Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (05.07.10)

Started by White Noise, July 04, 2010, 11:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fulham make shock move for League One manager

Published 23:00 04/07/10 By Alan Nixon

Lee Clark - cropped

Fulham are ready to make a move for old boy Lee Clark – and ask Huddersfield to let them talk to their impressive young manager.

Geordie Clark was a hero at Craven Cottage and could be interested in the quick chance to jump into the Premier League if the approach is granted.

Clark played at Fulham under Kevin Keegan and has a strong affection for the club. He cut his teeth at Huddersfield by taking them to the League One play-offs and is rated one of the best emerging talents.

Fulham have a short-list of three, with out-of-work Alan Curbishley and Mark Hughes also in the frame. but insiders reveal that Clark is the favourite - if Huddersfield owner Dean Hoyle will let him go.

Clark would not talk to Fulham - or be interviewed - unless he had permission from millionaire Hoyle.

His compensation is believed to be around £300,000.

Fulham have just collected close to £2.5million from Liverpool for Roy Hodgson and would be willing to pay for Clark who is the type of vibrant young boss they may need to follow on from their old manager's heroics.

Clark could speak to Fulham within 48 hours if he is cleared to go by Huddersfield. He would also take some of his backroom staff, including Derek Fazackerley and Terry McDermott.

It would be an ambitious move by Fulham to appoint such an inexperienced boss, but many shrewd judges believe Clark is destined for the top after playing under some of the top managers in the game.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-news-Lee-Clark-is-the-favourite-to-replace-Roy-Hodgson-as-Fulham-manager-article513821.html#ixzz0skteaUM8

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6244872,00.html

Monaco - Gud for England

Boss says Icelander will head back to the Premier League

Last updated: 4th July 2010   

..Monaco boss Guy Lacombe has confirmed that Eidur Gudjohnsen is heading for England.

Fulham and West Ham have both been linked with the former Barcelona and Chelsea star, whilst Tottenham - where Gudjohnsen spent part of last season on-loan - are also considering a renewed bid.

Lacombe admits he will not be standing in the Icelander's way and will let him leave the Stade Louis II.

"Gud is interested in England, and England is interested in Gud, so we should find a way out for him," Lacombe told Nice-Matin.

MLS offer
The news may also come as a blow to MLS side Kansas City Wizards, who revealed last week they had made an offer for the 31-year-old.

"We've made a formal offer to Icelandic striker Eidur Gudjohnsen," Wizards president Robb Heineman told Big Soccer.

"He's recently been at Tottenham (loaned from AS Monaco), and I'm relatively certain they will make an offer as well.

"This is the type of guy we want to go after: A world-class player who knows how to win championships.

"I'm hopeful we get this done, but it's going to be a bit of a waiting game."

White Noise

Zamora vows to stop sniggers

'FLATTERED' ... Bobby Zamora enjoyed being linked with an England call-up

Published: 02 Jul 2010

BOBBY ZAMORA is determined to have the last laugh on everyone who sniggered at Fabio Capello's glowing assessment of him.
Capello's announcement that the 29-year-old Fulham striker was one of the players who could "freshen up" the England squad after their World Cup debacle was used as a stick with which to beat the Italian.

But Zamora was hugely encouraged by the verdict of the Three Lions boss and has vowed to do everything possible to justify that faith in him.

He said: "People can read into that what they want - I just let that sort of reaction wash over me.

"It is flattering to hear the England manager single me out.

"It's nice to be linked with that and it's a big target for me once I'm 100 per cent fit again.

"I'm the sort of player who wouldn't even give a thought to being in the squad until I actually got a phone call from Fabio Capello.

"But the other day the words were straight out of his mouth, so that was good. There's always speculation about who might be in the squads but I'd rather hear it from the manager himself.

"Joe Bloggs might be laughing at the thought of me in the next World Cup but listen, that's four years away, and there's another big tournament before that. I feel I have four more years at the top level.

"I'm a hard worker, I've got a tough mentality from coming up the hard way and I'm always thinking about how to move on to the next step."

Boss Roy Hodgson has quit Fulham for Liverpool.

But Zamora sidestepped the question of whether he would follow the man who brings out the best in him.

Zamora, recovering from an Achilles problem, replied: "I've got two years on my contract and my concern now is to get back to full fitness and help the club stay in the top division again."

