watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

0-5

Started by Galeforce, December 05, 2014, 10:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galeforce

I don't post often, I read a lot, two, three times a day, I care, I love our club-goes ,back 50+ years, but tonight takes me to a point I have not been to for 30 years.
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

davew

I'm an oldie just like you, watching the present performances brings back a lot of memories!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

res

Quote from: davew on December 06, 2014, 07:21:59 AM
I'm an oldie just like you, watching the present performances brings back a lot of memories!

Another oldie but not so down beaten....I remember seasons when any win, or even a goal, was a rarity...and home defeats to Port Vale (0-6) and Chester (0-5) in the same season along with other continual hapless results. So it has been (a lot) worse.

bog

As a fellow slightly older oldie I am well aware of where you are coming from....

092.gif

GrumpyWhite

Quote from: bog on December 06, 2014, 09:29:14 AM
As a fellow slightly older oldie I am well aware of where you are coming from....

092.gif

As another oldie I can also see where you are coming from.

I have not been to to CC for 2 years because of the ridiculous premiershite timings did not fit in with travelling from my home in Cornwall.

I did however go to the Brentford game and can quite clearly see how we may have lost 0-5 to Watford.

But  as others have stated it has been a lot worse than this in the past.

COYW

Lighthouse

As a young, fit, gad about who has been to Doncaster on a cold Winters night and seen Fulham around the Country in the days of Alan Dicks etc. I only need to go back as far a Jol and Felix to see that Kit has less of a side and doing more with it than the others.

An awful performance but you really do have to put this in context. I would say this silly overreaction is just that. Calm down and realise how low we have been allowed to fall before Kit took over. Then look at how much he has turned things around. An awful setback but these are the same players that Felix couldn't manage more than a point with. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Plodder

Another oldie chips in to the discussion (season ticket holder 1974 to late 1990s).  Money, family and other commitments make visits to Craven Cottage rare these days.  Losing 0-5 at home to Watford is bad, but unless we get a serious of listless defeats, the current situation does not feel as bad as the era in which we saw not only the well known debacles such as Port Vale, Chester and Hayes, but also a long series of lifeless defeats and hapless performances.  A couple of supine displays against Swindon and Oxford Utd stick in my mind.  Or maybe it's also influenced by my becoming more stoical and accepting of mediocrity as I get older.

In the Enclosure

I remember us losing 5-0 to Leeds at home in the late 60s but they were a great team not Watford ! Watched it on last night on TV. Don't think people are overreacting. We could have been 2-0 down before they scored and Grimmer should have had a penalty against for pulling his forward over from a corner !

Brentford was the same - we rode our luck and they missed lots of chances. - Even the Brighton highlights showed them going close with 4 clear attempts before they scored. This team can't defend and Kit only sets them up to attack. He needs help and to be told to give up the Wales job. Choose us or go !!!

dannyboi-ffc

We lost 10-0 to Liverpool in the 80s.  I know away to Liverpool in the lower leagues is harder than Watford at home but 10-0 is still worse. Losing to hull 6-0 last year weren't much better.

Last time we lost 5-0 at home was man utd in the fa cup quarter finals I think but don't quote me on it. Or was it Moyes team? Can't remember now, these defeats happen too often to remember them all lol.

I remember losing 4-0 at half time to Blackburn at Loftus road. It's the only time I've ever left a game at half time. I just couldn't handle a second half of that ilk, I think it finished 4-0 too.

Last night I weren't that bothered, they were very good and deserved it. Plus I was resigned to a hammering when bettinelli went off so early. I left in the 75th minute not because I was angry but just to get home a bit earlier. There seemed no point in staying till the end like I have done before incase anyone questions my support. Well done to all of us yesterday,  the ground was half empty
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Artful Dodger

Well done to anyone who stayed beyond half time! Even I had to work at staying in the pub until the end!

As I see it, we are not good enough and with young players (we had Betts, Grimmer, LVC, Fofana, Staff plus 4 on the bench who are 21 or under), you are going to get inconsistent performances. Hopefully Betts will learn from making a challenge like that.

What we do need to work on though is starting a game a bit quicker and getting control of the game from the start. We always seem to start slowly and we are on the back foot and last night it cost us big time and that is where Kit needs to get to work on.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Jem

Ah! but then in my distant memory (it seems to be getting further away all the time), we beat Halifax 8-0 away. Stevie Earle 5 goals. It isn't always gloom you know!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 06, 2014, 10:47:02 AM

An awful performance but you really do have to put this in context. I would say this silly overreaction is just that. Calm down and realise how low we have been allowed to fall before Kit took over. Then look at how much he has turned things around. An awful setback but these are the same players that Felix couldn't manage more than a point with. 

My take as well.

It was truly dreadful but let's not pretend that it was typical of recent performances. What it definitely was was a wakeup call proving that improvement is necessary.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 06, 2014, 01:57:58 PM

My take as well.

It was truly dreadful but let's not pretend that it was typical of recent performances. What it definitely was was a wakeup call proving that improvement is necessary.

I'm paraphrasing but The Times called it 'a low point in Kit Symon's turnaround since he took over'.  Seems about right to me.  What was the situation - 1 point from the first 7 games?  Since then its been 21 points from 13.  Not everything is right with the squad/management/club but not everything is wrong either.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Berserker

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 06, 2014, 01:57:58 PM

My take as well.

Maybe the wake up call is that we need some re-enforcements in the January window. Maybe it's was a ploy
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bournemouth george

Another oldie, live in Bournemouth almost booked a hotel for Friday night to come down and watch the game,
would have spent over a hundred quid to watch a 0-5