watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LVC, Parker, Hyndman and Ruiz

Started by snarks, November 30, 2014, 10:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

As a midfield four IMHO just don't work together, they were incredibly narrow and offered no support to the full backs, you could see that Grimmer and Staf were struggling when they attacked as they weren't sure whether to go for the man with the ball or stay on the winger.

Fofana added much needed balance as G Williams does when he plays, not sure what the answer is but better teams that Brighton could cause more of a problem.

I should point out I'm nitpicking here as results are what count and the win was all important.

J.Perkins

You think LVC doesn't support the full backs, as well as Parker?! You haven't been watching our games then.

Northern Cottager

I think away from home especially we need tmore balance , ie a standard 4-4-2 wherreby home teateawith full backs flooding forward and wingers can be easily put out. At the minute we are narrow and midfielders are taking longer to get out wide to double up and cover the man, this seems to be why we concede so many crosses.

snarks

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 30, 2014, 10:25:30 AM
You think LVC doesn't support the full backs, as well as Parker?! You haven't been watching our games then.

Might help if you read the post properly, I was clearly talking about yesterday not performances in general and that particular midfield LVC and Hyndman lined up in middle with Ruiz right and Parker left.

Ergo no support for the fullbacks, oh and for your info block S1B row D seat 781 yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grandad

I don´t like the narrow diamond. Nor do I like the flat 4 with Ruiz on the right wing. Perhaps other options are 3-4-1-2 or 4-3-2-1. All I know is that we have to have width. Whether it is inter changeable from side to side depending on which side we are being attacked or with 2 wide I really don´t have a definitive answer.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

Quote from: snarks on November 30, 2014, 12:07:46 PM

Might help if you read the post properly, I was clearly talking about yesterday not performances in general and that particular midfield LVC and Hyndman lined up in middle with Ruiz right and Parker left.

Ergo no support for the fullbacks, oh and for your info block S1B row D seat 781 yesterday

What a snarky reply.. Hence your name, I suppose!

If it's any consolation, I actually think LVC+Ruiz are creating a great partnership in the middle, which has been enabled by Parker's command from further back. I would like to see another enforcer for away games (Seko could be that man), but yesterday worked better; so maybe Kit is getting the team gelled..

Still, you are right, our FBs were exposed yesterday, but that was predominantly because Brighton were playing with wingers; so battles against the FBs was to be expected..

J.Perkins

Why do I care in the slightest?

snarks

You're right it was a bit snipey, but I get slightly annoyed when a post about a particular game is taken as a general comment on any player over the season or a few games.

It was a bit OTT and for that I apologise

snarks

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 30, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

As it shows you didn't read the OP

J.Perkins

Quote from: snarks on November 30, 2014, 12:28:16 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on November 30, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

As it shows you didn't read the OP

Talking about that you put your seat number, do I care?

Tonywa

Quote from: grandad on November 30, 2014, 12:19:04 PM
I don´t like the narrow diamond. Nor do I like the flat 4 with Ruiz on the right wing. Perhaps other options are 3-4-1-2 or 4-3-2-1. All I know is that we have to have width. Whether it is inter changeable from side to side depending on which side we are being attacked or with 2 wide I really don´t have a definitive answer.

Spot on IMHO.

filham

There is something not right about our narrow diamond which leaves space on the flanks, Brentford with attacking strength out wide loved it. However generally we are getting results and scoring goals so I for one am not going to be critical of Kit's tactics.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: snarks on November 30, 2014, 12:26:30 PM
You're right it was a bit snipey, but I get slightly annoyed when a post about a particular game is taken as a general comment on any player over the season or a few games.

It was a bit OTT and for that I apologise

Snarks, I salute you.  Posters tend to go a bit over the top in their approach at times, and rarely, if ever, back down, compromise, apologise, or publicly rethink a position or the degree to which it was made.  (I've been guilty of that at times).  If more did that, this board would be even more enjoyable. 

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Didn't Tigana play the same formation? What's the difference now? It's all about the players getting used to it and used to a bit of consistancy in the team and formation.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

HatterDon

agree with the OP. With a better midfield, we'd have gotten 4 points yesterday -- maybe even 5!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel