watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Didn't play this badly under Magath.

Started by MiltonBurrows, December 05, 2014, 09:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiltonBurrows

Worst performance in years. Flabbergasted.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Ordar

I left at half time. Loads of people left when the third went in. Classic Symons tactics. We're outplayed in every game and just hoof it up front in hope. Not to mention he also put out only natural target man on loan

jj____

Reznor

Sad stuff really. Well, just have to hope we don't get relegated again.

Ordar

Quote from: jj____ on December 05, 2014, 09:14:21 PM
Quote from: Ordar on December 05, 2014, 09:12:20 PM
Classic Symons tactics.
We went down a man FFS

We were awful and totally outplayed before that as we normally are in the first half

MiltonBurrows

We can't handle sides who move the ball around quickly. Thats been clear since the charlton game where we fluked a win, but this has been woeful tonight. The back 4 look like statues.

jj____

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 05, 2014, 09:18:38 PM
Classic Symons tactics.
We went down a man FFS

We went a man down because we defended like sh*t for a change. THAT is Symons fault for not addressing it.

Addressing it how?  He hasn't had a window

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: jj____ on December 05, 2014, 09:19:50 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 05, 2014, 09:18:38 PM
Classic Symons tactics.
We went down a man FFS

We went a man down because we defended like sh*t for a change. THAT is Symons fault for not addressing it.

Addressing it how?  He hasn't had a window

He's had a loan window to be fair, which he brought in Fofana with. Who looks as useful as a chocolate fireman.

Ordar

He had the loan window. He has also had enough time to organise them. There are teams with worse defenders who are far better organised

jj____

A loan window.  You want him to solve this defense in a loan window.  I'm bowing out of this thread, too reactionary.

btings

Counterpoint: we played this badly under Magath.

jj____

Quote from: btings on December 05, 2014, 09:23:44 PM
Surely you cant be talking about the 5-1 loss to Derby after three straight losses to start the season followed up by our first point in the league then a 3 nil loss, a 5-3 loss, and a 1-0 loss.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: jj____ on December 05, 2014, 09:22:54 PM
A loan window.  You want him to solve this defense in a loan window.  I'm bowing out of this thread, too reactionary.

Not saying he should have solved this problem within a loan window, but hes had time to address the back 4. He's been in charge for a couple of months now, and tonight is the worst we have looked at the back all season for me.

I like KS, we've only lost 1 in the last 8 league games, but my point is that i dont think we played this badly under Magath. Woeful performance tonight. Hopefully they'll bounce back against leeds, and haven't paid 36 quid to see a performance like tonight.

jj____

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 05, 2014, 09:28:18 PM

Not saying he should have solved this problem within a loan window, but hes had time to address the back 4. He's been in charge for a couple of months now, and tonight is the worst we have looked at the back all season for me.

I like KS, we've only lost 1 in the last 8 league games, but my point is that i dont think we played this badly under Magath. Woeful performance tonight. Hopefully they'll bounce back against leeds, and haven't paid 36 quid to see a performance like tonight.

Looks like Liam Ridgewell will be available for a loan.  He's done well in America, could be worth a look

Mokes

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 05, 2014, 09:17:45 PM
We can't handle sides who move the ball around quickly. Thats been clear since the charlton game where we fluked a win, but this has been woeful tonight. The back 4 look like statues.

A proper Fulham fan.

A 3-0 with twice as many shots on target and a third as many fouls conceded, is definitely a fluke!

MiltonBurrows

counterpoint: can't remember losing 5-0 at home under Magath.

Northern Cottager

One or two solid defenders would have been welcomed and achievable?

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: Mokes on December 05, 2014, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 05, 2014, 09:17:45 PM

A proper Fulham fan.

A 3-0 with twice as many shots on target and a third as many fouls conceded, is definitely a fluke!

I'll stand by Charlton were the better team that game (apart from their finishing).

andyk

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 05, 2014, 09:43:47 PM

I remember we lost 5-0 at home to Chester once, which was, at least, an improvement on losing 6-0 at home to Port Vale. Those were terrible times and there was no conceivable hope of salvation. At least now, we do have a benefactor billionaire in charge of the club. He just has to sort out the administration of the club, he has listened to all sorts of experts, invested in three different managers and seems to be incredibly unlucky. Fingers crossed he gets it right next year.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: andyk on December 05, 2014, 09:51:08 PM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 05, 2014, 09:43:47 PM

I remember we lost 5-0 at home to Chester once, which was, at least, an improvement on losing 6-0 at home to Port Vale. Those were terrible times and there was no conceivable hope of salvation. At least now, we do have a benefactor billionaire in charge of the club. He just has to sort out the administration of the club, he has listened to all sorts of experts, invested in three different managers and seems to be incredibly unlucky. Fingers crossed he gets it right next year.

Don't get me wrong, i don't feel this is all doom and gloom, tonight was woeful but our form has been pretty reasonable recently. But that was horrible tonight, really bad.