https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Symons is useless

Started by Ordar, December 05, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Twig on December 08, 2014, 03:37:30 PM
Quote from: NorfolkJim on December 08, 2014, 01:00:03 PM
After Fridays terrible game (A game I think it better to put behind us and not dwell on) I've stayed off the forums - but now I've had a look I'm quite depressed to see the reaction of some supporters - Kit out? Give the man time FFS -
Kit inherited a team that has been destroyed - most experienced players sold or released - promotions up from the academy thrown in at the deep end rather than eased into the team.
From that disasterous situation he has worked miracles considering what he has to work with and what was done to them by the former manager(s). However, our current team is weak, inexperienced and lacking in some departments - but having Kiraly as our no2 keeper isnt kits fault - losing Stockdale, Sidwell, hangeland isnt Kits fault.
As far as I'm concerned he is doing a good job in the circumstances - we do not have a premiership team at the moment and until the transfer window opens were limited in what can be done about it.
Sides like Watford and Derby are just a lot better than us - get over it - and build for the future - because a restoration job is what is needed and I'll be nothing but satisfied with Kit until the transfer window closes and we see what he and khan intend to do about our weaknesses - weaknesses that are not his fault.
OK so the football isnt pretty like under Tigana but even Tigana couldnt turn our current squad into a fantastic side overnight - it takes time.
What I find sad is how fans/supporters have changed over the years so that now when the team is taking a hiding many walk out. It seems that winning is the only thing that matters and everything has to be instant or its the highway.

Sensible and reasonable post Jim and I share your concern at how quickly supporters seem to turn these days.  Give the man a chance for goodness sake.  He has at least got some positive results and given his under 21's track record I don't see him persisting with this unattractive style once he gets the chance to make a few squad changes.

i agree almost 100%
But I am not sure the January transfer window is a fair test for Kit. It is notoriously difficult to get the right people.
I think he is doing a brilliant job, all things considered, but the true test will be what he does in summer and how we start next season. \If we still let in so many goals and sit in the lower reaches of this league then a reassesment may be necessary..but as super mac said 'events dear boy, events' may overtake any of us.

For now I am happy what he is doing and i am usually reckoned to be 'a moaner' and far to quick to critises.

YankeeJim

If a manager makes a substitution and the sub scores, he is a genius. If not he's clueless. Truth be told, the genius managers  (Fergie,  Arsen, & the egotist at the scum) have a much different bench than Kit has. Being able to bring on Berbatov rather than a 19 year old is more likely to produce results. Too bad all the "expurts" here about don't realize that.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

colinwhite

I think we will be able to judge kit and Mr Kjan after the next 2 transfer windows , then he will have had the time and  investment (hopefully ) to be rated according to what he has been able to influence .

None of us like losing 5 -0 at home , but the important thing now is what we do next . I don't think Kit has belief in enough of his players to make too many changes . his next team selection will say a lot about how he views our current squad .

Baszab

The squad is so thread-bare its pathetic -- and certainly not KS' fault - look at Watford game - he had no-one to bring on to change the game or to bolster up the midfield - he obviously has not enough faith at this moment in time in the juniors -- so much so that he left that Fofana on who was useless - how can we expect him to magically transform the team with the same inexperienced players that FM had ??

He will try to get more experienced loan players for sure - but no-one is that eager to step down to us and our wages in our current situation - we have to be patient but that is like asking for miracles for most moaners on this board

premFlem

Quote from: colinwhite on December 09, 2014, 11:52:13 AM
I think we will be able to judge kit and Mr Kjan after the next 2 transfer windows , then he will have had the time and  investment (hopefully ) to be rated according to what he has been able to influence .

None of us like losing 5 -0 at home , but the important thing now is what we do next . I don't think Kit has belief in enough of his players to make too many changes . his next team selection will say a lot about how he views our current squad .
I think Kit needs to push for all he can get from the next transfer window there might not be the opportunity of a second one.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Wimbledon_White

Useless? No.
Inexperienced? Yes.
Need support from a #2 or a DoF? Probably.

The Watford game was shocking but let's be honest, the team is poor.
We have four players who I would deem 'good enough'; Bettinelli, Parker, McCormack and Rodallega.
The rest aren't quite there yet.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 09, 2014, 01:08:03 PM
Useless? No.
Inexperienced? Yes.

We have four players who I would deem 'good enough'; Bettinelli, Parker, McCormack and Rodallega.

kirlay has got a lot of potential though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on December 09, 2014, 01:11:02 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 09, 2014, 01:08:03 PM
Useless? No.
Inexperienced? Yes.

kirlay has got a lot of potential though.

Good spot!