Main Menu

Rodallega's Character - Updated

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 29, 2014, 05:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 29, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
Quote from: leonffc on November 29, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Bent is a p. End of!!
But why do our fans sing Hugos name every time he misses a sitter? It's congratulating failure. Pathetic and I won't be party to it.
Encouragement?

Yup, it's encouragement, not in jest or mockery.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Luka

I can confirm that based on the couple of times we have chatted he is a very nice geezer.
Responds to the encouragement evey time. And today showed real love for the club when reacting to Bents disrespectful celebration.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: maoconnor on November 29, 2014, 08:15:15 PM
Bent is a p. End of!!
But why do our fans sing Hugos name every time he misses a sitter? It's congratulating failure. Pathetic and I won't be party to it.
Encouragement?

I'm trying to think of a word beginning with P followed by  **** which seems to be derogatory

mmmmmm ???
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

jags24

I like Hugo and always have.  Hopefully he will remain with us - I believe his contract is up at the end of the season, correct?

Very pleased that he is doing well.

Putney

Hugo needs to miss a sitter to score, and he does score so no real complaints. I think he's quite a good footballer, he certainly has his flaws but the main thing is he constantly tries and doesn't give up. I love his desire to play.

nose

hugo was brilliant with bent... he is a top man and all round lovely fellow... scoring regularly, looking dangerous, confidence returning..... shame his first touch is not entirely secure but ross and hugo click..... can't really ask for much more.

CottagersOnTour

The chant at Bent today was brilliant. Whats the score again Darren?

Pity I was sat on my hands in the Upper West stand!

Hugo was class today with his reactions to Bent.

bmasar

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 29, 2014, 08:39:27 PM
Bent is a p. End of!!
Encouragement?

I'm trying to think of a word beginning with P followed by  **** which seems to be derogatory

mmmmmm ???

It's what Sleeping Beauty did to her finger on the loom!

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Rodallega will soon end up on the back of my shirt.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

K33NY

Quote from: jj____ on November 29, 2014, 06:36:14 PM
I've done a complete 180 on Hugo in a matter of 18 months.  I've gone from hating him, to liking him on facebook, to singing his name.  Hell I'd even buy his shirt now.  Love his pride and his passion for the club, especially seeing as it hasn't always been easy for him here.

Me to after the poor matches he had I never wanted to see him play again, then when new season started I thought maybe he will be better, well lets just say I have made a complete turnaround on him as well, and seeing what character he had last night when Bent scored and how he pointed to our fans when he scored was so class. I bite my tounge and salute you Roda! You are a class person! :)

Humbled

Always loved the guy. Even when he was most people's scapegoat I would come on here to write positive things time and time again. I'm just so happy for him now. He is the type of guy that u need around your club and he WILL score goals. Love the man.

leonffc

Quote from: FFC73 on November 29, 2014, 06:43:08 PM
Bent is a p****. End of!!

To encourage him to try again and with that support improve his confidence so he will?

It worked today. He missed one early in the second half then he scored shortly after

Yeah I guess you're right but why aren't all players given that encouragement? Most just get groaned at and that's not good for their confidence is it?

Note to mods: if you're are going to edit my NON swearing please don't use the word jerk.
Or douchebag for that matter just in case that term pops in to your vocabulary. :)

Fulham1959

Quote from: bmasar on November 30, 2014, 12:30:23 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 29, 2014, 08:39:27 PM
Bent is a . End of!!
Encouragement?

mmmmmm ???

It's what Sleeping Beauty did to her finger on the loom!

An elegant explanation !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: FFC73 on November 29, 2014, 06:43:08 PM
Bent is a . End of!!

To encourage him to try again and with that support improve his confidence so he will?

It worked today. He missed one early in the second half then he scored shortly after

Well said 73.

You can't knock your own players.
It should only be encouragement.

He was class today and a cracking strike for the goal
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Deanothefulhamfan

I still don't think Rodallega is premiership quality, but he is seems to be enjoying his football, and playing very well.... An important player for us this season ( I didn't predict this at the start of the season) and long may it continue.... Great spirit , and deserves all the praise he is getting. I hope he continues to make me eat my words on him

filham

Quote from: twang on November 29, 2014, 05:38:41 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 29, 2014, 05:30:28 PM
I am not going to let a Rodders positive thread go without jumping on it and agreeing. People will have a go at him missing and control but I do love his attitude and positive play. A player who just wants to enjoy the game. Was never given a chance until this season for us. Great to see it working out.

Couldn't agree more.

Surely we all have to endorse this. If Hugo can hit 20 goals this season he could become one of our all time favourites.

Craven Mad

I've always been a fan of his and I'm delighted for Hugo. With his effort, he's really earned his streak.

Nicest bloke you could hope to meet and I'm so pleased people on here are off his back!

Rupert

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on November 30, 2014, 12:37:11 AM

:58:
Just remember this is an open forum, kids could easily read this.

And, frankly, what you and Hugo get up to in your private lives is none of our business, is it?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Rupert on November 30, 2014, 01:49:35 PM

:58:
Just remember this is an open forum, kids could easily read this.

And, frankly, what you and Hugo get up to in your private lives is none of our business, is it?

064.gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Artful Dodger

My 12 year old daughter has HUGO on the back of her shirt after he scored against Norwich last season and there was a glimmer of a chance of us staying up. She must have known something the rest of us didn't!

I agree with Deano though, I don't think he is really premiership quality but has found his level now.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae