watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Dear Moderators

Started by nose, December 02, 2014, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I understand why you had to lock two of my recent threads one re whelan and the other today re balotelli
However, in both cases I was honestly very surprised by the responses to my posts and hadn't actually thought they would cause such a fuss.

Lighthouse

Well that is the point isn't it? We can all be enjoying a post on dressing turnips in cool fashion ware and suddenly it develops into a diatribe about veg being able to feel pain and embarrassment.

People (including me) will react to the oddest of things and take the biscuit and dunk it before the tea is cold.

On the other hand we need more Ruiz posts. Simply must have my fix of Ruiz posts saying the same thing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 02, 2014, 04:18:43 PM
Well that is the point isn't it? We can all be enjoying a post on dressing turnips in cool fashion ware and suddenly it develops into a diatribe about veg being able to feel pain and embarrassment.

People (including me) will react to the oddest of things and take the biscuit and dunk it before the tea is cold.

On the other hand we need more Ruiz posts. Simply must have my fix of Ruiz posts saying the same thing.

Please do not tempt me!
As I am sure you know I do far to many ruiz posts. As it is, I am trying hard to wean myself off.....

Baszab

I hope it wasn't my post that caused the Balotelli thread to be locked but if so apologies  ! My point was intended to be serious and accurate - PS - I think Ruiz is brilliant

Southcoastffc

dressing turnips in cool fashion ware  - that sounds like the product of a deeply disturbed and dark mind!  065.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

dannyboi-ffc

The mods did the right thing but it's a shame some react the way they do. I know some think I waffle on and don't like me but I try to have a point to what I say.

There's a handful who don't have a point or deliberately over react to create an unpleasant debate. My Ched Evans thread made 12 pages and not one person was rude or horrible. There were many opinions but everyone was very well behaved on such a sensitive subject. The mods never locked that thread.

So that's proof that it's not necessarily the subject that needs locking, it's some of the members who ruin it and leave the mods no choice. I think they do a great job and maybe it's time to make their job a little easier.

Lets leave the political subjects alone for a while, it is Christmas time and we should all be pleasant to each other at this time of year. It will make these topics more interesting if they are few and far between anyway.

I wouldn't take it personally,  they're only doing their job
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Berserker

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 02, 2014, 04:59:29 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 02, 2014, 04:18:43 PMWell that is the point isn't it? We can all be enjoying a post on dressing turnips in cool fashion ware and suddenly it develops into a diatribe about veg being able to feel pain and embarrassment.

dressing turnips in cool fashion ware  - that sounds like the product of a deeply disturbed and dark mind!  065.gif
Ah did Lighthouse mean Turnips or Swedes? I beleive Turnips are white with green on and Swedes are pinky brown. My husband who is a Scot believes the latter is not a Swede but a Turnip.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Southcoastffc

Well, this is a turnip:

and this is a swede:

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RidgeRider

Just know, if topics get political, religious, homophobic, racist or are slanderous, we have to delete, move, edit, lock or otherwise modify the post or entire thread. There has a been a rash of threads/posts lately that have headed in these directions.

As most you recognize, there is often some very thoughtful posts that start these threads but then they go off the rails.

As we have often said, there are other Messageboards where you can swear, discuss politics ,and religion ,or otherwise write whatever want with no repercussions...this is just isn't one of them. The 'Friends' part of Friends of Fulham is the environment we are trying to create and have always tried to do so.

Thanks for the kind words all and Mr. Nose, "no" your original post was not the reason that thread was locked.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I was a Mod in the 60's, I had a parka but no scooter.
I was at one of the Brighton 'happenings' but cowering
on the way to Hove when it all kicked off.
By the way, Sting never worked as a bell boy at The Grand Hotel.

me and my mates used to get scared witless when we had to go past the
'rocker base' Ace Café walking from Windsor Station to the Ricky Tick Club.

BTW: Any mods reading this, I still don't get any notifications,
thanks for any help.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Fernhurst

Loved The Ricky Tick clubs Roger, saw an met some quite wonderful talent there.

Groups were good too.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 02, 2014, 08:17:00 PM
Loved The Ricky Tick clubs Roger, saw an met some quite wonderful talent there.

Groups were good too.

The old mansion along the river I saw   Supremes, Spenser Davies, John lee Hooker, Temptations, Stevie Wonder, The Who, Small Faces, Otis Redding, Bill Hailey etc  etc

In the smaller one in Hounslow above the car dealership opposite the bus station.   Rod Stewart as a backing singer with Steam Packet, PJ Proby, Geno Washington (my favorite) Jimmy James and the Vagabonds, the list is endless.

I knew I'd seen you before, in fact I think you stole a girl I was chatting up  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Jem

When comparing this forum with Cottage Corner one has to say that the Mods do a great job. I have followed many great discussions by people that have a great knowledge of football albeit somewhat diverse. Sometimes they have to step in but bearing in mind they are only human, on the whole they keep this forum worthy of FFC.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2014, 09:11:51 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 02, 2014, 05:52:45 PM
The mods did the right thing but it's a shame some react the way they do. I know some think I waffle on and don't like me but I try to have a point to what I say.

There's a handful who don't have a point or deliberately over react to create an unpleasant debate. My Ched Evans thread made 12 pages and not one person was rude or horrible. There were many opinions but everyone was very well behaved on such a sensitive subject. The mods never locked that thread.

So that's proof that it's not necessarily the subject that needs locking, it's some of the members who ruin it and leave the mods no choice. I think they do a great job and maybe it's time to make their job a little easier.

Lets leave the political subjects alone for a while, it is Christmas time and we should all be pleasant to each other at this time of year. It will make these topics more interesting if they are few and far between anyway.

I wouldn't take it personally,  they're only doing their job

You wear your heart on your sleeve, and say it how you see it, nothing wrong with that, as no offence is intended. So keep up the good work as your contribution enriches the debates on this Forum.

Cheers mate, I enjoy reading your posts and we seem to bounce off of each other.  We normally share the same views.

It's people like you that confirm I'm not actually stupid or going mad when I read some strange views in random topics. So thanks for keeping me away from the straight jacket!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Berserker

Mmmm somebody thinks I'm human
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 02, 2014, 07:43:27 PM
Well, this is a turnip:

and this is a swede:

No wonder people get confused....I can't tell the difference  :005:
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Lighthouse

Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 02, 2014, 10:31:11 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 02, 2014, 07:43:27 PM
Well, this is a turnip:

and this is a swede:

No wonder people get confused....I can't tell the difference  :005:

Well one is naked and frankly that goes too far. Mods need to take the Swede by the horns and stop this corruption.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on December 02, 2014, 06:34:54 PM

dressing turnips in cool fashion ware  - that sounds like the product of a deeply disturbed and dark mind!  065.gif
Ah did Lighthouse mean Turnips or Swedes? I believe Turnips are white with green on and Swedes are pinky brown. My husband who is a Scot believes the latter is not a Swede but a Turnip.

I believe you  refer to mangles  ......................a mangles is not turnips or a swede

HatterDon

I'd just like to say that I'm quite comfortable with the Mods decisions at all times. Of course, there is this ONE Mod who seems to have it in for me, but the others? No problem.

Nah, in the words of the former Rambling Syd Rumpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6BJJe9JV_A

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Quote from: KCat on December 03, 2014, 12:40:50 AM
Quote from: Berserker on December 02, 2014, 06:34:54 PM

dressing turnips in cool fashion ware  - that sounds like the product of a deeply disturbed and dark mind!  065.gif
Ah did Lighthouse mean Turnips or Swedes? I believe Turnips are white with green on and Swedes are pinky brown. My husband who is a Scot believes the latter is not a Swede but a Turnip.

I believe you  refer to mangles  ......................a mangles is not turnips or a swede

This is the second thread about mangles, wurzels or similar root fodder crops this year. Come on, mods, surely this should be deleted or merged!

By the way, I bought two bags of mangles on Sunday (£2.50/bag). I hope that isn't going off-topic.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria