watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship players - strange that we're not

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 08, 2014, 09:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

playing some of them.........Matt Smith (out on loan), surely he should make the bench....could give us a plan B option and knows Super Ross's game, also what I understand from Leeds he liked a scrap and played 42 games with 12 goals, and a stack of assists (not in the Red card sense, that was his over exuberance to impress)........Kaka.....played 48 times with 5 goals.......Ryan Tunnicliffe has played 10 games this season for Blackburn (who are currently 7th with 31 points).........how can Seko Fofana (who has never played a Prem or Champs game before coming to Fulham be chosen as a loanee without any experience at senior level).......Chris David....we understand that he may have an attitude, but he doesn't even make the bench or look like he will make the bench........Jesse Joronen, surely we should of brought in a suitable replacement before loaning him (I understand that he may now be back from Accrington, I know we tried for Schwarzer) we do not appear to have any joined up thinking in our camp at the moment - and I think this was a concern for Curbs not returning to us..........I think as we are maybe a mid table finish is on the cards for us - we desperately need strength and wisdom in midfield and defence but I fear our problems are not all on the pitch.

cmg

Smith - I'd like to see him play more than the 3 minutes that Bristol City have so far seen fit to entrust him with in L1 (he was omitted from the Cup side on our instructions) before being convinced that he was a potential improvement on our current striking force.

Kacaniklic - currently not getting off the bench for Copenhagen. If our strategy veers more toward wing play he should be useful to us.

Tunnicliffe - gets plenty of action with Blackburn, so obviously up to the task. Which of our current midfield do you think should make way for him?

Jorenen - has a long term injury and is out for a couple of months at least

David - again, who should be omitted to accommodate him?

Polite Request: the following statement (or something very similar) usually accompanies any observation about Chris David   - "we understand that he may have an attitude"
I would be grateful if you, or any of the other posters who use this form of words, would kindly attach an asterisk (*) to the 'we'.

*= except cmg who has received no evidence whatever for this.

H4usuallysitting

the we bit about David....is a we as a club, not a we as an individual.....the club don't think he's good enough otherwise he would get game time.....

Jorenen should never had gone on loan, without a suitable replacement.

Smith, part of plan B, bring him on from the bench - he could give us a different dimension

Tunnicliffe for Fofana......

Kaka, part of plan b, bring him on from the bench

David, bench player and when needed Cup games etc for Ruiz

All the above would/should of at least made the bench on Friday.......

There also doesn't appear to be much joined up thinking at the top....such as one minute we get rid of Curbs then try and get him back again.....Curbs states he didn't return for reasons other than money

cmg

OK, but if you were talking on behalf of the club then surely the club (I'm not sure if this is 'you', 'we', they' - or, to be even more pedantic but also more grammatically accurate, the noun 'club' being singular - 'it') would know whether or not David has 'an attitude problem'. If, as seems to me to be likely, and as you (the poster) say, the club doesn't think him good enough (or perhaps it would be better to say, 'doesn't think him better than the alternatives.') then this has nothing to do with 'attitude'.

@jolslover

Chris David is a quality player, Would be gutted to see him leave in January, I feel we have to keep him as he is the obvious replacement for Ruiz
STH H3

RidgeRider

CMG is right. Based upon his lack of game time, I would suggest David is not in Kit's plans. No matter how much supporters would like to see him on the pitch, he is not impressing the boss for whatever reason, be it attitude, injury, confidence or just plain not better than the alternative.

H4usuallysitting

not sure where your going with this....."we understand that he may have an attitude, but he doesn't even make the bench or look like he will make the bench"........not sure what you want me to say.....our understanding is his attitude isn't getting him game time.....or simply he's not good enough......the limited times I've seen him play for the club he looked more than competent to play or be on the bench in a Championship team, and would/could work for cover when Ruiz doesn't play or is subbed

MasterHaynes

All managers have a blind spot for at least one player in their squad, they just can't see what they bring, David is one of kits and I am starting to fear Woodrow is another with Dembele regularly being selected in front of him.
Kit often left David out of U21 teams the last two seasons, even following some very good performances. Where Jol and Magath felt he had a lot to offer Kit doesn't. For whatever reason thats it and I doubt of we will ever see David in the first team again. David will know what Kit thinks and will be off at the earliest opportunity.

cmg

"Tell me again vot you said to Kit Zymons..."

Deanothefulhamfan

I am led to believe that his agent is the problem, and probably feeding all sort's of stories to a young and exciting prospect. The same thing happened with another exiting prospect in Tankovic.... I see David being the first player sold in January in truth.

I am also in agreement with MH in the fact that I am more concerned by a much better player in Woodrow, not being fancied by Kit. If I was to have one problem with Kit more than any other, it would be the fact that he is given Dembele more minutes than Woodrow.

I think in response to the OP, the players out on loan will be kits first priority in bringing back to the club.....

cmg

Rodellega's form has ensured that neither Woodrow nor Dembele have seen a lot of action.

Under Kit, Woodrow has played 156 minutes in the league and Dembele 146. (Dembele did have 90 min in the LeagueCup v. Derby).

All comes down to the principal that you can't pick everybody.

TonyGilroy

David actually played very little first team football under Magath and none, I think, under previous managers.

PaulJ123

This would be my team (assuming we recall tunnicliffe and kaca)

Betts
Hoogland Hutch Bodurov Staf
Parker/Tunnicliffe LVC
Roberts/Williams Mccormack Kaca
Hugo

or

Same back 5
Tunnicliffe 
LVC Parker
Roberts/Williams    Kaca
Mccormack

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on December 09, 2014, 10:34:48 AM

Rodellega's form has ensured that neither Woodrow nor Dembele have seen a lot of action.

Under Kit, Woodrow has played 156 minutes in the league and Dembele 146. (Dembele did have 90 min in the LeagueCup v. Derby).

All comes down to the principal that you can't pick everybody.

This is it exactly. I am a HUGE fan of Cauley Woodrow. I was hoping to see him making the position his by now, but the way Hugo has blossomed in his partnership with Mac it would be silly to sit him down in favor of my fellow ex-Hatter. On those few occasions that I actually get a chance to watch Fulham, I always enjoy the rejuvenation of our Colombian striker.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr