watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where Kit is getting it wrong.

Started by FulhamStu, December 06, 2014, 08:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Just read Kits notes after the game and frankly he is right in some respects but totally glosses over the main issues.  We know we have a poor defence (as a team) and he has totally failed in his time todate to improve that.  Yesterday our defending as a team was as bad as its been all season.  There are a few reasons for this incl having very in-experienced players some who will make it in time but all need better coaching.  We do not pick up players and we give them far too much room.  The main issue however was the way Kit set the team up.  They played 5 in MF, we played the Diamond with a new player and Ruiz in the CAM role.  I am sorry, but Ruiz is not suited for this type of football.  He has talent but is just too slow and weak and does the opposite of putting himself about. LVC has skill and teachnique but he couples that with huge effort AND puts his body on the line.  LVC made errors yesterday but he was over-run.  Watford played 3 at the back which allowed them 5 in MF, their 5 totally dominated our 3 and a half for the first 15 mins and could have been at least 3-0 before Ruiz was taken off.  At 2-0 and down to 10 the game was lost HOWEVER.  Kit still kept the same shape to the team and we continued to be over-run.  No 2 banks of 4, weak marking and quite frankly Watford could have had 10.

Yes we need better defenders, yesterday it was not only the full backs but the central defenders all over the place. Parker does not protect the defence, I can recall him running to the side line to take an attacking throw in mid 2nd half - WHY ?   He needs to site in front of the defence, I wonder if he is a bit thick and does not read the game well.  He has a great attitude and ability but should not try and do it all himself and give the team shape.

Kit would I am sure admit he and of course the team have a lot to learn, I really think he needs defensive coaching help in the way McClaren did for QPR last season.  We also need to set up to win the MF.  You can't do this with Ruiz in a 4.  Ruiz should only play as one of the 2 strikers sitting deep, are we really going to drop McCormack or Rod for him, I don't think so.

Finally I said a few weeks ago that 3 at the back could suit our players.  Pick the best 3 central defenders to play this way (they need to be mobile and I am not sure Burn would be one)  We have good attacking wing backs and Williams could come on if we need more going forward.  3 central MF could be LVC Parker and Fofana (who will be good but was lost and over-run yesterday with the rest of MF) and we need to invest on at least one more experienced MF player. We then have 5 defending when needed and 5 in MF when dominating as Watford did all last night !