more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR.. BBC News And Its Drama Over A Bit Of Snow

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 27, 2014, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Had to laugh at the way they over dramatise everytime we get an inch or
two of snowfall, you would think we were all doomed.
What would they do if they lived in Canada or Finland or wherever..Hillarious

Burt

Amazing isn't it?

My boss is based in Ottawa and they had 25cm a couple of weeks ago and it caused barely a ripple.

Andy S

Yes but if they said nothing people would complain about that as well

alfie

Quote from: Burt on December 27, 2014, 09:11:55 AM
Amazing isn't it?

My boss is based in Ottawa and they had 25cm a couple of weeks ago and it caused barely a ripple.

That is because they and Scandi countries get that type of snow all the time, we don't so when it happens people are just not prepared.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on December 27, 2014, 10:45:37 AM
Quote from: Burt on December 27, 2014, 09:11:55 AM
Amazing isn't it?

That is because they and Scandi countries get that type of snow all the time, we don't so when it happens people are just not prepared.

My topic isnt about that, its about how the BBC over react.
The weather girls face when she was on about it, like we were all doomed.
About an inch on ground, Scandanavia get it 6 feet deep.

ron

The reason everyone is so devastated is because we always get the wrong kind of snow, and it always comes along when we least expect it..

...and don't forget, the deadly centimetre of the white stuff follows hot on the heels of the unexpected fall of the wrong type of leaves from the trees on to railway lines, roads, etc.

It's so unfair that all these trials are heaped upon us. No wonder we are such a resilient people.....

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ron on December 27, 2014, 10:58:22 AM
The reason everyone is so devastated is because we always get the wrong kind of snow, and it always comes along when we least expect it..

...and don't forget, the deadly centimetre of the white stuff follows hot on the heels of the unexpected fall of the wrong type of leaves from the trees on to railway lines, roads, etc.

It's so unfair that all these trials are heaped upon us. No wonder we are such a resilient people.....

064.gif

robert

Yeah,I now live in Russian and the snow is so deep here is a celebration for me when the winter finally ends(About mid April).Always makes me laugh when I come back to the UK and hear people say its cold as for me its always Spring in Britain.Fulham win always warms me up though!!!

HatterDon

Perspective ...

The last time I moved to England was in January 1990. There was still damage all over southern Britain due to a freak hurricane that tracked up the Gulf Stream. There was some loss of life and several homes were destroyed. This had happened a few months earlier, but the letters to the editor were still going crazy complaining how the BBC, ITV, the newspapers and everyone else had been lax in warning the public. As I remember, the BBC television weather guy was still getting death threats.

Is it silly to go crazy over a bit of snow? Of course it is, but you can't blame the BBC for putting out a weather bulletin for Dorset every time Rabb C. Nesbit farts in a pub in Govan.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel