watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Dear Moderators

Started by nose, December 02, 2014, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Hold on. Someone rightfully bought Ruiz in to this thread and we've gone off topic. Sort it out people.

On the subject of Mods, I can't believe that thread lasted that long to be honest lol.
BUT to change one of my words (non swearing) in a separate thread to 'jerk' is criminal. If someone, be it a rival fan or friend was looking in they may think that I use that American teen term :-)
Douchebags!!

TonyGilroy

Some of us veer off into politics on occasions and I've never got an issue when the moderators shut down discussions.

The rule makes sense and their judgement is OK with me wherever and whenever they draw the line.

On language though the standards do seem to me to be those of 50 years ago. Much of what would then have caused outrage is commonplace today.

Twig

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 02, 2014, 08:04:40 PM
I was a Mod in the 60's, I had a parka but no scooter.
I was at one of the Brighton 'happenings' but cowering
on the way to Hove when it all kicked off.
By the way, Sting never worked as a bell boy at The Grand Hotel.

me and my mates used to get scared witless when we had to go past the
'rocker base' Ace Café walking from Windsor Station to the Ricky Tick Club.

BTW: Any mods reading this, I still don't get any notifications,
thanks for any help.

Do you think mods were more like sharply dressed swedes whereas rockers were more turnip like in their fashion style? And it's bothering me where parsnips fit into all this?

nose

Quote from: HatterDon on December 03, 2014, 04:26:11 AM
I'd just like to say that I'm quite comfortable with the Mods decisions at all times. Of course, there is this ONE Mod who seems to have it in for me, but the others? No problem.

Nah, in the words of the former Rambling Syd Rumpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6BJJe9JV_A

When i started this thread i could not have imagined in a million years the name 'Rambling Syd Rumpo' would be part of the discussion......    I used to love around the Horne on a sunday lunchtime.....  i heard some clips recently and it is still funny and stands the test of time even if it is not quite PC for today.

win-dup

thanks for any help.

I was too young to be a Teddy Boy and too old to be a mod. A tragic life has followed really.

RidgeRider

Quote from: leonffc on December 03, 2014, 08:59:15 AM
Hold on. Someone rightfully bought Ruiz in to this thread and we've gone off topic. Sort it out people.

On the subject of Mods, I can't believe that thread lasted that long to be honest lol.
BUT to change one of my words (non swearing) in a separate thread to 'jerk' is criminal. If someone, be it a rival fan or friend was looking in they may think that I use that American teen term :-)
Douchebags!!

Haha! I was struggling with the right word at that time and knew 'jerk' wasn't very English! If it makes you feel ANY better, I often incorporate expressions and sayings I've seen on this board, over here in the States without even realizing I am doing it because it all seems so normal.

BTW, Douchebag is a fantastic word. Say it out loud with some 'agro' with TonyGilroy's favorite word  ight before it ,and you'll have arrived at cursing nirvana.

TonyGilroy

Remind me.

My favourite word is what?

RidgeRider

TonyGilroy

I know but seeing it on Friends of Fulham is high on my *ucket list.

Logicalman

Quote from: Twig on December 03, 2014, 10:43:16 AM

thanks for any help.

Do you think mods were more like sharply dressed swedes whereas rockers were more turnip like in their fashion style? And it's bothering me where parsnips fit into all this?

They fit quite nicely between to spuds and carrots in a winter stew. Did your mother teach you nothing about good stews?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RidgeRider

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 03, 2014, 08:47:43 PM
I know but seeing it on Friends of Fulham is high on my *ucket list.

Well played! Almost had me when I responded.  :54: