watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much will Khan spend?

Started by Brian McGod, December 22, 2014, 10:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian McGod

I'm all for blooding the academy and being sustainable financially but if Khan really is ambitious and then we need some further investment. I know it's not an easy time to buy players but do we think he'll spend much/at all in January?

MJG

Not much if at all.

I'm fairly happy with the squad and i dont think any number of purchases will make it possible for playoffs.
So we should try to move on players in January that Symons does not think will be around for the 15/16 season.
Work with what we have (loans recalled included) and then a reserve GK, central defensive midfielder and maybe another CB. Then in summer another couple of players as some more move on and then hit the ground running for 15/16

Roberty

How much could he spend - billions

How much can he spend - only as much as the "fair play" rules will allow

So my best guess is exactly that

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

Quote from: Roberty on December 22, 2014, 11:27:31 AM

being in America, surely he could get one of his mates or even the jags to sponsor us for millions. We used to have a fair bit of Harrodsburg advertising back in the day
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamben on December 22, 2014, 11:32:30 AM

being in America, surely he could get one of his mates or even the jags to sponsor us for millions. We used to have a fair bit of Harrodsburg advertising back in the day
why would an ipad come up with the word Harrodsburg instead of harrods
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

I'm going to guess 2/ 4 million. Like MJG I don't think we need to be too rash. I'd like to see players like voser, chihi, fazlic off the books.

When you look at our squad Saturday and add tunnicliffe, Kaca and amore/hoogland when fit I don't think we need that much.

Extend fofana ' s loan and loan out dembele for experience. Maybe hyndman too with tunnicliffe returning and hopefully a new midfielder.

I think the reserve keeper would be a bonus and only should be signed if the right one is available. Jamie ashdown was linked on a free and he might provide better cover than Kiraly.  

Ins
Ashdown- free
Defensive midfielder- 2 mill or loan
Winger- 2.5 mill or loan.
Fofana- loan extended

Outs
Fazlic
Chihi
Voser
Dembele- loan
Hyndman- loan
Smith- loan extended
Arturworrey- loan
Trotta
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on December 22, 2014, 11:33:22 AM

why would an ipad come up with the word Harrodsburg instead of harrods

Its yer search engine mate - I got someplace in darkest Kentucky!!!

Harrodsburg, the county seat of Mercer County, was founded in 1774 by a stalwart band of pioneers led by James Harrod, of Pennsylvania. It was the only "colonial" city and the first permanent English settlement west of the Allegheny mountains. Referred to as the "Birthplace of the West," Harrodsburg has a proud and remarkable heritage.
From here the pioneers filtered through - conquering the wilderness and going on to populate and settle the rest of the Western frontier. Harrodsburg was first the county seat of Fincastle County, Virginia, then Kentucky County Virginia. When Kentucky County was divided into the counties of Fayette, Jefferson and Lincoln, Harrodsburg was the county seat of Lincoln County, which at that time covered over a third of the soon to be state.
In 1785 Mercer County was taken from Lincoln and Harrodsburg remained the county seat of Mercer County. The Kentucky territory became a state in 1792.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Roberty

After the ground has been renamed by our sponsor - I look forward to asking a cab to take me to the Victoria's Secret Cottage
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

VicHalomsLovechild

Difficult one isn't it. If we did go up, then we would probably come straight down with the current squad. If we wait till the summer then we'd add several players at once and have the usual integration problems. I think we have a squad full of talent which should be twicked at every available chance.
With Khan at the helm things of late have gone right for the club and we go into Christmas in pretty good shape.

