more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football League FFP

Started by MJG, December 15, 2014, 11:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30478833

Shows you can't just ignore the rules and hopefully fans will realise that no matter how many times they say Khan is a billionaire,  he can't just throw money at the club.

Lighthouse

Quote from: MJG on December 15, 2014, 11:03:34 AM

Shows you can't just ignore the rules and hopefully fans will realise that no matter how many times they say Khan is a billionaire,  he can't just throw money at the club.

No but the club did decide to throw the bathtub out with the baby. Then we threw money at Leeds and we have half measures in some other positions when we needed the money shared around.

So not so much the amount but the fact we are still only strong in one area. The rest should have some money thrown at it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

Quote from: MJG on December 15, 2014, 11:03:34 AM

Don't think many are really requesting that, just he backs Symons in January. Need 4 defenders and a couple of midfielders. A couple of loans, and tactical business, we could get all the players for a low budget.

MrProphet

Excuse my ignorance but aren't we immune from FFP this year??? If that's the case then this is the year to throw some money at it while still being mindful of the wage bill going forward

westcliff white

I thought we were exempt for the first season, however that tactic it backfires if you do not go up straight away as then your high salaries cripple you and you fail FFP.

We have to make sure we are compliant especially as it looks like we will struggle to go straight back up.

I think QPR facing expulsion if they are relegated for that exact same reason, is that correct?
Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MrProphet on December 15, 2014, 11:45:23 AM
Excuse my ignorance but aren't we immune from FFP this year??? If that's the case then this is the year to throw some money at it while still being mindful of the wage bill going forward

QPR were only down for one year and seem to be facing a £50M fine.

westcliff white

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 15, 2014, 12:00:42 PM
Quote from: MrProphet on December 15, 2014, 11:45:23 AM

QPR were only down for one year and seem to be facing a £50M fine.
I thought I read somewhere that the Football League will expel them as QPR will not pay the fine and if they were only down for one year then is it safe to assume we are not exempt and even more reason to ensure we are inside the rules

Edited... Thought I had read it somewhere
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/09/16/soccer-england-qpr-idUKL3N0RG4JP20140916

FPT

I think what saves us is the immense efficiency in getting players like Riise, Duff, Heitinga and Hangeland out on frees, as well as Stekelenburg and Mitroglou out on loan so we're saved from the pinch of their wages. Plus, we've not spent that much immediately, probably £3m-£4m (though we'll never find out the exact details of the McCormack deal, you're stupid to think it was £11m or even the majority of that up front.

We've saved ourselves a shedload of money thanks to Alistair Mackintosh's brilliant window; on top of that, our attendances are still good, 17k x 20 (ticket) = 360,000, so if average 17 thousand a home game, that's £360k a home game, we've got 14 home games left at least, depending on a cup run, 14 x 360,000 = 5,040,000, so if can get 17k a week, at home, that can renovate just over £5m for the rest of the season in ticket sales.

I think we're more than alright, next season we're allowed to lose £13m with owners investment, and then the new rules come in when we are allowed to lose £15m across a three year period. Hopefully we're a Premier League club by then.

CottagersOnTour

New rules in 16/17 mean Football League clubs won't even have to show where the £15m loss has come from, at the moment it has to be "Owners Investment".

I would hope we might be back in the prem by then however...

grandad

The FFP rules only benefit the "big" clubs. They are able to rake in huge non football revenue such as Man Utd´s $560 million over 3 years to have a cat badge on their shirts.
The other 80 odd clubs will never be able to compete. The gap between the clubs will only get wider.
If an owner has real cash in his pocket why on earth is he not allowed to spend it how he wants. Nobody tells me how much of my money I am allowed to spend.
I quite agree that clubs should not borrow from 3rd parties such as banks to compete in the transfer market. This is where clubs in the past have got themselves in trouble.
There are enough billionaires around for every club to have one. If they want to chuck their own money about, let them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Wimbledon_White

Mackintosh's brilliant window?

Eh?

JackyFulham90

We could strengthen our squad without spending any money.
Bring back Tunnicliffe,  Kacaniklic,  Mitroglou to help fire us to the play offs