watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Three questions for all members

Started by dannyboi-ffc, December 04, 2014, 07:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

A bit of a random post I guess but lately I've began to feel I'm too opinionated and outspoken to be everyone's cup of tea. So please answer the following 3 questions as it will help me to understand you all better and might help me to improve my posting skills. Although I'm coming up to 1900 posts I'm still a baby on here, I only joined this year.  So your feedback will help and I'm also fascinated to see what your views are of yourself.

1) There are many styles on this forum, ways we put our point across. So what do you think when you see my name before reading what I've said. Here's some examples to help you decide and these are my views.  

Peabody- something funny aka the joker.

LBNo11 - the historian, always refers and gives links to the old days.

lighthouse- the educated one- always comes across as very knowledgeable both with Fulham and general discussions.

MJG- the stat man- always doing surveys or providing inside information and stats in debates.

Berserker- the nice one, seems to put across her points without upsetting anybody. I've never seen anyone argue with you (perhaps they're too scared)

Epsomraver- the honest one- tells it how it is but can sometimes be a bit too blunt

deano- the sensible one- similar to Berserker but seems to go more in depth when he disagrees, wording it in such a way not to cause offence to anyone. And that's a great skill!

Logical man- Mr tipping league and the best member on here. I suppose I have to say that as his apprentice lol but top top bloke.

Wooly mammoth- the one I always agree with, don't think I've ever disagreed.

Ffc1987- the "did he just say what I think he did" one? Most of it confuses me or I disagree with, I quite enjoy the banter now.

Rogerpinvirginia- the random one, sometimes I don't even understand what's being said. I'm sure it makes sense to you Roger.

There's many others of course and I'm happy to tell you what one I think you are if you want me to.

2) What type would you refer to yourself as?

3) What do you think the majority of people refer to you as?

There's plenty of other types, feel free to say what ever you like. It will help me to gauge how my fof career is going so far and maybe help you to learn more about yourself.

Cheers guys

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

mullers

Forget what others say, just be yourself. Call it as you see it, but respect for me is important; and I might be biased but Fulham fans at worst are amongst the best. If you think I'm wrong check others club's boards.

ChesterTheTabby

1. You are a sensible, non knee-jerk reaction type of fellow. Intelligent conversation starter who gets his points across easily. I tend to agree with most of what you say, and even I do not, you have explained yourself in such away that I understand exactly where you are coming from.

2. What do I think of myself? The overly enthusiastic, optimistic, and obnoxious poster who probably annoys the living Hell out of folks.

3. They refer to me as the village idiot of FoF if FoF were a village.

Respectfully,

Mike
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Peabody

HatterDon

You're fine who you are.

Me? I'm the refined, talented one with great dance moves, wonderful taste in art, cinema, and literature, and quite the way with the written word.

Or, for those who have actually met me, I'm the overweight, long-haired American git who thinks he knows everything.

I'll answer to either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 04, 2014, 07:08:19 PM
A bit of a random post I guess but lately I've began to feel I'm too opinionated and outspoken to be everyone's cup of tea. So please answer the following 3 questions as it will help me to understand you all better and might help me to improve my posting skills. Although I'm coming up to 1900 posts I'm still a baby on here, I only joined this year.  So your feedback will help and I'm also fascinated to see what your views are of yourself.

1) There are many styles on this forum, ways we put our point across. So what do you think when you see my name before reading what I've said. Here's some examples to help you decide and these are my views.  

Peabody- something funny aka the joker.

LBNo11 - the historian, always refers and gives links to the old days.

lighthouse- the educated one- always comes across as very knowledgeable both with Fulham and general discussions.

MJG- the stat man- always doing surveys or providing inside information and stats in debates.

Berserker- the nice one, seems to put across her points without upsetting anybody. I've never seen anyone argue with you (perhaps they're too scared)

Epsomraver- the honest one- tells it how it is but can sometimes be a bit too blunt

deano- the sensible one- similar to Berserker but seems to go more in depth when he disagrees, wording it in such a way not to cause offence to anyone. And that's a great skill!

Logical man- Mr tipping league and the best member on here. I suppose I have to say that as his apprentice lol but top top bloke.

Wooly mammoth- the one I always agree with, don't think I've ever disagreed.

Ffc1987- the "did he just say what I think he did" one? Most of it confuses me or I disagree with, I quite enjoy the banter now.

Rogerpinvirginia- the random one, sometimes I don't even understand what's being said. I'm sure it makes sense to you Roger.

There's many others of course and I'm happy to tell you what one I think you are if you want me to.

2) What type would you refer to yourself as?

3) What do you think the majority of people refer to you as?

There's plenty of other types, feel free to say what ever you like. It will help me to gauge how my fof career is going so far and maybe help you to learn more about yourself.

Cheers guys

Bit too  blunt? what the F you talking about? :005:

F(f)CUK

I tend to put a quick crass comment and then go.

Artful Dodger

You're one of the regulars Dannyboi, so you are bound to upset some of the people some of the time! So long as you put your opinion across in a sensible non offensive manner, which you do, I wouldn't worry about it. Keep posting - you make for good reading!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

nose

in answer to your questions

1. you are not like any of them, you are yourself with a proper opinion and your own arguments..long may that continue, even if we do not always see eye to eye i like people that are able to have a proper debate!

2. Me, i am my own man. I love football and  fulham. as a player i was and remain a bit slow and struggled with natural talent as a result I have to work really hard and think really hard about the dynamic of how the game is played and the patterns within the game. as a result I have developed what i believe is a very keen interest in, and I hope understanding of tactics and formation and chemistry of a team.

