watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stekelenburg

Started by Craven Mad, December 06, 2014, 09:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Out of interest - with all the talk of recalling loan players - would anyone give Stek another go?? I'm not necissarily saying I want him back, but many think we could do with a new keeper, and we do have a WC finalist keeper on our books..

Betts has been fantastic, but he's the only real option in goal (what with Jesse on loan/don't even get me started on Kiraly) and whenever he's out (like he will be next week) I worry.. I wouldn't want anyone in to replace Marcus, but I think we could definitely do with another option/challenger.

Maybe Stek could be an option..

What's does everyone think?

hovewhite

Stek better than karaly every day of the week,also would like ryan back from blackburn as well.

cmg

Presumably he can still cut it as a high-class keeper, despite not having played for 10 months.

After the loan to Monaco has run out (June) there will still be another two years on his contract with us.
I would be surprised to see him play for us again. His football life has been plunged into darkness and mystery since signing for us and I imagine he heartily regrets ever coming here.
He gives the impression of being a 'complicated' character.

Jambo

I'm guessing we got rid of him because we couldn't afford his wages not that he wasn't good enough.  I reckon that hasn't changed
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Mokes

Quote from: cmg on December 06, 2014, 10:17:24 PM

Presumably he can still cut it as a high-class keeper, despite not having played for 10 months.

After the loan to Monaco has run out (June) there will still be another two years on his contract with us.
I would be surprised to see him play for us again. His football life has been plunged into darkness and mystery since signing for us and I imagine he heartily regrets ever coming here.
He gives the impression of being a 'complicated' character.

I think he just hated Felix like everyone else. It wasn't just Stek that didn't want anything to do with the club when that mug was running the show.

Fulham is in a different place now and the thought of being welcome in the side and actually playing football again might entice him back. (we'd probably have a better chance if he was a any other club. I couldn't blame him for wanting to stay in Monaco)

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: Mokes on December 07, 2014, 12:17:07 AM

I think he just hated Felix like everyone else. It wasn't just Stek that didn't want anything to do with the club when that mug was running the show.

Fulham is in a different place now and the thought of being welcome in the side and actually playing football again might entice him back. (we'd probably have a better chance if he was a any other club. I couldn't blame him for wanting to stay in Monaco)

But he's not playing for Monaco, as you say. For a man who wants to reboot his career it's not ideal, even if the backdrop to his unofficial semi-retirement is.

Life on the riviera is pretty much perfect for late-career Berbatov - who's got the bonus of being their main striker know that Falcao's buggered off - but Stek's still got five or six years left, so he'll want to play SOMEWHERE soon.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Deanothefulhamfan

Steklenberg wouldn't come back to be a number 2..... Not good enough to dislodge our current number 1

MJG

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 07, 2014, 07:34:48 AM
Steklenberg wouldn't come back to be a number 2..... Not good enough to dislodge our current number 1
This

MrProphet

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 07, 2014, 07:34:48 AM

He's a number 2 at Monaco though

alfie

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 06, 2014, 09:38:53 PM
Out of interest - with all the talk of recalling loan players - would anyone give Stek another go?? I'm not necissarily saying I want him back, but many think we could do with a new keeper, and we do have a WC finalist keeper on our books..

Betts has been fantastic, but he's the only real option in goal (what with Jesse on loan/don't even get me started on Kiraly) and whenever he's out (like he will be next week) I worry.. I wouldn't want anyone in to replace Marcus, but I think we could definitely do with another option/challenger.

There is no point in people keep having a go about Kiraly, it is not his fault that he is the only option available, He I am sure realises that he is no longer good enough but there is no other option.
People keep slagging him off but I guess the guy is just trying his best, if it's not good enough what would you like KS to do ?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TonyGilroy

It's been a good move for him.

He's warming a warmer bench.

Deanothefulhamfan

Mr Prophet, with all due respect would you rather be a number 2 for a top French side who compete in the Champions league, or to a mid table championship club.

He wanted to leave, and may he never come back. Would rather Kiraly who wants to be here despite him being awful than any player who doesn't want to be here.

Craven Mad

Quote from: alfie on December 07, 2014, 08:42:19 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on December 06, 2014, 09:38:53 PM

There is no point in people keep having a go about Kiraly, it is not his fault that he is the only option available, He I am sure realises that he is no longer good enough but there is no other option.
People keep slagging him off but I guess the guy is just trying his best, if it's not good enough what would you like KS to do ?

Exactly what this thread suggests; either bring back Stek or look to loan/buy another keeper ASAP.

This wasn't a thread to slate Gabor. I don't blame Kiraly personally for his ability - you can't blame him for taking the job and I don't think he's letting in goals deliberately - but, to me at least, he hasn't been good enough and it's costing us on the pitch. I think KS needs to try to address that issue ASAP.

I struggle to think of good keepers who would come to us as a backup option, but I think we need to try and find a better one than Kiraly. This thread was made to suggest a keeper that we, a) already own, b) is probably better than Kiraly.

MrProphet

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 07, 2014, 08:56:00 AM
Mr Prophet, with all due respect would you rather be a number 2 for a top French side who compete in the Champions league, or to a mid table championship club.

He wanted to leave, and may he never come back. Would rather Kiraly who wants to be here despite him being awful than any player who doesn't want to be here.

They aren't even a top french side anymore. He supposedly left to resurrect his career and that isn't happening. I don't think he's as good as Betts and i won't forgive him for WBA away but where is he more likely to move the number 1 out the way and actually play?

MrProphet

And more importantly who cares what he wants Kiraly is awful and he's our player. Get him back and make him sit on a cold bench in London rather then a warm bench in Monaco

westcliff white

Quote from: Jambo on December 06, 2014, 11:52:04 PM
I'm guessing we got rid of him because we couldn't afford his wages not that he wasn't good enough.  I reckon that hasn't changed
i reckon it was more that FM wanted him out as he wasn't a youngster or someone he signed, same as he did with mitro and tried to do with ruiz. according to some rumours we are still paying some of his and mitros salaries while they are on loan
Every day is a Fulham day