A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham player of 2014

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, December 27, 2014, 05:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is our player of the year in 2014 (2nd half of last season & 1st half of this season)?

Scott Parker
Brede Hangeland
Kieran Richardson
Cauley Woodrow
Ashkan Dejagah
David Stockdale
Fernando Amorebieta
John Arne Riise
Lasse Vigen Christensen
Marcus Bettinelli
Kostas Staflyidis
Nikolay Bodurov
Steve Sidwell
Hugo Rodallega
Ross McCormack
Bryan Ruiz
Other

Toby Ward-Smith

Who do you think has been our player of the calendar year (2014)? That is the end of last season and the beginning of this season. I selected 26 of our players this year who I believe our the most eligible candidates. However you may think otherwise. Personally I think Rodallega, Parker and Christensen have been our top 3, with Rodallega at number one because he has performed for a larger part of the year, specifically in the way he fought to keep us up, and the way he has taken to the championship like a duck to water. Of the players that have left I think that Sidwell was brilliant and it was stupid to release him. Roberts and Christensen would be my young players of the year, specifically Roberts for his youth cup exploits and Christensen for his performances in the first team this term.

Lighthouse

It shows how poor this year has been as there are really no outstanding candidates. Hard to argue against the three you pick. Certainly Parker has been a surprise to me as I never was a fan of his and I dread to think how we would be without him.

As for Rodders. I thought he was poorly used until Kit came in. LVC has certainly been the pick of the new players along with Bettinelli. But at apuch my vote goes to Parker.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

I voted bodurov because I couldn't see anyone else voting for him and he's been superb. LVC deserves it too. Possibly hugo because in this calender year he has delivered.  The opposite to parker who was absolutely awful second half of last year. He's been brilliant this season but across the whole year it should go to someone who was consistently brilliant.

On that basis it's between bodurov and LVC for me. Parker and Hugo behind them.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burt

It's a sign of how far we have fallen and how much instability we have had to endure on and off the pitch that there is no stand-out candidate for this.

If I had to choose anyone then it would be Scott Parker, for the following reasons:
1. He has stayed with us through thick and thin.
2. He has been about the only area of stability and continuity we have had.
3. He has had the most on-the-pitch impact. In the Championship, he is a quality player.
4. As club captain I am sure he has done much behind the scenes to keep things on an even keel.

FPT

I went for Hugo Rodallega; I tried to look at who has contributed for the whole year, Scott Parker being another. Two potentially vital goals last season, when he scored the winners against Aston Villa and then Norwich, but it was then not to be. He missed the first few of the season, but 9 goals and 6 assists is a satisfying return from the first half of the season.

Scott Parker, as mentioned earlier, also deserves a shout; he stayed when he probably could have left to be in the top division; he's a great character for the club, and you wonder how worse it could have been without his leadership. Kit has praised him openly, and it sums him up perfectly: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/december/05/a-fantastic-example.

Fernhurst

Didn't realise Scott and Bournemouth player Harry Arter are not only brothers -in- Law but very close as a family. According to yesterday's home programme Scott has been following  Harry's career since he was 7. After he got released by Charlton Arter played for Woking before making his way back to league football.

I voted for Scott, a sheet anchor amongst the madness.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

alfie

I voted for Scott if for nothing else his sheer dedication and commitment, whatever moans about him, the guy never gives up.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Parker is the only one who has made a large contribution in both this season and last. Hugo is second.

That in a nut shell explains why we were relegated.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ron

lvc as the discovery of a very lean spell.

Artful Dodger

Hugo for me by a whisker for having a good end of last season and great season so far since Kit brought him back in. I think LVC is our player of the year for 2014/15 but given this was a question on 2014 as a whole, Hugo gets the nod from me.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

dannyboi-ffc

Richardson anyone? One of our best players from jan- may. I was disappointed he left. Love Scott but he was brilliant last season in the 2013 half, from jan- may he was very poor and seemed to burn out. And now he's brilliant again and probably my favourite player but the question was the whole calender year which makes it difficult to award him it for me. He scored big brownie points for staying so I won't argue against it. I think bod is slowly developing an unsung hero mould of Aaron Hughes.  Quiet and quality letting others take the plaudits, that's why I voted for him.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FPT

Danny, Richardson would be in there; had he stayed the year, but if it's player of 2014, I think we've got to rule out those that were only here for 5 months of the 12. I am a big fan of Richardson, and I think he'd be a valuable asset to us had we kept him. Plus, South East London boy, eh.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FPT on December 27, 2014, 08:51:51 PM
Danny, Richardson would be in there; had he stayed the year, but if it's player of 2014, I think we've got to rule out those that were only here for 5 months of the 12. I am a big fan of Richardson, and I think he'd be a valuable asset to us had we kept him. Plus, South East London boy, eh.

He certainly is! Local to where I grew up. That's why I liked him, we're like brothers...... Both from the ghetto.......(yeah right).

I'm surprised he didn't go Palace for that reason but villa are a big club. Shame he didn't stay

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

J.Perkins

I'm the only one who voted of Richardson. He was definitely our best player post January, and he was playing in a much tougher league.

Buffalo76

Terry bloody Angus. Ask a daft question get a daft answer.

epsomraver

LVC for me , he has been a revelation and others obviously agree judging by the poll results so far

nose

Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 27, 2014, 09:41:14 PM

that is what i like to call a 'quality' answer with everything that is good about being a fulham supporter!

Wish i had thought of it.

I will not vote because we cross two seasons with so many changes.

filham

Quote from: Burt on December 27, 2014, 05:57:19 PM
It's a sign of how far we have fallen and how much instability we have had to endure on and off the pitch that there is no stand-out candidate for this.

If I had to choose anyone then it would be Scott Parker, for the following reasons:
1. He has stayed with us through thick and thin.
2. He has been about the only area of stability and continuity we have had.
3. He has had the most on-the-pitch impact. In the Championship, he is a quality player.
4. As club captain I am sure he has done much behind the scenes to keep things on an even keel.

Yes, this is how I feel but if we are looking ahead to May for player of the season then at this stage Christensen is the front runner.

Fulham76

Quote from: nose on December 27, 2014, 09:54:43 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 27, 2014, 09:41:14 PM

that is what i like to call a 'quality' answer with everything that is good about being a fulham supporter!

Wish i had thought of it.

I will not vote because we cross two seasons with so many changes.

Worryingly, Terry Angus would probably top the list, (even at his current age), compared with a lot of the crap that's played for us this year.

Deanothefulhamfan

I am surprised LVC is winning..... He has been our best player since Kit took over, but that is only 3 months of the year.....

Rodallega for me, doing very well this season and played a big part at the end of last season.

Parker was awful in the second half of last season, but has been excellent this season.