more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (23/12/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 22, 2014, 05:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack rubbishes Fulham exit talk

Staying put: Ross McCormack in action with Sheffield Wednesday's Jose Semedo on Saturday
Ross McCormack has vowed to repay Fulham for spending £11million on him in the summer.

The striker was top scorer in the Championship with Leeds United last season, but has managed just five league goals in 21 games for his new club.

McCormack has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage, just six months after his arrival in west London.

Boss Kit Symons insists the Scot is still part of his plans, and the 28-year-old says he's determined to prove his worth to Fulham after helping them put Sheffield Wednesday to the sword on Saturday.

Hands off! Kit Symons says McCormack is not for sale
He said: "I'm happy here. Fulham paid a nice bit of money to bring me here and I'm just looking to repay them by giving good performances.

"The manager has not even said anything to me about the reports, so that shows you how much truth there are in them. That's the world we are living in. I have read it and a few of the lads have been having a bit if banter."

McCormack's superb free-kick set the Cottagers on their way to victory against the Owls as goals from Shaun Hutchinson, Lasse Vigen Christensen and a Cauley Woodrow penalty sealed a thumping 4-0 win.

The Cottagers leapfrogged their opponents in the table, but they are still 10 points off the play-off places, despite back-to-back wins.

Fulham players celebrate after Shaun Hutchinson scores the second
"We're moving in the right direction," McCormack added. "I've been in this league seven or eight years and I know that if you keep winning your home games and pick up points away you're going to go far.

"With the spirit that we've got within the squad the sky's the limit. It's just a shame that the first eight games only gave us a return of one point or else we would fancy ourselves to be in the mix.

"There's no talk within the squad of making the play-offs or the top two. It's just a case of taking each game as they come and see where that takes us."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-mccormack-rubbishes-fulham-exit-8324755?

WhiteJC

Fulham target January move for AFC Bournemouth winger

Kit Symons' Fulham are eyeing a January move for AFC Bournemouth winger Matt Ritchie, according to The Football League Paper.

The 25-year-old winger has been a standout performer in Eddie Howe's side this season, and his electrifying performances have seen acquire attention from other clubs.

Ritchie joined AFC Bournemouth from Swindon Town in 2013 for a mere £500,000, and he is now said to be worth in the region of £4 million.

It is unlikely Cherries boss Eddie Howe will want to let one the club's best players leave, however if a sizeable offer was tabled a move might seem more likely.

The Cherries currently sit top of the Sky Bet Championship table, having accumulated 42 points from 22 league games.

It is the amount of goals the Cherries are scoring that is really catching the eye, with the club currently the highest scoring team in English football, having amassed 50 goals already.

Ritchie played a pivotal role in Bournemouth's 6-1 demolition of Blackpool at Bloomfield Road last Saturday, with the Gosport-born winger scoring two goals in the match.

After the Blackpool game, Howe spoke of his delight about the win to the Guardian, and admits it was the Cherries best performance this season.

"The win was right up there as our best performance. I think it's even more impressive when you consider the pitch. When we got here we were disappointed with the state of it and thought this was going to be a difficult afternoon, Howe said to the Guardian.

"We haven't always been that ruthless. That's hopefully another side of our game being developed. There have been times where we've been in total control and haven't really put teams to bed. A couple of times now we've given teams heavy defeats and hopefully there's more to come. We're delighted with where we are but there are big tests to come."

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-target-january-move-for-afc-bournemouth-winger/?

WhiteJC

Fulham's ex-Leeds star Ross McCormack comments on Derby speculation

Former Leeds United striker Ross McCormack says he does not believe he will be leaving Fulham for Derby County.

Ross McCormack has dismissed suggestions he could be sold by Fulham just months after joining the club.

The Scotsman signed from Leeds United in the summer in an £11 million move, but has scored only five Championship goals for the club so far.

The Mail suggested last week that Derby County could look to sign him if Fulham decide to try and recoup some of the money spent on the striker in January.

McCormack has however given short shrift to the newspaper's claims, even admitting he has been joking about them with teammates.

He told WestLondonSport: "The manager has not even said anything to me about the reports, so that shows you how much truth there is in them.

"Newspaper speculation is the world we are living in. I have read it and a few of the lads have been having a bit of banter about it.

"I'm happy here. Fulham paid a nice bit of money to bring me here and I'm just looking to repay them by giving good performances."

Manager Kit Symons dismissed the claims last week, and given that McCormack has done little to inflate his price tag above the £11 million Fulham paid, and fact the club would have to accept an early loss to sell him, a sale looks like a non-starter.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/22/fulhams-ex-leeds-star-ross-mccormack-comments-on-derby-speculati/?

WhiteJC

'Getting Personal' with Ryan Tunnicliffe

Ryan Tunnicliffe is the next player in the hot-seat for our feature where we get to know the person behind the player...
What's your earliest memory?

My earliest memory is probably getting run over on my bike when I was at nursery or reception! I would have been about four or five at the time. I went flying round a corner and got hit by a car. It didn't hurt – I was made of steel back then! I just got up, cycled home, went and sat in my room and my mum grounded me because I wouldn't tell her what had happened!   

What sort of child were you?

Cocky. Very cocky! I would answer back all the time, to the elders on my street and the older lads who I used to play football with. I got a few beatings for it!

What are you best at outside of football?

I don't know really, I've not got many hobbies. I'm just best at chilling out probably. When I've got some spare time, I just like sitting on the couch, watching TV box-sets and hanging around with my mates. I don't really do anything else other than football.

What would you like to be better at?

I know a lot of people say golf, but probably golf myself. I'm not really into it, probably because I'm not the best at it, but I wouldn't mind being good at it. It's nice to play a round of golf on a sunny day and it would be nice to play a full 18 rather than getting bored after six because I'm really, really bad at it!   

Tell us a secret about yourself?

I suppose one secret everyone always asks me is about being a (Manchester) City fan and I always deny that to the death. But if I'm being deadly truthful, I did quite like them a bit when I was younger, because of my dad. So I used to support both City and (Manchester) United – if that's even possible! I wouldn't say I was a City fan, but I did like them. They were my guilty pleasure, when I was about eight.   

What is your most treasured possession?

Probably my (Manchester) United debut shirt. Obviously growing up in the youth team and 10-12 years in the making of trying to get there, when I finally did, I think that's got to be up there with anything I could ever do. It's framed in one of my rooms at home, with a little plaque under it, saying the date and who it was against (Newcastle). That means a lot to me to be fair.

Who is the biggest star name in your phone book?

Rio Ferdinand. It's got to be, given however many England caps he's got. He's been there and done it, so I'd have to say him.

What has been your most embarrassing moment?

Probably when I was in school, I remember playing football in the playground around this time of year and as I've gone to have a shot, I slipped on my left foot and knocked myself out! When I woke up, however long later, I was sat eating my dinner! I think I must have slipped on some ice, landed face first, out cold and when I woke up I was eating a sandwich!

Who do you most admire?

Probably Scholesy (Paul Scholes). Even though he's not playing any more, when he was playing and the clips that you watch of him now, he was untouchable. You couldn't get near him. So from my generation, he's probably the best footballer that I've seen. Off the pitch as well, you never heard anything from him, he didn't like the limelight, didn't do any interviews and he was never in the bad eye of the public, so I think it's got to be him.

Your house, your football boots and your car – which do you clean first?

I'd say my house first – I can't be living in a scruffy house! And then it's probably a close third for the other two, because I'm not too bothered about either. I'd say my boots, because I'm too lazy to get my car cleaned. 

Could you survive in the wild on your own?

I'd like to think so, because I've watched a lot of Bear Grylls. Saying that, I don't remember half the stuff he's said, but I reckon I could until I got rescued!

What kind of people do you dislike?

I can't stand to be around arrogant people, which is probably a familiar answer for everyone, but I've got no time for people like that. 

What makes you angry?

A lot of things – I've got a bad temper! A lot of stupid things really, like if I get beat on the PlayStation or if I'm playing online and I get a bad connection on the internet. Things like that make my blood boil! Obviously because I've got no control over it, stupid little things like that get me so angry.

How many close friends do you have?

Close friends, who I've known for a while and I trust with my life, I could probably count them on one hand. Obviously you make a lot of other friends, but I would say four or five close friends, who I met around school time and stuck with them for 8-10 years now and they come to all the games. They're the people that I always hang around with.

Ryan-Tunnicliffe-8-4x3

What is the funniest thing that you've seen recently?

Probably this morning (Tuesday) actually. I saw a guy slip on some ice as he was crossing the road. I was driving and I tried breaking and almost skidded into a car. Then just as I was driving off, this guy tried crossing the road and slipped right on his back. It was funny. Harsh, but funny!

What is the worst/best decision you have ever made?

The best decision is probably signing for (Manchester) United, because it's got me to where I am today. Deciding not be a 'normal' child if you will and putting everything into trying to be a footballer and making it. Worst decision I would have to say drink-driving. That was well-documented in the papers. Even though I didn't intend to go out drink-driving – it was the day after – I could still have waited another day. So even though I didn't mean to do it, it was probably still the worst decision that I've made, because of all the bad press that I got and I got banned from driving and it's not good to have on your CV.   

What has been your most bizarre life experience?

I was on holiday in Turkey with my parents when I was about 12 or 13 and I saw a guy dive off a mountain into the sea and that blew my mind! He must have been about a mile up, it was that high, and he dived off, landed and then just popped back up. To this day, I can't believe how he's done that!   

What are three things that you would like to do before you die?

I'm quite easily pleased to be honest, so I'm not too mithered. I'd probably like to do a sky dive, just the once. I'd like to go travelling, but that's obviously got to wait until when I've retired. I wouldn't mind either doing a tour of America or Route 66 in a campervan. Something just chilled out. Or I wouldn't mind going to Australia somewhere. Finally, have a kid. I've always wanted children, so that would be something I'd like to do before I die.

What team(s) do you support outside of football?

Wigan rugby league. I'm a big fan of them. That was my first sport growing up, because my mum and dad both played it and that's what I was brought up around, so I'd say Wigan Warriors.

Are you an animal person? Do you have any pets?

Yes, I've got a dog. A chocolate Labrador, two years old. I used to have a dog when I lived with my mum, but obviously I went to Peterborough and Ipswich, so I let my mum keep that dog. Then when I started living on my own, I got myself a dog as well. So I'm a big dog fan.

What last kept you awake at night?

The dog being sick probably! He's had a bit of a bad stomach recently, so I can always hear him in the night retching, so obviously you have to go down and see him and clean him up.

What film, no matter how many times you've seen it, do you have to watch when it's on?

Coach Carter. I watched it when I was younger and was just hooked. Honestly, I must have seen it at least 100 times! Whenever it's on the telly, no matter what stage it's at, I'll always watch it.

Tell me about the last time a team-mate got angry with you. What happened?

It's got to be (Shane) Duffy – he's always angry with me and always shouting at me. He always likes to get on my back in training and in games especially. Even if I'm doing something good, I could always be doing something better.

Ryan-Tunnicliffe-3-4x3

What business would you love to start?

I wouldn't mind getting into property. It would be nice to either buy houses and rent them out or buy houses and do them up.

Did you have any other jobs when you were younger?

Nothing. Just football from the age of nine to the present.

Could you find your way around a foreign country using just a map?

No chance! I'm not too bad with directions. Once I've done something, I'll be able to remember it, but if I had to do it straight off with a map, I don't think so.

What are you most proud of? 

Again, probably my (Manchester) United debut. There's about seven billion people on the earth and I reckon a big number of them would like to play for Man United, so to be sat here now saying that I have done that, it doesn't get much better.

What is your idea of fun? If given a chance to skip training for a day, how would you spend your day off?

Probably just chill out. It's not the most fun thing to do, but it's a hard season and you train everyday, so it's just nice to get up when you want, have a lie on the couch and take the day as it comes.

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Probably mussels or an oyster. I didn't enjoy that! It was clinging to my throat all the way down! I could never eat one of them again.

If you could eliminate one thing from your daily schedule, what would it be and why?

Probably walking the dog. Even though I bought him and I love him, having to find the motivation to get up and take him out at about six or seven o'clock, especially now that we're in winter when it's freezing, is annoying, but it's got to be done. 

What's the one thing you can't live without?

The telly. If I didn't have the telly, I wouldn't know what to do with myself around the house. I'd be sat there staring at the wall and would probably go insane after a couple of days!

Ryan-Tunnicliffe-7-4x3

Would you rather...

... skip Christmas for a year or skip your birthday for a year?

Birthday.

... live without your computer/laptop or your television for the rest of your life?

Computer.

... be able to fly whenever you want or be invisible?

Fly.

... have a beautiful house and ugly car or ugly house and beautiful car?

Beautiful house.

... visit the world 1,000 years into the past or 1,000 years into the future?

Past.

... be rich and ugly or poor and good looking?

Rich and ugly.

... go sky diving or deep-sea diving?

Sky diving.

... have a chef or a cleaner?

Cleaner.

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/ryan-tunnicliffe-2136791.aspx#wSkdOYy3CkZZ70Pc.99

WhiteJC

Lasse Happy For Fans

Lasse Vigen Christensen was delighted his Fulham side were able to give the supporters the ideal Christmas present at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

The 4-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday was a treat for the senses for the home faithful, and Christensen was pleased with the response to our previous match in SW6 against Watford.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, he said: "It was what we wanted to do, coming off a bad home game last time where a team did what we did to Sheffield Wednesday, to us.

"So obviously we wanted to come out and show our home fans that we play good football and we can win games. It was a nice Christmas gift to give the fans.

"Obviously score-wise, with a clean sheet and four good goals, it was a good day, but it's never going to be a perfect performance.

"In the first half I don't think we played as well as we could – I don't think we moved the ball and they didn't let us play as much as we would have liked. There's never really a perfect game but you can't really complain and there aren't many things that we could have done better."

Christensen scored the match-clinching third goal, where he countered to devastating effect having collected the ball in his own area following a Wednesday corner.

"It was one of them that when I picked it up in my own box I was looking to pass it," he explained. "But all of a sudden everyone just ran to the sides and the pitch opened up for me so I just kept going.

"I felt like I had good legs so I just kept going and tried to slide Hugo [Rodallega] in, and he made a terrific pass back in to open it all back up again.

"It was me and George [Williams] against one, and their defender kind of went to George thinking I was going to pass it to him so I took it back in and managed to find a good finish, so I was happy about that."

It was the 20-year-old's fifth goal of the season. Throw into the mix the five assists he's laid on for his teammates and the youngster has proven to be one of Fulham's most productive individuals in 2014/15.

"I can't complain," he admitted. "I didn't really expect anything in terms of goals and assists, it's just one of those things that have come along with everything.

"As you start getting a few, you start growing in confidence. All the boys give the ball in good positions and I obviously try and do the same for them, and it's just been working out.

"It's something I'm looking to keep doing because right now it's helping us win games, and that's the most important thing."

The Whites are currently occupying their best league standing of the campaign to date in 13th, with the 4-0 win on Saturday proving just enough to move them above Wednesday on goal difference.

"Someone said that before the game," Christensen stated. "Sheffield Wednesday were just on top of us and if we wanted to get above them we needed to win by four. It's one of those that you joke about because you can't go out before a game and expect to win 4-0.

"So it wasn't something we thought about but it's obviously a great thing to go out and do and show that we can win by four goals against the team above us – it's a big statement."

Christensen was especially pleased that Fulham strung back-to-back wins together, following on from the previous success away at Leeds United.

It's only the second time the team have won consecutive league matches this season, and it's something the Denmark youth international knows we have to do with more regularity if a Play-Off charge is to become a reality.

"We've been talking about that for a while now," he said. "Consistency is a big thing in this league. We had a good spell at the start after Kit Symons came in where we didn't lose many games.

"We need to keep that going, not getting beat, getting good away points, good away wins, and then getting as many points as we can at home.

"That's what we need, we all know that, even though we're doing well now. Lose-win-lose-win-lose-win won't do it for us, we need to get more consistency."

A tough test lies in wait for the Whites in the next outing on Boxing Day, as Sky Bet Championship leaders Bournemouth provide the opposition.

But Christensen insists his side have nothing to fear when they take on the Cherries.

"I've said before that I'm quite confident against any team in the league," he stated. "If we play like we did on Saturday, and how we have done quite a few times this season, then we have a good chance of getting something away there as well."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/december/22/lasse-happy-for-fans?

WhiteJC

Championship paper talk: Fulham striker determined to repay lofty price tag after rubbishing exit talk as Birmingham move to tie down keeper

Check out a summary of the latest headlines from around the division

What is happening elsewhere in the Championship?

Bournemouth retained their stranglehold at the top of the Championship after a stunning 6-1 success at Blackpool, to leave the Seasiders firmly in the relegation mire.

Ipswich Town replaced Middlesbrough in second by beating the Teessiders 2-0, while Brentford moved into third with an impressive 3-2 win at Cardiff City.

At the bottom, Wigan Athletic lost out to Rotherham United in a relegation six-pointer, while Brighton and Hove Albion were only denied all three points at Wolves by a last-gasp equaliser from Danny Batth.

And there are plenty of transfer rumours floating around, with the January transfer window opening in two weeks' time.

For all the latest headlines from around the Championship, have a look at our summary below from various local newspapers and websites.

Birmingham City: Goalkeeper Darren Randolph could be in line for a new deal with the Blues after manager Gary Rowett admitted the club will look to tie the No.1 down following on from a string of impressive performances during his tenure. (Birmingham Mail)

Blackburn Rovers: Gary Bowyer felt his side had successfully put a week of negativity firmly behind them after securing all three points in a 2-0 win over Charlton Athletic, with special praise reserved for two-goal hotshot Jordan Rhodes. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Blackpool: Defensive stalwart Nyron Nosworthy is today awaiting the results of a scan to determine whether or not he has suffered a groin tear after pulling up an hour into the humiliating 6-1 defeat to Bournemouth. (Blackpool Gazette)

Bolton Wanderers: An ambitious Neil Lennon feels his side can aim for the top six in the New Year and has indicated teams above the Whites are now starting to look nervously over their shoulder at his resurgent charges. (The Bolton News)

Bournemouth: In-form wideman Matt Ritchie believes his status as the top creator in the division and his ability to score goals too has come about as a result of manager Eddie Howe offering a freedom to each of his players on the field. (Bournemouth Echo)

Brighton and Hove Albion: Darren Bent has issued a use me or lose me ultimatum to Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert after admitting he is relishing his loan spell with the Seagulls, who he is keen on remaining with. (The Argus)

Fulham: Striker Ross McCormack has dismissed suggestions he could be set for a Craven Cottage exit just months after arriving at the club and has vowed to replay the £11m spent on him in the summer. (Get West London)

Ipswich Town: Goalscoring midfielder Jay Tabb has warned his side that only half the job has been completed in trying to achieve promotion to the Premier League in a move to try and temper the growing excitement within Portman Road. (East Anglian Daily Times)

Leeds United: Forward Billy Sharp has told his team-mates they must take confidence from a rare and battling draw away from home after holding Nottingham Forest to a 1-1 stalemate. (Yorkshire Evening Post)

Middlesbrough: Adam Clayton has revealed each and every one of the Boro team who lost at Ipswich are determined to put it right quickly and cannot wait for their Boxing Day clash with Nottingham Forest to give manager Aitor Karanka a much-needed reaction. (Gazette Live)

Millwall: Lions boss Ian Holloway is hoping he will be armed with funds to spend in the January transfer window after conceding he will not be able to wait until the summer to strengthen his underperforming squad. (News at Den)

Norwich City: Manager Neil Adams has praised striker Cameron Jerome's return of 11 goals for the club since arriving in the summer and never doubted his ability to be a prolific goalscorer at this level. (Eastern Daily Press)

Nottingham Forest: Frustrated Stuart Pearce has challenged his side to rediscover their nerve if they are to resurrect their bid to break into the top six during the festive period. (Nottingham Post)

Reading: Royals boss Steve Clarke could be set for a huge fitness boost after it emerged midfielder Danny Guthrie could be set for a return to action against Brighton on Boxing Day. (Get Reading)

Sheffield Wednesday: An extremely disappointed Stuart Gray has told his players they owe the club's supporters a top performance against Blackpool on Boxing Day after a 4-0 drubbing at Fulham. (The Star)

Wigan Athletic: The Latics' woeful weekend has been compounded by news of a hamstring injury for central defender Leon Barnett, who is now a doubt for the remaining fixtures across the festive period. (Wigan Today)

Wolves: Kenny Jackett admitted Bakary Sako would be sorely missed by his side in January during his African Cup of Nations exertions after delivering a stunning man-of-the-match performance in the 1-1 draw with Brighton. (Birmingham Mail)

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-paper-talk-fulham-striker-8329641?

WhiteJC

Why Woodrow Took that Penalty!

With the game won and Fulham cruising at 3-0, just why did Ross McCormack give up his role as the official Fulham penalty taker.

After all, having cost £12 million, from Leeds, and finding goals a lot harder to come by in the white shirt of Fulham than the white shirt of Leeds United, a 93rd minute penalty is something akin to a gift horse.

Recalling the events of Saturday afternoon, Ross explains,

"Everyone knows I`m the penalty taker but its 3-0, the games won in the 93rd minute and when I was young I would have loved one of the first team guys to give me a chance like that.

"I`m not a selfish player who thinks I need to score. It is more important for Cauley to get on the score-sheet than it is how many goals I get.

"I think he is on a goals bonus and I`m not - so I will be having half of that."

I could make a joke about a Scotsman there but perhaps it is better if I don`t - lol.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=381094#ixzz3MeExpPeR

WhiteJC

Christensen wants consistency
Lasse Vigen Christensen has called on Fulham to maintain their impressive recent form when they travel to Sky Bet Championship leaders Bournemouth on Boxing Day.

Fulham: Have won four of their last six games

The Dane netted his fifth goal of the season in Saturday's 4-0 thrashing of Sheffield Wednesday - Fulham's fourth win in their last six games.

Following a dismal start to the season, Kit Symons' side now sit mid-table, but Christensen insists the Cottagers can reach the play-offs with a strong run.

"We've been talking about that for a while now," he told the club's official website. "Consistency is a big thing in this league; we had a good spell at the start after Kit Symons came in where we didn't lose many games.

"We need to keep that going, not getting beat, getting good away points, good away wins, and then getting as many points as we can at home.

"That's what we need, we all know that, even though we're doing well now. Lose-win-lose-win-lose-win won't do it for us, we need to get more consistency.

"I've said before that I'm quite confident against any team in the league.

"If we play like we did on Saturday, and how we have done quite a few times this season, then we have a good chance of getting something away there [at Bournemouth] as well."

http://www.football365.com/fulham/9617298/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham in for Sears?

Kit Symons has already spoken about wanting to make a signing, or two, this coming transfer window.

Our astute manager has also spoken about spending Mr Khan`s money as if it were his own which suggests that he has no intention of wasting it.

Today the Daily Grapevine infers that one player Fulham Football Club might have an eye on is the Colchester striker - Freddie Sears

Down in League One, even though Colchester currently occupy one of the relegation places , Sears has netted 12 times thereby attracting the attention of ourselves and also Reading.

Could Freddie Sears, who has already played for one London team in the shape of West Ham United, be about to make a return to London with Fulham?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=381102#ixzz3MeFc7Mmn

WhiteJC

Fulham`s McCormack Going Nowhere!

Last week perhaps the biggest piece of transfer gossip doing the rounds related to Ross McCormack.

