https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if Clint goes...

Started by WhiteJC, July 05, 2010, 09:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

how will our support in the USA suffer?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

the ones who where here before will still be here and the ones that weren't might not be-simples :doh:

Lighthouse

If Clint goes away, on this summers day
Then you might as well take the yanks away
All the goals he scored when the ball did fly
When our Clint was new and our hopes were high
When the goal was young and the fright was long
And the World stood still on the night Juves song
If you go away, if you go away, if you go away
But if you stay, It will make our day
Like no day has been or will be again
We'll sail up the Prem, we'll hide all the strain
We'll talk up the fee and worship our friends
Then if you go, I'll understand
Leave me just enough love to hold in my hand
If you go away, if you go away, if you go away

WITH APPOLOGY to Rod Mckuen

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

6 less on the messageboard(s) will not bring us to financial ruin...

Logicalman

There is a def hardcore of Fulham fans here in the us (apart from the ex-pats of course) and that will not change.
New US fans are added every day by word of mouth and the successes enjoyed by some of Fulham players in the WC. Soccer is def on the up and up stateside, and apart from the usual 'plastics' of ManUre and Scum and Poo, most others prefer a 'real' team, one that they can identify with, one like Fulham.

aconnecticutyankee

I followed Fulham long before there were American players on the roster for reasons that I have forgotten now, maybe it was George Best I dunno...

os5889

RidgeRider

Quote from: os5889 on July 05, 2010, 01:13:57 PM
Personally I'd cry!

I will cry too because he is the one player I relate to most closely, however I love the PL (see Syd we are capable of calling it by it's proper initials  :dft012:) and love Fulham most. He leaves, I will shed a tear like OS, but Fulham will still be my passion.

PaulUMD

I think Fulham is attractive to US fans not only because of the American presence on the team, but it's a good, hard working team that's easy to root for.  Anyone can hitch themselves to the Big 4 bandwagons, but it's more fun to get a stake in a team like Fulham.

I'll root for Clint wherever he goes, but I'm a Fulham man now and that won't change.

Tom

Quote from: PaulUMD on July 05, 2010, 02:51:40 PM
I think Fulham is attractive to US fans not only because of the American presence on the team, but it's a good, hard working team that's easy to root for.  Anyone can hitch themselves to the Big 4 bandwagons, but it's more fun to get a stake in a team like Fulham.

I'll root for Clint wherever he goes, but I'm a Fulham man now and that won't change.
+1
Fulham for life!

Ichabod Magoo

It wouldn't hurt as much as when Brian McBride departed.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

YankeeJim

+ 2

It will be sad to see Clint leave. Given that he is 27 and will never be worth more, I belive he will cash in. Football is a business & with the deck stacked against all but 5 or 6, he will have to go for his financial future.

Me? I'm staying. Someone has to be illogical for logicalman. Someone has to keep Syd grumpy. And if I go who will protect the city of Liverpool from Finney?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.