more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Things that have to change

Started by Ordar, December 06, 2014, 08:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Things I think Kit needs to do:

- Bring in some experienced coaches, especially defensive coaches to help him.
- Either bring Smith back and play him or stop the long ball tactics
- Play with a proper defensive midfielder to shield the shocking backline
- Sacrifice one of the 3 strikers for an extra midfield so we're not constantly over run
- Play McCormack as an out and out striker like he played at Leeds
- Recall Kaca and Tunnicliffe to give us better options
- identify what exactly is going wrong with the Burn/Bodorov partnership as they're clearly not able to play together.
- Learn to be tactically flexible and also how to nullify opponents threats
- Make impactful substitutions not forced ones due to red cards/ injuries. All the subs seem pre determined before the game
- Dont play so narrow so the opponents wide players are constantly able to get crosses in
- Close players down quicker in the space between the back 4 and the midfield
- Teach the defence how to defend a diagonal through ball

There's probably more but that's what I have at the moment

fulhamben

I won't hold my breath. Surely if kit was going to change systems he would have done it by now, because it's not like we have been playing well in every game is it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Alan_C

Our defence.

We have the worst defence in the league. We are playing with two second choice fullbacks while Amore and Hoagland are injured and even they shouldn't be getting into a side, in those positions, looking for promotion into the premier league.

Amore if in the side should be in the middle and Holland into the team in a midfield enforcer role.

Last night we played an offside trap which simply didn't work. Their forwards were too quick and too used to playing against it. The timing if their runs proved that.

A bad decision by our keeper, he will make a few more yet, to pull down a player already past him cost us the chance of a fight back (Ruiz should never have made way for the clown) but to be fair they could have been two up long before the penalty.

We will bounce back for a couple of games, we hopefully have a plan for the transfer window and We will get tonked again this season by a team that we all have expectations to beat.

dannyboi-ffc

I agree with everything you said. It sounds harsh but from what I've seen even magath was better with subs. Kit seems to always do the same thing and his changes very rarely make a difference. I still can't believe we took off ruiz instead of fofana when we were most likely going to be kicking off 2-0 down???? It just killed off any chance of being able to score a goal unless it was a set piece. But you ain't going to score from corners with a team as small as ours and then smith gets loaned out ........ don't make sense to me
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

shnlwswlkr

This whole thing about Smith, we should not recall him, but sell him as soon as we can for whatever we can. He is awful. Even if we did decide to play long ball for the rest of our time, he is still awful.

Hutchinson is better than Burn in my opinion. Play him.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER play Kiraly again. I would rather play with an open goal. Do you think they'd let us play monkey rush in the championship?

McCormack is probably our best playmaker and the partnership of him and Hugo is working well so I wouldn't change that, I would probably drop Ruiz. He doesn't play with heart.

DEFINITELY call back Kaca and Tunnicliffe.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Alan_C

I would genuinely like to know what people think Tunnicliffe and Kaca would bring to our team.

Tunnicliffe really an admission that our defence isn't up to it. Back up to LVC?

Would Kaca be a different option than young George Williams?

J.Perkins

Quote from: Alan_C on December 06, 2014, 11:28:35 AM
I would genuinely like to know what people think Tunnicliffe and Kaca would bring to our team.

Tunnicliffe really an admission that our defence isn't up to it. Back up to LVC?

Tunnicliffe would be a decent back up holding midfielder. Parker and LVC are very good together, and great when we are attacking. Tunnicliffe would be a good sub to bring on when trying to see a game out. Kaca is a classic winger, and that's why I believe we need to start playing. Dump the 4-1-2-1-2, and being back a classic 4-4-2. Kaca and Williams would be very good wide players, both can take on a man. With McCormack and Rodallega up front, and if we sort out our defence, we will have a team capable of finishing high up the table.

Alan_C

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 06, 2014, 11:35:50 AM
Quote from: Alan_C on December 06, 2014, 11:28:35 AM

Tunnicliffe would be a decent back up holding midfielder. Parker and LVC are very good together, and great when we are attacking. Tunnicliffe would be a good sub to bring on when trying to see a game out. Kaca is a classic winger, and that's why I believe we need to start playing. Dump the 4-1-2-1-2, and being back a classic 4-4-2. Kaca and Williams would be very good wide players, both can take on a man. With McCormack and Rodallega up front, and if we sort out our defence, we will have a team capable of finishing high up the table.
Thanks I'm not sure I get it.