He will be easy to spot next season as he steps up his links with high-performance sports group Under Armour - wearing their orange boots and using the company's Recharge recovery suit to speed up recovery time.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3038078/Bobby-Zamora-vows-to-stop-sniggers-over-his-England-hopes.html#ixzz0skvkeNyu

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=203718
Fulham - Zola Link Peddled!
Interesting to see that on established Sunday paper is peddling a very interesting rumour!

According to the said paper, the players favourite to succeed Roy Hodgson as manager of Fulham Football Club is none other than the recently disposed of West Ham United manager, Gianfranco Zola.

The same rumour implies that the Sardinian and his West Ham cohort, Steve Clarke would be the ideal duo to continue where Roy left off with team bonding.

Not sure about this one myself, after all the duo hardly set the Premier League alight at West Ham although, admittedly, they were operating in trying circumstances, and would Zola be so keen to jump back into a high profile management role after getting his fingers burnt at Upton Park?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=203718#ixzz0smzP6OCd

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/sidwell_set_for_hammers_switch_535096/index.shtml
Sidwell Set For Hammers Switch

Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell is reportedly set to spurn Fulham and join West Ham instead for £3m.

The Cottagers had a bid for the former Chelsea and Reading midfielder accepted earlier this summer, but that move has now been halted due to Roy Hodgson's switch from Craven Cottage to Liverpool.

That has alerted a trio of other clubs, but Sidwell is keen on a move back to London so is likely to ignore any advances from North-West rivals Bolton and Blackburn.

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/04/2009680/usa-coach-bob-bradley-emerges-as-a-candidate-for-vacant?
USA coach Bob Bradley emerges as a candidate for vacant manger's job at Fulham - report

USA coach Bob Bradley has been touted as a possible replacement for Roy Hodgson at Fulham.

The Mail on Sunday claim that Bradley is being considered as the successor to new Liverpool boss Hodgson for the managerial post at Craven Cottage,

Bradley has spent his whole managerial career in America and is said to be keen on a  move to Europe following an impressive stint in charge of the USA national team.

The Mail also suggests that Bradley would look to bring several players from the USA international squad to Craven Cottage to join American star Clint Dempsey.

Fulham are said to want to have a manager appointed before the team arrive for at their pre-season training camp in Sweden on July 19th.

Former England and Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has been linked with the managerial job along with Alan Curbishley, Mark Hughes, Glen Hoddle and former Celtic coach Tony Mowbray.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/142942/Fulham-to-move-on-Sven-Goran-Eriksson/?
FULHAM TO MOVE ON SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON

FULHAM will this week make their move to try to tempt Sven Goran Eriksson to Craven Cottage.

The Swede is the their No.1 choice to replace Roy Hodgson, who left for Liverpool last week.

Starsport revealed last Friday that Fulham chief Mohamed Al Fayed was keen on the former England boss.

And the club now plan to make a formal approach to Eriksson's agent Athole Still and hope to begin negotiations by the end of the week.

Eriksson is available after coaching the Ivory Coast in the World Cup and is believed to be open to the possibility of working in the Premier League again.

Al Fayed and chief executive Alistair Mackintosh, who worked with Eriksson at Manchester City, will handle the talks although the pair are prepared to look elsewhere if a financially viable deal can't be thrashed out.

Alan Curbishley, USA coach Bob Bradley and another former City boss, Mark Hughes, have also been linked with the role.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/croatia-boss-bilic-fulham-talks-951421?
Croatia boss Bilic in Fulham talks

Slaven Bilic is emerging as a candidate for the manager's post at Fulham.

The People says chairman Mohamed Al Fayed is a huge admirer of the Croatia boss, and is keen to sound him out over the prospect of replacing Roy Hodgson.

Stuart Pearce has also entered the frame following the fall-out from England's World Cup nightmare.

But Bilic was approached about becoming manager before Hodgson began his reign in 2007 – and Fulham will try to tempt him away from his national side again as they move into a new era. The 41-year-old remained in contact with Fayed during Hodgson's time at Craven Cottage.

The Fulham owner even invited the whole Croatia side to Harrods when they played England in September, and is hugely impressed by Bilic's list of European contacts and impressive knowledge of potential transfer targets overseas.

