watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

dave whelan charged by fa over racist comments

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 27, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

glad about this. the comments clearly were racist. hope fa find him guilty and give him a severe punishment.

Fulham76

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 27, 2014, 04:21:37 PM
glad about this. the comments clearly were racist. hope fa find him guilty and give him a severe punishment.

Lets hope not! An honest, hard working, ageing guy, constantly under media attention is being absolutely destroyed by the politically correct & lets play the race card YET again brigade for a slip of tongue!!

It's absolutely ridiculous the stick he's getting, and seems the only people offended by his comments are those that think they should be under ridiculous politically correct views.

nose

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 27, 2014, 04:30:53 PM

Lets hope not! An honest, hard working, ageing guy, constantly under media attention is being absolutely destroyed by the politically correct & lets play the race card YET brigade for a slip of tongue!!

It's absolutely ridiculous the stick he's getting, and seems the only people offended by his comments are those that think they should be under ridiculous politically correct views.

i know we discussed this before, but whelan was not a slip of the tongue. what was reported was a total disgrace, what he said subsequently was he was mis reported, but even what he subsequently said was really foolish. In fact his defence of his new manager was enough to raise eyebrows. Malky's texts were totally uneacceptable in this day and age and whelan has hired him, that also has to be factored in.

If he would have said the same about black people or asians I suspect he would already be found guilty!

The one thing this is not is not is a PC issue.

Baszab

Let's hope hope Whelan gets found guilty - not a proper person to run a football club - totally irrelevant that he was hard working and good bloke - a closet fascist betrayed by his own stupidity in opening his mouth to defend another closet racist

epsomraver

Quote from: Baszab on November 27, 2014, 05:38:07 PM
Let's hope hope Whelan gets found guilty - not a proper person to run a football club - totally irrelevant that he was hard working and good bloke - a closet fascist betrayed by his own stupidity in opening his mouth to defend another closet racist

Closet fascist, do you even know what you are calling him, PC gone mad, never mind Dave get John Terry's brief on the case, he stuffed the Fa on a guilty as charged and got a true racist off the hook

Fulham76

Quote from: Baszab on November 27, 2014, 05:38:07 PM

Like I said on the original post re Dave whelan's comments... 28 people were murdered last week for being non muslim! That is the most disgusting form of racism possible, yet the word racism hasn't been mentioned once.
Dave whelan uses a bit of slang to describe someone from China & he's a closet fascist??? Unreal comment!

epsomraver

Lets hope not! An honest, hard working, ageing guy, constantly under media attention is being absolutely destroyed by the politically correct & lets play the race card YET again brigade for a slip of tongue!!

:plus one:

PeterFFC

How where his comments a slip of the tongue?
Can this be a slip of the tongue?
"However, he said the word chink is not offensive, and that he used to say it of Chinese people when he was young. "If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying," Whelan said. "There is nothing bad about doing that. It is like calling the British Brits, or the Irish paddies." Wong, director of the Manchester Chinese Centre an organisation devoted to Chinese community cultural understanding, said chink "is an insult, racist". "
This as well
"I think Jewish people do chase money more than everybody else. I don't think that's offensive at all."

I find even trying to defend Mackay's comments a disgrace.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Putney

Football will be better off without the racist Thatcher loving loon.

He really should know better.

Buffalo76

Quote from: PeterFFC on November 27, 2014, 08:48:25 PM

"However, he said the word chink is not offensive, and that he used to say it of Chinese people when he was young. "If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying," Whelan said. "There is nothing bad about doing that. It is like calling the British Brits, or the Irish paddies." Wong, director of the Manchester Chinese Centre an organisation devoted to Chinese community cultural understanding, said chink "is an insult, racist". "
This as well
"I think Jewish people do chase money more than everybody else. I don't think that's offensive at all."

