watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Historically December onwards

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 01, 2014, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

in the Championship, has seen teams make or break there season.....our games in Dec:-

Watford home (05 Dec)         currently 7th in League 29 points
Leeds away (13 Dec)             currently 15th in League 23 points
Shef Wed home (20 Dec)       currently 13th in League 25 points
Bournemouth away (26 Dec)  currently 4th in League 33 points
Brighton home (29 Dec)         currently 22nd in League 18 points

Fulham currently 16th in League 22 points

I cant see us getting anything at Bournemouth, maybe 1 point against Watford, maybe 1 point against Leeds, maybe 3 points against Shef Wed and 3 points against Brighton....so I'm going for 8 points out of a possible 15 - if we get the 8 or more points we could get into the top ten in the new year......anyone think we'll get more than 8 points??

fulhamben

yes we will get more than 8, not sure where though as we are just as likely to win or lose at bournemouth as we are to win or lose to brighton at home
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

I think we will get a minimum of 9 points, and a max of 11... with the following results.

11/15 points:

Watford - 3 points
Leeds - 1 point
Shef Wed - 3 Points
Bournemouth -  1 point
Brighton - 3 points

10/15 Points:

Watford 3 points
Leeds 1 point
Shef Wed 3 points
Bournemouth 0 points
Brighton 3 points

9/15 points:

Watford 1 point
Leeds 1 point
Shed Wed 3 points
Bournemouth 1 point
Brighton 3 points.

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

EJL

Deanothefulhamfan

I think 8 would be a good enough return, but not enough to get us into the top 10.... I think we will lose to Leeds and Bournemouth, win at home to Sheffield weds and Brighton, and draw with Watford. So 7 from me

Mokes

You're right, this is a huge month for us with a run of very difficult fixtures. With the teams below us playing well and only being 4 points off the relegation places it's very high stakes football. A run of wins and we could be a top 10 side. A bad run and we're back in the drop zone.

What we really could have done with is an extra midweek fixture against Chelsea in between the Leeds and Sheffield games. Kits descision to play a weakend team in the cup could cost us dearly now.

Fernhurst

Don't you just love this division??
We are on the cusp of all sorts!

Two bad results and the stink of relegation fills our nostrils again.
Two good results and a points cushion could see us reasonable safe with heady talk of playoffs again peppering these pages.

All this and while watching the cream of our Academy mature before our eye's (Saturday's line up was almost Magath like)

Friday night game with danger lurking... Can't wait

COYW COYW COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 02, 2014, 05:35:09 AM
Don't you just love this division??
We are on the cusp of all sorts!

Two bad results and the stink of relegation fills our nostrils again.
Two good results and a points cushion could see us reasonable safe with heady talk of playoffs again peppering these pages.

All this and while watching the cream of our Academy mature before our eye's (Saturday's line up was almost Magath like)

Friday night game with danger lurking... Can't wait

COYW COYW COYW

Fern, you have pumped me up just before bed...I doubt I'll sleep. I'm so very excited for Friday!!

COYW!!!!

alfie

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 01, 2014, 11:22:07 PM
in the Championship, has seen teams make or break there season.....our games in Dec:-

Watford home (05 Dec)         currently 7th in League 29 points
Leeds away (13 Dec)             currently 15th in League 23 points
Shef Wed home (20 Dec)       currently 13th in League 25 points
Bournemouth away (26 Dec)  currently 4th in League 33 points
Brighton home (29 Dec)         currently 22nd in League 18 points

Fulham currently 16th in League 22 points

I cant see us getting anything at Bournemouth, maybe 1 point against Watford, maybe 1 point against Leeds, maybe 3 points against Shef Wed and 3 points against Brighton....so I'm going for 8 points out of a possible 15 - if we get the 8 or more points we could get into the top ten in the new year......anyone think we'll get more than 8 points??

Lots of people could not see us getting anything at Brighton.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

December is a crowded month with all kinds of outcomes possible, much too difficult to make predictions

Let's just concentrate on Friday night where , with a god performance, I am half expecting to pick up 3 more points.

nose

I suspect we could get a minimum of 0 points and a maximum of 15 from the games listed.
IMO we need only concern ourselves with the next game.

Fernhurst

Quote from: filham on December 02, 2014, 11:22:29 AM
December is a crowded month with all kinds of outcomes possible, much too difficult to make predictions

Let's just concentrate on Friday night where , with a god performanceI am half expecting to pick up 3 more points.

Celebrity fans or what???
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

PaulJ123

Watford home (05 Dec)            1 point
Leeds away (13 Dec)                3 points
Shef Wed home (20 Dec)          3 points
Bournemouth away (26 Dec)     0 points
Brighton home (29 Dec)            3 points

Watford have been rubbish lately but they're a decent team and Vydra's a great striker at this level.
Leeds I can see Mccormack scoring a few
Shef Weds is a game we should be winning at home
Bournemouth will beat us you'd think but you never know
Brighton looked average, and we'll be fired up with a certain former striker playing for them.

H4usuallysitting

Just an update on this thread for December points - 2 games in and 3 points from 6

Watford (05 Dec) 0 points
Leeds (13 Dec) 3 points
I'm predicting home wins against Sheff Wed & Brighton, with a draw at Bournemouth (everything crossed)....I originally went for 8 points from 15 - but now think we can achieve 10 points from the 15, that could get us into the top ten for January

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 15, 2014, 10:43:47 PM
Just an update on this thread for December points - 2 games in and 3 points from 6

Watford (05 Dec) 0 points
Leeds (13 Dec) 3 points
I'm predicting home wins against Sheff Wed & Brighton, with a draw at Bournemouth (everything crossed)....I originally went for 8 points from 15 - but now think we can achieve 10 points from the 15, that could get us into the top ten for January

I concur - Losing to Watford wasn't what was really so surprising (despite my predictions up top), rather it was the manner in which we capitulated that was shocking. We are a very descent team, and the best is definitely yet to come. If we can pull 10 points out, that will be a tremendous return for a team that was 24th in October.