Fulham return to pre-season training tomorrow and chief executive Alistair Mackintosh is being bombarded with applications.

WhiteJC

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/07/05/birmingham-city-urged-not-to-sign-bobby-zamora-97319-26786796/?
Birmingham City urged not to sign Bobby Zamora

EX-BLUES goal hero Paul Devlin has warned Alex McLeish away from Bobby Zamora during his search for the next St Andrew's strike star.

Having signed Nikola Zigic and persuaded Kevin Phillips to stay at the club, McLeish is still on the lookout for at least one other frontman to boost Blues' firepower next season.

Blues have been linked with a whole host of strikers over recent weeks. Carlton Cole, Antonio Di Natale, Peter Odemwingie, Katlego Mphela and Dieumerci Mbokani to name but a few, while McLeish backed out of a move for Palermo goal-getter Fabrizio Miccoli due to concerns over the severity of his knee injury.

However, one player that has attracted certain interest is Fulham's Europa League hero Zamora.

A bid, believed to be in the region of £6 million, was rejected by the managerless west London club earlier this week.

The indication from inside Blues is that they won't be held to ransom by Fulham and currently aren't prepared to up their offer for the 29-year-old.

And Brummie Devlin believes his old club would be wise to steer clear of Zamora.

The 38-year-old, who enjoyed two spells with his hometown club, feels that Blues already have a striker in the same mould as Zamora – Cameron Jerome.

Instead, Devlin reckons McLeish should be on the hunt for the next Phillips, as a younger version of Super Kev would give Blues the player they desperately need.

"Zamora's had his best season ever last year for Fulham but he's not the type of forward I would be going after," Devlin told the Sunday Mercury.

"Okay, Zamora's played a lot of Premier League football and I saw Blues linked with Carlton Cole as well, but both are very similar to Cameron Jerome.

"Blues need a different type of forward, somebody who would nick a goal out of nothing not someone big, strong, powerful and quick, who's going to bustle people over.

"They need somebody who, when the ball bounces in the box from a corner, he's there to tap it in. A real 18-yard box player.

Clinical

The ex-Sheffield United and Watford hitman continued: "I think what they're crying out for is a Kevin Phillips of 10, 11 or 12 years ago.

"They've got the pace and directness of Cameron Jerome, they've got the size and aerial ability of Zigic but one thing they do need, taking Kevin out of the equation purely because of his age, is a real clinical, natural finisher.

"That's obviously Kevin but I don't know how many games he'll actually play this season and I can't see him starting a lot.

"If they had Kevin Phillips ten years ago then that would have been the ideal prospect that they need now."

Devlin admits to having not seen a lot of Zigic, who arrived from Valencia in May on a four-year deal for £5 million, in action.

But, unexpectedly, the giant Serbian does remind him of a former team-mate.

"Obviously the first thing that people are going to notice is his size. It was similar when I was playing and we had Kevin Francis, if they're big and imposing then they tend to cause havoc.

"He's going to cause people a lot of worries."

Devlin admits that finding a Premier League expert at putting the ball in the back of the net will be easier said than done for Blues.

Yet he insists that the acquisition of a prolific goal-scorer remains crucial for Blues, especially if they want to build on their tremendous top flight campaign last season.

Devlin added: "They've been linked with a lot of different people and it's the hardest position to fill because people that get goals inevitably every team wants.

"It's certainly a difficult thing to get someone who can score a lot of goals because every team is after them.

"Blues were one of the lowest scorers in the league last season.

"Of course, it was a fantastic season and I think it exceeded everyone's expectations last season.

"But if they want to progress again then the thing that quite rightly needs addressing is the lack of goals."

WhiteJC

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/sources-ac-milan-interested-in-dempsey--fbintl_ro-dempsey070410.html
AC Milan interested in Dempsey

The World Cup form of United States star Clint Dempsey has attracted the interest of Italian club giant AC Milan, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

According to multiple sources, Milan officials have monitored Dempsey's progress for several months and were impressed enough by his efforts in South Africa to be considering a formal transfer bid.

Dempsey scored the USA's goal in its World Cup opener, a 1-1 draw with England. He also drew the foul which earned the penalty kick that Landon Donovan converted in the Americans' 2-1 extra-time loss to Ghana in the round of 16.

The 27-year-old has played midfielder and forward for English Premier League club Fulham for the past three seasons and has improved steadily to become a leading figure in the Cottagers' squad.

While Milan would be a big step up, the Italian club's new coach Massimiliano Allegri believes Dempsey's hard-working approach could add some backbone to a team that floundered last season. Former coach Leonardo was fired after Milan could only manage a third-place finish in Serie A last season, 12 points behind city rival and league champion Inter Milan.

"[Dempsey] brings a lot of action and energy but he can be creative too," said a Milan source who is close to the club's board. "There are some options on the table but Dempsey is a realistic one. A bid is very possible, and soon."

The source added that Dempsey's magnificent chip for Fulham in a victory over Juventus in last season's Europa League brought him to the attention of several Italian clubs.

Dempsey has settled into the squad at Fulham, but the London team's future plans were thrown into doubt this week when manager Roy Hodgson jumped ship to take charge of Liverpool.

Money is not a serious issue with Milan, which could easily afford the transfer fee of around $12 million that Fulham would command.

The deal mirrors the one that took American defender Oguchi Onyewu to Milan a year ago. Onyewu had been on the club's radar for several months, but his performance for the U.S. in the Confederations Cup convinced Milan he was the right man.

"[Fulham] are aware that if a club like [Milan] comes in it is hard for a player to say no," said a source close to Fulham. The source added that while no formal bid had yet been lodged the EPL club was "well aware" of Milan's interest.

WhiteJC

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/the-view-from-fulham?
The view from Fulham

Fulham season-ticket holder and author Richard Allen explains why he is disappointed to see Roy Hodgson leave Craven Cottage, but believes the Londoners' loss is very much Liverpool's gain...

Football teams have personalities, don't they?

Fulham's is, I think, derived largely from our beautiful old stadium and its riverside location.

The football at Craven Cottage is usually pretty decent and away fans seem to enjoy their visits. Fulham are an affable club, and if you ignore QPR and Brentford (it's for the best) you really won't find many supporters with a bad word to say about us.

So it is with Roy Hodgson, who was in many ways the perfect manager for Fulham. One of the game's gentlemen, Hodgson is always fair in his post-match interviews, never looking for excuses, never seeking to apportion blame.

He is well-read, well-travelled, and a football man through and through. His position as Fulham manager seemed entirely right, meant to be.

It didn't do any harm that he got results. When Hodgson took over in January 2008 we were in trouble. Lawrie Sanchez had done a few things right but results had been poor and the team demoralised. 

Hodgson came in, restored order, and patiently oversaw one of football's great escape acts, stewarding the team to survival on the last day of the season with a flurry of extraordinary wins.

Great stuff, of course, but it got even better. 

The next season (2008-09), Hodgson took essentially the same squad up to seventh place, which qualified us for the Europa League.

Now, Fulham being Fulham, a lot of fans worried that the extra games might land us in some kind of relegation trouble, but not a bit of it. In 2009-10 we finished safely in mid-table and took to Europe like a duck to water, scorching a path through the likes of Basel, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg, before finally coming unstuck in the final against Diego Forlan's Atletico.

It was an incredible season, doubly so if you have a look at the team that played in the final: Schwarzer, Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Duff, Etuhu, Murphy, Davies, Gera, Zamora. 

With no disrespect to those players (quite the opposite), to the untrained eye they might resemble a group of cast-offs and nearly men, players whose careers have been rescued from bad situations or from relative obscurity.

But under Hodgson they formed a resilient, brilliant team, solid enough to stand up to Shakhtar Donetsk's pinball football from outer space, determined enough to find four goals in a row to clobber Juventus, and good enough to hammer Manchester United 3-0 in the league (our second straight home win over Sir Alex's team). I'm shaking my head in wonder while I write this.

So it's fair to say that we're disappointed to lose Hodgson, arguably our best ever manager. But that's football isn't it?

Fulham's loss is Liverpool's gain. You have brought in a good manager, and just as importantly, a good man.

Cheers for everything, Roy.

Richard Allen is a Fulham season-ticker holder and has self-published four books about Fulham. The latest, looking back at the 2009-10 season, contains a 50-page overview of Roy Hodgson's early career, and can be purchased for only £5 at www.godsfoot.com.

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7326
Welcome back Clarky?
by TOR on JULY 5, 2010

Will we be welcoming back a Cottage hero? So say The Mirror suggesting that insiders have said Lee Clark is the favourite to fill Mr Hodgson's shoes. I for one love Lee Clark. He was an integral part of the team that made me fall in love with Fulham all over again in the 2003-04 season, in fact he was there for 6 years from 1999 until 2005 making 168 appearances and scoring 22 goals.

He seems to be doing jolly well as manager of Huddersfield Town too. In his first season, he led them to a highest ever 9th in the league but he was certainly no one hit wonder there. Last season, his second in charge, Huddersfield Town reached the play-offs after finishing 6th. And he won the Manager of the Month not once, not twice but THREE times in a season.

I realise that the Premier League is an entirely different beast to League One but surely the principles of management are roughly the same? (She says hopefully....) Besides, Chris Coleman, another Cottage favourite, didn't do too badly when he came back to manage the team. It's gotta be worth a shot, surely?

WhiteJC

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/834011-roy-hodgson-rules-out-liverpool-move-for-brede-hangeland?
Roy Hodgson opens door for Brede Hangeland to Arsenal move after ruling out Liverpool transfer
Roy Hodgson has ruled himself out of signing any players from Fulham - including defender Brede Hangeland - leaving the way clear for Arsenal to swoop for the highly-rated central defender.

After quitting Craven Cottage to take over at Liverpool last week, it was widely reported Hodgson would look to 'raid' his former club for several players - including Hangeland, who had also followed the experienced coach from Norwegian club Viking to west London in 2008.

However, Hodgson has categorically ruled out any talk of poaching Fulham's stars as he looks to build a Liverpool squad in his image - saying it was one of the pledges he had made to Mohamed al Fayed when the Fulham chairman allowed him to leave for Anfield.

'I won't be raiding Fulham,' he said.

'I've made that commitment to the club, who were good enough, albeit reluctantly, to allow me to speak to Liverpool and take the job here.

'I have great respect for everyone there, I had magnificent support from the chairman Mr Al Fayed and the chief executive.

'And the one thing I made clear to the [Liverpool] chairman is that I certainly don't want to go in and raid Fulham FC because that wouldn't be the right thing to do.'

Hodgson's pledge leaves the way open for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to approach the Cottagers over Hangeland - who is reportedly considering his future at the club in the light of the former coach's departure.

The Gunners are in desperate need of reinforcements at the back following the release of out-of-contract defenders William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre, and a likely move to Celtic for veteran Sol Campbell.

Hodgson has so far refused to be drawn on the question of potential transfers to Liverpool, although speculation suggests he could be handed a £40million transfer kitty to begin restructuring the squad.

However, he has already made clear he wants to keep senior players such as Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher - not to mention top-rated striker Fernando Torres, who is again being linked with a move to another Premier League side thought to be Chelsea.

'I'll have to deal with the question of the sort of players we will be signing to a later date,' Hodgson added.

'I need to sit down with the coaches and the chief executive and discuss things first.'

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292084/Fulham-line-old-boy-Lee-Clark-replace-Roy-Hodgson.html?
Fulham line up old boy Lee Clark to replace Roy Hodgson as new manager: Craven Cottage chiefs plan talks with Huddersfield boss

Huddersfield boss Lee Clark has emerged as a shock candidate to replace Roy Hodgson as new Fulham manager.

The Barclays Premier League outfit are reportedly keen to hold talks with Clark as they actively search to fill the void left by Hodgson who departed for Liverpool last week.

Clark would be a popular choice among Fulham fans having spent six years at Craven Cottage between 1999 and 2005 and has impressed during his first year in management guiding Huddersfield to the League One play-offs last season.

And the 37-year-old Newcastle native could prove to be a cheaper option working with limited resources compared to the likes of Mark Hughes, Alan Curbishley and Sven Goran Eriksson who have all been linked with the vacant post in recent days.

However, Craven Cottage chiefs must first secure the permission of Huddersfield owner Dean Hoyle, who may be reluctant to allow his man to leave and it is understood Clark would respect any decision made by the Yorkshire club.