My gosh what terrible things to say. Hey lets make him out to be as bad as these hate preachers who stand in public parks or in high streets etc and incite so much anger towards us English.

epsomraver

Quote from: Putney on November 27, 2014, 09:01:51 PM
Football will be better off without the racist Thatcher loving loon.

He really should know better.

This forum would be better off without your leftie views, you  know nothing about Dave Whelan,what he has done for football, just want someone to make snide remarks about,  what has Thatcher got to do with this at all, shouldn't you be outside the American embassy shouting against something else that has f all to do with you?

YankeeJim

Racism is a terrible thing and should be eradicated. While I can understand over sensitivity to racism I can't condone reverse racism & rioting like we have going on in Ferguson, Missouri.  I don't know very much about Whelan but his comments sound more stupid than racist. Slap his hand and move on. I don't get what bringing Thatcher is all about. Sounds like a comment from someone who parrots what he is told rather than using his brain.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

PeterFFC

Quote from: Buffalo76 on November 27, 2014, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: PeterFFC on November 27, 2014, 08:48:25 PM

This as well

My gosh what terrible things to say. Hey lets make him out to be as bad as these hate preachers who stand in public parks or in high streets etc and incite so much anger towards us English.

I was pointing out how it wasn't a slip of the tongue. Yes there are thousands if things much worse but that doesn't mean he should be let off, what he said was wrong and offended a lot of people.

Putney

Quote from: epsomraver on November 27, 2014, 10:41:56 PM

This forum would be better off without your leftie views, you  know nothing about Dave Whelan,what he has done for football, just want someone to make snide remarks about,  what has Thatcher got to do with this at all, shouldn't you be outside the American embassy shouting against something else that has f all to do with you?

What do you know about Dave Whelan that I (or anyone else) don't know? No doubt sod all, just sitting on your pompous high horse, shouting down anyone you disagree with as usual. Last time Whelan made the papers was over ridiculous comments re Thatcher.

Lovely snide remark about Ferguson.

Burt

Sgt Fulham

Some people seem to want to burn him at the stake. I just don't see where his comments can cause such hatred. If someone really got badly emotionally hurt by these comments then they will never be able to handle the real world - its not and never will be perfect. Yes his comments were stupid but they were not said to spread racial hatred. Singling out and hating on people seems to be the new thing, and most people who are offended seem to not even come under the comments! I don't really want to be tarred as racist (as everyone who disagrees with the majority when it comes to racism seems to be), but as said in a previous post real racism is where groups are oppressed and even murdered based on their religion or ethnicity, and this is still happening in the world unfortunately.

Baszab

I am not trying to be clever, but please have a quick check on how Nazism started - picking on minorities, not only Jews but gypsies, homosexuals, non-arayan immigrants - people like Whelan do not have the right to go around stereotyping minorities. I am shocked that people think this kind of behaviour is tolerable any more - racism in Europe is bubbling below the surface and wouldn't take much to explode again - his comments are unforgivable for any reason - no defence for them at all

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Baszab on November 27, 2014, 11:31:03 PM
I am not trying to be clever, but please have a quick check on how Nazism started - picking on minorities, not only Jews but gypsies, homosexuals, non-arayan immigrants - people like Whelan do not have the right to go around stereotyping minorities. I am shocked that people think this kind of behaviour is tolerable any more - racism in Europe is bubbling below the surface and wouldn't take much to explode again - his comments are unforgivable for any reason - no defence for them at all

I'm sorry but Whelan is not blaming minorities for anything nor trying to get support for such ideas. To suggest that this is at all comparable with the start of Nazism is very misguided and plain wrong in my opinion. Honestly this whole saga is doing more damage than it is good. Very few people knew what he said until the media decided to highlight it for people to decide they were offended by it.

ffcthereligion

This is a 78 year old man who has done good for his local club and town and we want to crush him for a comment made in an interview, i think it is safe to say without any malicious intention at all, and ruin his reputation. Im sure when im turning 80 I might have some views or use the odd word which some people consider fruity, let it go. Big fuss over minor issue IMO