It suggested that Ross` Fulham career could be, already, coming to an end and that Fulham were looking to offload the Scottish international accepting that they would not get back anywhere near the £12 million they paid Leeds United for him.

Quite where the rumour started remains unknown.

However, talking about his future it seems that Ross is going nowhere with the striker remarking after the 4-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday

"I`m happy here. Fulham paid a nice bit of money to bring me here and I`m just looking to repay them by giving good performances.

"The manager has not even said anything to me about the reports, so that shows you how much truth there are in them."

That`s great to hear.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=381107#ixzz3MeFzE1bV

WhiteJC

Boxing Day Lays: Fulham to fluster flying Bournemouth

Michael Lintorn has found three Football League clubs to lay on Boxing Day: Bournemouth, Oldham and York...

Lay Bournemouth to beat Fulham @ 1.7

The final weekend before Christmas went delightfully for Bournemouth, as they thrashed Blackpool 6-1 away and their Championship co-leaders Middlesbrough were beaten by Ipswich. However, their recent home form is a concern: they have won just one in four in front of their fans, even suffering the indignity of a loss to Liverpool in the Capital One Cup! They conceded ten goals in that sequence.

Only Bournemouth and Brentford have collected more points than Fulham over the past 14 games, with the relegated west Londoners recovering from an abject start by winning eight and drawing three in that period. They have also prevailed on successive road trips in the same season for the first time since May 2011.

https://betting.betfair.com/football/championship/football-league-betting-previews-26-december-2014-221214-39.html?

WhiteJC

Magath: "English football is a complete joke"

Felix Magath, who was the Fulham manager until just three months ago, was scathing about his former employers and English football in general during a recent interview.

"The English find it hard to train. What sort of professional sportsmen can't train twice a day? For me it's a complete joke", the 61-year-old told sports website spox.com.

The German took over the reins at Fulham in February, but his tenure was short-lived as he was relieved of his duties in September.

When quizzed about his time in West London, he revealed: "Although it's true that the atmosphere at the club was really pleasant and a dream, this dream came at the expense of success".

Magath did reserve some kind words for the enthusiastic nature of English football supporters, but was swift to laud his own country even more: "Unlike Germany, who've enjoyed success for 50 years, the English haven't had any success in 50 years".

"Given the German mentality, we're extremely well-suited to team sports such as football. On the other hand the Fulham players had disciplinary problems and were very sensitive", he added.

Read more: Magath: "English football is a complete joke" - MARCA.com (English version)

bigalffc

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 23, 2014, 07:05:09 AM

Felix Magath, who was the Fulham manager until just three months ago, was scathing about his former employers and English football in general during a recent interview.

"The English find it hard to train. What sort of professional sportsmen can't train twice a day? For me it's a complete joke", the 61-year-old told sports website spox.com.

The German took over the reins at Fulham in February, but his tenure was short-lived as he was relieved of his duties in September.

When quizzed about his time in West London, he revealed: "Although it's true that the atmosphere at the club was really pleasant and a dream, this dream came at the expense of success".

Magath did reserve some kind words for the enthusiastic nature of English football supporters, but was swift to laud his own country even more: "Unlike Germany, who've enjoyed success for 50 years, the English haven't had any success in 50 years".

"Given the German mentality, we're extremely well-suited to team sports such as football. On the other hand the Fulham players had disciplinary problems and were very sensitive", he added.

Read more: Magath: "English football is a complete joke" - MARCA.com (English version)
Magath I would say that you were the joke- except what you did to our beloved club was far from funny. 2 world wars and 1 world cup doodah
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

the nutflush

Look at the league table you halfwit.  We had one point in eight matched under your demented regime.  You cost us promotion this year, end of. 

filham

[/quote)

Well he would say that wouldn't he.

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: the nutflush on December 23, 2014, 10:58:25 AM

Look at the league table you halfwit.  We had one point in eight matched under your demented regime.  You cost us promotion this year, end of. 
The man has the credibility of a slug. If he'd lived 80-90 years ago he'd have qualified as Adolph's No.2,in more ways than one.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.