Clark, who would also take some of his backroom staff, including Derek Fazackerley and Terry McDermott, would cost Fulham around £300,000 in compensation and could hold talks with owner Mohamed Al Fayed this week if cleared by Huddersfield.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292084/Fulham-line-old-boy-Lee-Clark-replace-Roy-Hodgson.html?#ixzz0snYvqp9G

White Noise

http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2084340,00.html

CLARK ANSWERS FULHAM SPECULATION

Posted on: Mon 05 Jul 2010

Huddersfield Town Manager Lee Clark has moved quickly this morning to quash press reports that he will be moving to Fulham to take up the vacant managerial position.

The Cottagers are looking for a new manager after Roy Hodgson's recent move to Liverpool and reports in this morning's national press suggest that Fulham have or soon will be requesting to speak to former Fulham midfielder Lee and that he is on the verge on moving to Craven Cottage. However, Clark today strongly refuted any claims when talking to htafc.com:

"I've spoken to Dean Hoyle, the Chairman, this morning and he has had no contact from Fulham, our Chief Executive Nigel Clibbens has had no contact from Fulham and I have had no contact from Fulham," Lee explained.

"Most of the time I don't comment on speculation, but there has been absolutely no contact from Fulham and I don't want people to become unsettled.

"It came as a genuine surprise to me when I saw the story on television this morning, but I take the same attitude towards it that I do when our players get linked with clubs from a higher division - it's a good sign that these clubs are interested because it means that we are doing things right here.

"We've had a terrific first week of pre-season since the players came back on 28 June and we are all currently at our pre-season training camp - I'm completely focussed on getting things ready for the new season with Huddersfield Town.

"I've been in the process of strengthening the squad all summer and I'm really pleased with the signings we have made so far; hopefully there might be a couple more ahead of the start of the season.

"I don't want anything to detract from what it a massive season for our Club - and it won't."

Shop online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with www.htafcmegastore.com!

WhiteJC

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/834025-clint-dempsey-touted-for-ac-milan-transfer-as-fulham-exodus-fears-grow?
Clint Dempsey touted for AC Milan transfer as Fulham exodus fears grow
Fulham supporters sweating over the future of several of their star players were given further cause for concern this morning after rumours emerged that AC Milan are lining up a shock swoop for midfielder Clint Dempsey this summer.

The USA international was one of his side's best players as they won Group C ahead of England and were only knocked out in the last-16 by a spirited Ghana team in extra time.

And, following manager Roy Hodgson's departure for Liverpool and the subsequent speculation over a number of Fulham players' futures, Dempsey is now thought to be attracting interest from Milan and elsewhere around Europe.

Dempsey has apparently been recommended to the Rossoneri by his international team-mate Oguchi Onyewu, who is already a well-respected member of their squad despite being sidelined for most of his first season in Italy.

The club's owners have been impressed by the attitude and application of Onyewu, especially after his request to play for nothing when the club stood by him during his injury problems last season.

Meanwhile Dempsey's agent Lyle Yorks has dropped a big hint his client will leave Fulham this summer.

'There is a lot of interest from big clubs in Europe in Clint,' Yorks told the Major League Soccer website.

'And now you've got Roy Hodgson leaving for Liverpool... so there's a lot of different things going on.

'We've got a major club in Italy, a major club in France and a club in the Bundesliga. We'll be sorting through them in the coming weeks and also seeing what happens at Fulham.

'There's direct contact and discussions, but first they'd have to agree a deal with Fulham.'

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/July/HughesLeagueMatters.aspx?
League Matters
Monday 5th July 2010

Fulham's players return to Motspur Park on Tuesday morning for the start of their pre-season campaign ahead of the 2010/11 Barclays Premier League season.

The Whites head to Griffin Park next Wednesday evening (KO 8pm) to play Brentford in their inaugural friendly fixture and Aaron Hughes is already targeting another strong domestic campaign when the season gets underway at the Reebok Stadium on the 14th August.

"Our priority is to get off to a good start this season and make sure that the year after we're still a Premier League team," Hughes explained.

"Last season was an exception in that we had the European adventure but who's to say we won't be able to have another go at it after next year. I would say the bar has stayed the same.

"The thing that keeps this club running week-in, week-out is playing Premier League football so we've got to keep that as our top priority and I'm sure that's what it will be."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/July/HughesLeagueMatters.aspx?#ixzz0soAt0ZhE