Main Menu

FFC rescued by Kit

Started by Baszab, November 29, 2014, 05:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

Quote from: Peabody on November 29, 2014, 05:39:35 PM
082.gifhb :clap_hands:
Quote from: MrProphet on November 29, 2014, 05:28:57 PM
Some lovely sanctimonious drivel I see. I'm guessing some people suffer mediocrity in their lives/careers not everything said by some is "negative" often it's very constructive and a refreshing change from simple blind faith

Great result today and good substitutions so I hear (although Ruiz was forced I believe?) something that people said he needed to improve on and he did. Well done Kit.

Mediocrity eh? Well that is a bit better than being critical of just about everything and if there is constructive criticism, then it is lost amongst all the negativety.

I'd say the vast majority is constructive just people have different ways of saying it.

Mediocrity is struggling to a draw with blackpool and continuing to be unable to put a full 90 min performance together (i would add that we didn't do that today either) but we did win and my main criticism was substitutions and today kit got them correct enforced or otherwise. Muscle in the last half hour (Fofana) and someone to release some pressure and hold on to the ball up top (woodrow and not Dembele)

Baszab

Any criticism of KS is just nit-picking if you look a the bigger picture - we had 1 point in 8 - the team had no confidence - irrelevant that he didn't make a substitution when one of our supporters thought he should have done - irrelevant point - KS is about man-management which he has got bucket loads of - compared to the German dinosaur who had NONE

Sometimes it may not suit KS to make the substitution as he wants game time and confidence - repeat - what a win today after going behind and without Burn/Hoogland

MrProphet

Quote from: Baszab on November 29, 2014, 06:03:59 PM
Any criticism of KS is just nit-picking if you look a the bigger picture - we had 1 point in 8 - the team had no confidence - irrelevant that he didn't make a substitution when one of our supporters thought he should have done - irrelevant point - KS is about man-management which he has got bucket loads of - compared to the German dinosaur who had NONE

Sometimes it may not suit KS to make the substitution as he wants game time and confidence - repeat - what a win today after going behind and without Burn/Hoogland

I understand what you mean and do agree that we are poles apart from where we were im just saying that the vast majority of perceived "negative" posts are from people who want nothing more then for a) kit to be our manager and b) want him to be very very successful. He opitimes everything this club stands for. It's because of this that people question his inexperience and want him to improve after all good managers don't wait for a game to be changed they change it with a tactical switch or a clever substitution

ffc73

We were very poor in the first half & late out for the second half when we were a very much improved side. I will credit this turnaround to Kit and I am pleased to see it happening. I am a doubter but credit where credit is due and it is, iMO, due to Kit tonight

Andy S

We are in an interesting position now as we play Watford next week who are on an awful run. However should we beat them then we will only be 5 points behind them. considering our appalling start to the season that's not bad. At the beginning of the season people were saying that if we were in with a shout of the play offs at Christmas we would be doing ok

Mince n Tatties

Another fekcin Friday game I cant get too.Aaaaargh..

Fulham1959

Quote from: MrProphet on November 29, 2014, 06:19:56 PM

I understand what you mean and do agree that we are poles apart from where we were im just saying that the vast majority of perceived "negative" posts are from people who want nothing more then for a) kit to be our manager and b) want him to be very very successful. He opitimes everything this club stands for. It's because of this that people question his inexperience and want him to improve after all good managers don't wait for a game to be changed they change it with a tactical switch or a clever substitution

Try "epitomizes".  ;-)

MrProphet

Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 29, 2014, 07:57:45 PM
Quote from: MrProphet on November 29, 2014, 06:19:56 PM

Try "epitomizes".  ;-)

Congratulations you are my hero

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Andy S on November 29, 2014, 07:23:23 PM
We are in an interesting position now as we play Watford next week who are on an awful run. However should we beat them then we will only be 5 points behind them. considering our appalling start to the season that's not bad. At the beginning of the season people were saying that if we were in with a shout of the play offs at Christmas we would be doing ok

I still stand by that statement. If we are anywhere near 6th spot come Xmas, I think we will have just as good of a shot as anyone who is eyeing the playoffs. I know that it seems unlikely, and in all reality it is, but in this league if you are not eyeing promotion throughout the season there is not much point to the league is there? We have a long way to go, and likely will not make it (due to the start we had, 1 point from 8 games - YIKES!), however, if we go on a bit of a run here (i.e. beat Watford and Leeds), then who is to say we can't do it? Ever the optimist, I am.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jags24

This was a really big win because it is sandwiched between two tough matches - if we beat Watford, then we will be in great shape and a ways away from the relegation.  Considering we were at the foot of the table when Kit got the team, then how is that mediocrity. 

Some people's standards are a wee bit high it seems... only attainable by themselves.

MJG

From day one wanted him in charge. He's not perfect but I'd rather him than one of the many merry-go-round managers some on here wanted.

hovewhite

Well a week is a long time in football.