Nick Bateman

I wonder why Fulham have to wait until the January window.  This only applies to the Premier League and major European leagues, but being in the Championship we can buy talent from this division and below.  Surely there are some other "Ross McCormacks" out there??
PS:  We need a decent left-winger.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

westcliff white

I don't think we (or any club for that matter) can buy from any where until January, surley if it was correct that we could then the club would be on the case, or if they don't perhaps you can point them to the documents that say we can buy players
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 22, 2014, 01:06:33 PM
I wonder why Fulham have to wait until the January window.  This only applies to the Premier League and major European leagues, but being in the Championship we can buy talent from this division and below.  Surely there are some other "Ross McCormacks" out there??
PS:  We need a decent left-winger.
So many things wrong in this post.

Classic94

Agree with the general consensus - whether or not the financial fair play allows, we really don't need to spend heavily in January.

- Recall Kacaniklic & Tunnicliffe.
- Extend Fofana's loan.
- Clear the deadwood - Voser, Fotheringham, Fazlic, Chihi...
- Add a capable reserve GK, a defensive player, and an attacking midfielder if Ruiz and/or David leave.
- Loan out some of the kids - Burgess, Arthurworrey Casasola, Cole...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Classic94 on December 22, 2014, 01:33:19 PM
Agree with the general consensus - whether or not the financial fair play allows, we really don't need to spend heavily in January.

- Recall Kacaniklic & Tunnicliffe.
- Extend Fofana's loan.
- Clear the deadwood - Voser, Fotheringham, Fazlic, Chihi...
- Add a capable reserve GK, a defensive player, and an attacking midfielder if Ruiz and/or David leave.
- Loan out some of the kids - Burgess, Arthurworrey Casasola, Cole...

I forgot to mention fotheringham lol. Funny how you can forget players that quickly
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

Quote from: Brian McGod on December 22, 2014, 10:50:05 AM
I'm all for blooding the academy and being sustainable financially but if Khan really is ambitious and then we need some further investment. I know it's not an easy time to buy players but do we think he'll spend much/at all in January?

I honestly think if Kit went to him and said I need to buy player x, y or z unless it was really silly money  funds would be made available.
I actually do not believe we need to spend fortunes at the moment. However in summer when there is more movement of players we should spend whatever it takes.

PaulJ123

I keep seeing us being linked with Matt Richie, I just don't see why he'd join us. We could probably offer him more money than what hes on now but surely if he got promoted he'd get a new contract or a prem team would come in for him

terryr

I have a mate who works for the New York Giants ( NFL team). He claims that he heard a board room discussion regarding Khan and Fulham which indicated our owner was preparing a £18 million war-chest and that 3 or 4 players were not only already identified but discussions were well on the way.
He knows nothing about football ( the round ball variety) and though he heard the names of the players he couldn't remember who they were other than they sounded "German" and "Italian". Now this is a very tenuous rumour, but he had no reason to fib nor to wind me up.
Silly to report this really but I suppose its worth it to toss in the mix.
086.gif
Please be kind in your reactions.........

westcliff white

Quote from: TerryR on December 22, 2014, 06:53:23 PM
I have a mate who works for the New York Giants ( NFL team). He claims that he heard a board room discussion regarding Khan and Fulham which indicated our owner was preparing a £18 million war-chest and that 3 or 4 players were not only already identified but discussions were well on the way.
He knows nothing about football ( the round ball variety) and though he heard the names of the players he couldn't remember who they were other than they sounded "German" and "Italian". Now this is a very tenuous rumour, but he had no reason to fib nor to wind me up.
Silly to report this really but I suppose its worth it to toss in the mix.
086.gif
Please be kind in your reactions.........
what have the giants got to do with Shad Khan? and why would it be discussed in an NFL environment?
Every day is a Fulham day

terryr

I think NFL owners talk together
Its a sort or Billionaires club where bragging about other sports teams they own is part of the banter. There are a couple ( the Galziers Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Man U for one) NFL owners who own European football teams.
Like I said it is a tenuous rumour at best and only popped up in passing when I told him I supported Fulham and go to most of the home games.

MJG

Personally would not spend that much atm. Get promotion and no matter what team you have you need to buy five first team players anyway.  Save it till a summer when we get up.