quote from: MrProphet on November 26, 2014, 08:59:49 PM

We are woefully short of centre midfielders. We have parker or parker ( i think LVC is most effective on the right of midfield) if we lose parker then god knows who we ll play there

Hyndman is a more than adequate replacement.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MrProphet

Quote from: F.luke on November 26, 2014, 09:35:47 PM
We are rubbish we need about 6 players loans or transfers  I don't care yes our results generally have improved but lots of luck involved and our style of play is poor  disrupt the chemistry  !  Only Ross and Parker should be guaranteed starts

I'd chuck Betts and LVC in to that aswell both should be nailed on to start

MrProphet

Quote from: HatterDon on November 26, 2014, 09:44:10 PM

Completely different type of player but granted another option but still doesn't change the fact we need cover and experienced cover at that

FPT

Matt Smith has been heavily linked with a move to Bristol City - us buying him was a waste of money (despite the low fee).

I don't think there's anyone out there that could give us what we need barring Chris Baird and Matt Jarvis. We don't want to loan in kids, we need players to help out now - and players that aren't playing at the moment are mostly in other positions than our needs.

I do think we have a lot going on behind the scenes, the rumoured appointment of a Director of Football and Kit yet has an official back-room staff, it doesn't surprise me if we do (if at all) make changes at the last minute in terms of exits. I think we'll see Smith out, another in, and more change come January.

fulhamben

Quote from: MrProphet on November 26, 2014, 09:47:09 PM

Completely different type of player but granted another option but still doesn't change the fact we need cover and experienced cover at that
grimmer at rb back and hoog to dm. he has done it before and looked ok at it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SouthWest6

Quote from: FPT on November 26, 2014, 10:15:08 PM
Matt Smith has been heavily linked with a move to Bristol City - us buying him was a waste of money (despite the low fee).

I don't think there's anyone out there that could give us what we need barring Chris Baird and Matt Jarvis. We don't want to loan in kids, we need players to help out now - and players that aren't playing at the moment are mostly in other positions than our needs.

I do think we have a lot going on behind the scenes, the rumoured appointment of a Director of Football and Kit yet has an official back-room staff, it doesn't surprise me if we do (if at all) make changes at the last minute in terms of exits. I think we'll see Smith out, another in, and more change come January.

We've got 2 hopes of bringing Matt Jarvis to Fulham by 5pm tomorrow. Bob and no.

Berserker

Bob and no, are you talking about my husband's responce to most things!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jonaldiniho 88

Can anyone enlighten me as to kit's preferred formation during his time with the youth? Is this narrow diamond in midfield his preferred formation or is he playing the players he has in the formation he feels is best for the squad or is this how he would set up any team he has?
    Seems like Jarvis, if he was to be loaned wouldn't fit this system. Seems to me this system lacks a defensive midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and can spray the odd pass to a player moving forward.

Tonywa

Quote from: fulhamben on November 26, 2014, 10:25:31 PM
Quote from: MrProphet on November 26, 2014, 09:47:09 PM

grimmer at rb back and hoog to dm. he has done it before and looked ok at it

Hoogland was excellent as DM when he played there earlier in the season.  Probably his best game since he joined us.

cmg

I see that Josh Passley has now gone the Derek Smalls, Jack Grimmer route in donning the Shrewsbury shirt.

I am sure this move (and Grimmer's return) tells us something about the pecking order of RBs at the club...but I am not sure exactly what.

PaulJ123

I wanted Grimmer to be starting at RB this season (or at the very least ahead of everyones favourite RB, Zverotic).

We do need to loan in a CM though

jarv

Given the defensive woes of the team, Fulham are just 2 games away from the bottom 3. Reinforcements needed at the back please.