watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodallega's Character - Updated

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 29, 2014, 05:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

When Bent did his mockery in front of the FFC faithful at Brighton, Rodders ran over to him and pulled down his arms, congratulated him, and reminded him that his actions were unnecessary. What a man that Hugo, and he scores!

*Updated* Thinking back on the goal he scored, it speaks even more to his class. After Bents mockery of the Fulham Faithful (you were all magnificent today, we seriously have some of the best support around, wish I was close enough to be with you), when Hugo scored he picked up the ball looked into the swathes of traveling support and just pointed to them, kissed the ball, and then raised both hands upwards; all of this as to say, "Thank You for believing in me, thank you for the support, and sorry for Bent"
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

YankeeJim

Hugo has the same effort & grit as a former #20. Don't know about the same level of courage but the commitment is certainly there. Also, a bit like Baird in that he kept on until he found his place. Love the guy!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Swiss72

Bent is just a muppet. No need for this.

Lighthouse

I am not going to let a Rodders positive thread go without jumping on it and agreeing. People will have a go at him missing and control but I do love his attitude and positive play. A player who just wants to enjoy the game. Was never given a chance until this season for us. Great to see it working out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 29, 2014, 05:30:28 PM
I am not going to let a Rodders positive thread go without jumping on it and agreeing. People will have a go at him missing and control but I do love his attitude and positive play. A player who just wants to enjoy the game. Was never given a chance until this season for us. Great to see it working out.

Couldn't agree more.

PokerMatt

Well done Hugo.

This is a man, remember, who was hauled off in our miserable FA Cup defeat to Sheffield United and was reduced to tears. His career with us seemed over.

Now he's huge for us and was excellent again today. What a man.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

RaySmith

I'm really pleased for him-he deserves this success with his never say die, wholehearted attitude.

Twig

Quote from: twang on November 29, 2014, 05:38:41 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 29, 2014, 05:30:28 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Me too.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

When I met him in Jacksonville we shook hands and 'imitating crying'
I said to him
" Oh Hugo, please don't leave"

He looked at me with a big smile and said "Thank you"

Seemed like a generally nice geezer.
To be honest I wasn't sure about him on the field, but am of course warming to him
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

grandad

Great committment, attitude & grit. He follows, Bettineli, Bodurov, Parker, LVC & McCormack on my teamsheet. Really pleased with the form he is showing.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gang

bog

I've always felt he would score a lot on this league and now, as well, he is showing the kind of character he is. Top man!! :Haynes The Maestro: And now Bent has shown his. :dft007:

092.gif

Tonywa

I'll admit that I'm not Hugo's biggest fan, but if you add his flurry of goals towards the end of last season, his scoring rate over his last fifteen or twenty games must be pretty good. All credit to him.

leonffc

Bent is a jerk. End of!!
But why do our fans sing Hugos name every time he misses a sitter? It's congratulating failure. Pathetic and I won't be party to it.

jj____

I've done a complete 180 on Hugo in a matter of 18 months.  I've gone from hating him, to liking him on facebook, to singing his name.  Hell I'd even buy his shirt now.  Love his pride and his passion for the club, especially seeing as it hasn't always been easy for him here.

Pluto

Absolutely love Hugo. If he'd got more games last season we probably would've stayed up.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

7 goals in 14 games since August. Not a bad return.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

ffc73

Quote from: leonffc on November 29, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Bent is a p. End of!!
But why do our fans sing Hugos name every time he misses a sitter? It's congratulating failure. Pathetic and I won't be party to it.

To encourage him to try again and with that support improve his confidence so he will?

It worked today. He missed one early in the second half then he scored shortly after

PokerMatt

Quote from: leonffc on November 29, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Bent is a p. End of!!
Encouragement?
Follow me: @mattdjourno