But last night we didn't need a backup for Parker or LVC and Hoogland and probably Zveotic (as he ain't a RB) could as well.

Kaca IMO a similar option to George Williams (although he isn't signed up to stay beyond the season) we also have Roberts to come on.

So far as shape and formation. I'm sure that could all work if we were less likley to fail, or last night fail dramatically, in defence.

westcliff white

i would have 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation, i hate long ball football
Every day is a Fulham day

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Ordar on December 06, 2014, 08:33:31 AM
Things I think Kit needs to do:

- Bring in some experienced coaches, especially defensive coaches to help him.
- Either bring Smith back and play him or stop the long ball tactics
- Play with a proper defensive midfielder to shield the shocking backline
- Sacrifice one of the 3 strikers for an extra midfield so we're not constantly over run
- Play McCormack as an out and out striker like he played at Leeds
- Recall Kaca and Tunnicliffe to give us better options
- identify what exactly is going wrong with the Burn/Bodorov partnership as they're clearly not able to play together.
- Learn to be tactically flexible and also how to nullify opponents threats
- Make impactful substitutions not forced ones due to red cards/ injuries. All the subs seem pre determined before the game
- Dont play so narrow so the opponents wide players are constantly able to get crosses in
- Close players down quicker in the space between the back 4 and the midfield
- Teach the defence how to defend a diagonal through ball

There's probably more but that's what I have at the moment

I agree with most of this.  Also, many of the issues flagged here were compounded by excellent play by Watford.

hovewhite

Deinfense we haven't a clue,we look like thers no planning or drills with the coaches in training sessions.
This has been visible to me since ray lewngton left to go with roy massive miss for me we've not been the same as a team since then.

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok this is a post which I think is more constructive criticism, as appose to the other thread you started, and more open to debate so here are my thoughts on the below (fwiw). I do agree with some of your points, and disagree with others.

1. This is certainly an issue, and is probably showing Kits lack of experience. Kit needs help, and the sooner a DOF comes in an assigns the eight people to support Kit the better..
2.This is an area I expect us to see us improve in after January, hard to not play long ball as we have so few defenders who can pass the ball.
3. I agree but who can we use at the moment? Hoogland if fit I guess, it should be Parker but he is not this player, next question is should Parker be dropped if Hoogland played?
4. This would require a change in system, which we don't have the personnel for unless we go 3-5-2.
5. This for me is not an issue as he proven to be our most creative player in the team in this free role.
6. I hope this happens. Tunnicliffe could be the better answer than Hoogkand and Parker. Kaca allows us to change to 4-4-2
7.Bodurov was worse than Burn imo, and has been awful the past two games. I would start with Burn and Hutchinson, slow yes... But the communication would be there to allow them to be correctly positioned.
8.This will improve with time, but we have won more than we have lost, so he is not tactically inept, but does need to come up with a counter tactic of the game is not going in our favour. I expect this to change in January when we have more players at our disposal.
9. We have no other option at the moment, unless we play 3-5-2, as I mentioned above.
10. This goes along with your point two, which I expect to be addressed.
11.This we need to work on in training, it is our weakness, and we need to work on improving it.

In summary I agree with a lot of what you say, and the issues we have, but at the moment we have no other choice but to be patient until January, in which I feel many of these issues will be addressed. Kit really does have his hands tied at the moment, but let's reassess at the end of January, he is doing an excellent job with a very misfit squad at the moment imo.

@jolslover

I would also like to see us bring David into the match day squad more, he should be starting once Bryan goes
STH H3

Andyb

Bring in mike Williamson solid cb and mainly a sub for newcastle

nose

one problem is we play with 10 men and we need 11 in this division
my biggest dispute with kit who i otherwise love is ruiz.... he is useless and against watford, whilst he was on the pitch had a criminal performance... no challenge to insipid for him to shirk
losing possesion on the half way line poor passing and so on an so forth.... against watford we needed 11.... strangely after he was taken off we were better because at least he didn't give the appearance of doing anything

david should certainly be given a chance and woodrow too.
hugo is on a good streak but still has no first touch and against the likes of a good team such as watford that kills us

roberts should also be tried, i prefer him to williams any day of the week.

kit obviously has favourites, that is a weakness, he needs to be a little more objective where david woodrwo and roberts are concened, they all have great talent, so lets see them.