I have my own views and will not allow the low level bullying from the chattering of the herd to sway me. I will listen to proper reasoned argument.

I hate some of the rudness and apologies unreservedly for when i get over excited

You did ask and that is the true answer.

3. I don't think the majority of people refer to me at all. I am largely ignored unless i speak about one of two or three well known  subjects.

If you had asked what would i like to see on the MB it would be more discussion re tactics and formation and the technical side of the game.

i want what is best for fulham, that is all i want. all my posts are to try and make the club better. i speak up when things are wrong, even when the herd says pipe down and get behind the lads... the truth is that is what i do 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If you do no more than that, even if we do not always see eye to eye, then you will be  a top man!

Southcoastffc

Too much navel-gazing mate - it's only a football message board. As others say,  be yourself.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 04, 2014, 10:09:35 PM
Too much navel-gazing mate - it's only a football message board. As others say,  be yourself.

What he said.
As an afterthought, Roger has no idea what he is saying. Nor do I for that matter. We all have things that irk us. Mine being those shallow individuals who insult rather than give a rational retort. If we all agreed, it would be boring indeed.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Ichabod Magoo

Introspection??  Self analysis??  That makes my head hurt.

If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Lighthouse

It is a rare privilege to be allowed to say what you wish. Don't care about those you think may dislike you.  There will always be people ready to hate. Don't lose yourself in the flattery that others will sometimes heap on you. Just be you and say what you think. Better to talk rubbish than keep silent. Just on the very odd occasion what you say may make a difference to an opinion.

And as I is the educated one like and that. Here is my sisters favourite poem. Thank you for making me remember it and therefore her. You see everything we say and do makes a contribution. Even if we didn't mean it to.

If—
BY RUDYARD KIPLING
('Brother Square-Toes'—Rewards and Fairies)

If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,   
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,   
    And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

Ah, Mr Beacon. Taking that "educated" label to heart are we?  LOL

Lighthouse

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 04, 2014, 11:37:51 PM
Ah, Mr Beacon. Taking that "educated" label to heart are we?  LOL

I didn't have to look it up nor nuffing. All off the top of head, honest. :016:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 04, 2014, 11:44:27 PM
Danny, you are a level headed and passionate supporter, that has a caring attitude, and the heart the size of a football. There will always be someone who will disagree with each of us. So carry on the way you are.
As for me, I am just a Hairy Elephant, with a mischievous sense of humour I am to understand.
As for everyone on this Forum. We all have one thing in common, we all support the Mighty Fulham, and that can't be bad can it.
Keep up the good work mate.

Credit where credit is due. Just like the flashlight man came up with a poem without the assistance of our dear departed John Henry Ellen, may he RIP, one should credit the old, wise one who named you the Hairy Elephant.  092.gif  :022:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: nose on December 04, 2014, 10:00:32 PM
2. Me, i am my own man. I love football and  fulham. as a player i was and remain a bit slow and struggled with natural talent as a result I have to work really hard and think really hard about the dynamic of how the game is played and the patterns within the game. as a result I have developed what i believe is a very keen  interest in, and I hope understanding of tactics and formation and chemistry of a team.
I have my own views and will not allow the low level bullying from the chattering of the herd to sway me. I will listen to proper reasoned argument.

A    I have put forward excellent  reasons why Ruiz should not perk up your blood pressure ....to no avail

3. I don't think the majority of people refer to me at all. I am largely ignored unless i speak about one of two or three well known  subjects.
A  That's a dirty communist lie,   I always read your posts and find them interesting on account of the fact that I just know what I like or do not like. Sometimes find the reason for my likes and dislikes  in yours comments

If you had asked what would i like to see on the MB it would be more discussion re tactics and formation and the technical side of the game.
A  There is a reason why Alan  Hanson retired while he is still good looking .....tooooooo much   can be a tad boring. A bit of creative writing  presented with humour( I thought the turnip/swede /mangle  thread was going somewhere, but it just coughed and died)

It's as plain as the nose on your face humour is needed.............innit ???!!!!

Deanothefulhamfan

As others have said Danny be yourself. I think you are a great poster and really add something to the forum, you and nobody else for that matter should feel they have to change. Unless of course they are breaking rules.

We all love Fulham, and we all see things differently, whether it is an individual performance or what we think is best for the team. It is great that we have a difference on opinion, this place would not be worth checking in on every day if everyone agreed on everything. Yes we clash from time to time, but I don't think anyone takes it too personally. (If the response is not obviously personal)

As for Nose - you are not a shadow, I can see you are here, and enjoy your posts as well ( not that I always agree with them ;) )

love4ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 04, 2014, 11:34:06 PM
It is a rare privilege to be allowed to say what you wish. Don't care about those you think may dislike you.  There will always be people ready to hate. Don't lose yourself in the flattery that others will sometimes heap on you. Just be you and say what you think. Better to talk rubbish than keep silent. Just on the very odd occasion what you say may make a difference to an opinion.

And as I is the educated one like and that. Here is my sisters favourite poem. Thank you for making me remember it and therefore her. You see everything we say and do makes a contribution. Even if we didn't mean it to.

If—
BY RUDYARD KIPLING
('Brother Square-Toes'—Rewards and Fairies)

If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,   
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,   
    And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!

Fantastic peom.  Who wrote it? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Danny you seem to be one of the sencable ones on here.  Don't over think it and just say what you think. 

Me - hopefully I am a little bit of all those you talked about. 

As for Logicalman he is exactly what his name implies, logical. 

As for Roger he is brilliant, except when I can't understand what he is saying.  Then I just laugh and pretend to know what he is saying.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?