watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Embargo

Started by Mokes, December 16, 2014, 02:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mokes

It has just been confirmed that Leeds, Forest and Blackburn have been put under transfer embargo for breaching FFP rules with Bolton, Bournemouth, Birmingham and Middlesborough looking like they're in a bit of trouble as well.

It seems crazy that so many teams cannot adapt at all. As far as I'm aware we don't seem to have any issues as apart from Ross, Parker, Bryan and maybe Hugo he have a fairly inexpensive squad wage wise. Surely the sales of Dejagah, Sidwell and the rest of last years squad offset the cost of Ross. I assume Olympiakos and Monaco are paying all the wages for Mitroglou and Stek.

We should(!) be in a fairly decent position to make the most of this window, but would the possibility of 7 championship clubs facing a transfer embargo be a good thing or a bad thing?

res

Quote from: Mokes on December 16, 2014, 02:18:10 PM
It has just been confirmed that Leeds, Forest and Blackburn have been put under transfer embargo for breaching FFP rules with Bolton, Bournemouth, Birmingham and Middlesborough looking like they're in a bit of trouble as well.

It seems crazy that so many teams cannot adapt at all. As far as I'm aware we don't seem to have any issues as apart from Ross, Parker, Bryan and maybe Hugo he have a fairly inexpensive squad wage wise. Surely the sales of Dejagah, Sidwell and the rest of last years squad offset the cost of Ross. I assume Olympiakos and Monaco are paying all the wages for Mitroglou and Stek.

We should(!) be in a fairly decent position to make the most of this window, but would the possibility of 7 championship clubs facing a transfer embargo be a good thing or a bad thing?

Which is why the purge of the "old" lot had to be done, not only because of the individual and collective underperformance, but also because of ongoing cost and the consequent  conflict with the FFP rules

Baszab

Well done to Magath then......for stripping out almost the entire squad from last year and leaving us with no players - told you he was a genius from the beginning - that was the point of buying Fotheringham

PaulJ123

Quite funny that the Nottingham Forest fan won that Sky Bet £250,000 transfer fund as well

Northern Cottager

Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 16, 2014, 07:17:03 PM
Quite funny that the Nottingham Forest fan won that Sky Bet £250,000 transfer fund as well

Haha, didn't know that!

It seems, to me, that kind of money doesn't buy much in our league but league one and below would make a huge difference. Would be better doing it in the lower leagues.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 16, 2014, 07:23:05 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 16, 2014, 07:17:03 PM

Haha, didn't know that!

It seems, to me, that kind of money doesn't buy much in our league but league one and below would make a huge difference. Would be better doing it in the lower leagues.

If they made it league two and the conference it would be brilliant for them. I agree there's not much point with the championship. Seems a waste to me
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

cmg

The great thing about the FFP regulations is that they are totally watertight and in no way advantage the very big clubs.

On a totally unrelated theme - how is Frank Lampard's career with New York City FC panning out?

westcliff white

rumour has it 50% paid by those clubs not all the salary, but we should still be OK I guess. That is unless we sign some big signings in January
Every day is a Fulham day

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on December 16, 2014, 07:51:08 PM

The great thing about the FFP regulations is that they are totally watertight and in no way advantage the very big clubs.

On a totally unrelated theme - how is Frank Lampard's career with New York City FC panning out?

Cute trick that. He's supposedly with NYCFC, but he's being used by Citeh as a home-grown player.

By the way, I keep posting on NYCFC's FB page about how New Yorkers will greet the guy who taunted American tourists about 9/11 right after it happened. I keep never hearing back about that.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

valdeingruo

Quote from: HatterDon on December 16, 2014, 08:18:05 PM

Cute trick that. He's supposedly with NYCFC, but he's being used by Citeh as a home-grown player.

By the way, I keep posting on NYCFC's FB page about how New Yorkers will greet the guy who taunted American tourists about 9/11 right after it happened. I keep never hearing back about that.

Proving if he can kick, hit or throw a ball in some sort of manner really well most people will overlook things.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Quote from: andersons11 on December 16, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

Proving if he can kick, hit or throw a ball in some sort of manner really well most people will overlook things.

Not an easy thing to overlook in NYC
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

valdeingruo

Quote from: HatterDon on December 17, 2014, 04:59:18 AM
Quote from: andersons11 on December 16, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

Not an easy thing to overlook in NYC

Well, if your postings have been largely overlooked it seemed it has, at least in my opinion. Even if they choose to give him grief the first time he feeds Villa for a goal they will start to rationalize forgiving him.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Skatzoffc

I gather we cant be "done" by FFP this year as we came down.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/which-championship-clubs-can-expect-to-receive-a-transfer-embargo-

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MJG

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 17, 2014, 03:25:00 PM

I gather we cant be "done" by FFP this year as we came down.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/which-championship-clubs-can-expect-to-receive-a-transfer-embargo-

COYW!

We can be done next year for what we do this year

Max Headroom

Bring back tunnicliffe then

Andy S

Yes QPR flouted the rules last season yet nothing happened to them

MJG

Quote from: Andy S on December 17, 2014, 04:29:40 PM
Yes QPR flouted the rules last season yet nothing happened to them
Because they are out of the FL,  but when they re apply next summer ;)they will have a fine or non admittance to the league hanging over them.

The Rock

It is simply amazing how far we have fallen that we feel truly fortunate to meet financial fair play rules.

I am thankful at least.

Mokes

Quote from: The Rock on December 17, 2014, 11:40:01 PM
It is simply amazing how far we have fallen that we feel truly fortunate to meet financial fair play rules.

I am thankful at least.

We would still be thankful for that though even if we were still in the Premier League...

General

How did Leeds have that when we gave them a large sum of however much for Ross?

Financial fair play rules permitting we did really well under Magath to get rid of some very high earners.