Main Menu

It was obvious...

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, November 29, 2014, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

Quote from: Shredhead on November 30, 2014, 11:17:26 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 29, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
Quote from: SP on November 29, 2014, 07:42:35 PM
The Brighton forum is blaming Bent for goading the FFC fans & inspiring the comeback.

They'll still be chuffed they've got an opportunity to get 'Bent' on the back of their shirts.
And our nickname is The Cottagers. Perhaps we should be joining Brighton in trying to eradicate homophobia in football.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

SouthWest6

It's not the forum, it's the sensitivity of other members unfortunately, the Mods have to act on it just to keep everyone happy. Like you, there's no harm in a little joke about Brighton and Gay's, it's been going on for years, I've got Gay friends, get over it. You can't even be negative these days without someone jumping down your throat.

jms

Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 30, 2014, 05:09:30 PM
This has got to be the most sensitive forum of all time.

No matey......it just hurts people when you think it's 'Funny' or 'banter'  to ridicule others because of the person they choose to love.
Quite a few Fulham fans were very uncomfortable, when we resorted to the pathetic....'Does your boyfriend know your here'...
Also wonder why all you guys have to call people 'fat' all the time.....as an insult....looking at most of the people doing it, weight watchers wouldn't be out of order.

Loved watching my team winning in my city yesterday, only spoilt by a few of the mindless chants.
Sorry I'm so sensitive, but there you go.

win-dup

Quote from: jms on November 30, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

No matey……it just hurts people when you think it's 'Funny' or 'banter'  to ridicule others because of the person they choose to love.
Quite a few Fulham fans were very uncomfortable, when we resorted to the pathetic….'Does your boyfriend know your here'…
Also wonder why all you guys have to call people 'fat' all the time…..as an insult….looking at most of the people doing it, weight watchers wouldn't be out of order.

Loved watching my team winning in my city yesterday, only spoilt by a few of the mindless chants.
Sorry I'm so sensitive, but there you go.

So if you're fat, gay and live in Brighton best not look on this board for a couple of days. Personally, I find the most objectionable thing about Brighton is the inhabitants have voted in a Green party mp. Hang on though, what if you're fat, gay, live in Brighton and voted Green. Something there to offend almost anyone.

leonffc

Quote from: jms on November 30, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

No matey......it just hurts people when you think it's 'Funny' or 'banter'  to ridicule others because of the person they choose to love.
Quite a few Fulham fans were very uncomfortable, when we resorted to the pathetic....'Does your boyfriend know your here'...

From my memory, that chant stemmed from our fans being pelted with coins and beer from above. I take it your uber sensitivity is hurt more by a jokey chant than physical objects? Look at the bigger picture.
And is that chant really any more offensive than our support being F'ing sugar?
After all, they claim to be gay and proud. Why would that hurt if they were proud of it?

Berserker

I think the thing is there were Brighton thugs on the balcony throwing coins and spitting at people, why not sing about them being ignorant thugs. But no  people singing the song thought it was an insult to insinuate that somebody was gay, so obviously the people singing the song weren't just having a jokey chant were they. Bit bizarre if you ask me. No wonder gay footballers and managers don't talk about it much.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.