watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was Kamara becoming a Fulham Legend?...

Started by Tktd, February 01, 2010, 03:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

disatserous, mopey but on his day unplayable, clinical, fast, strong and arguably one of the best we've had in a long while - had all the natural attributes to be one of the best.... then add into the facts about how he scored those two against City and kept us in the league and then the one which got us into Europe - the last minute bicycle kick equaliser against tottenham and the sub appearance against hull where the first thing he did was knock bullard flat on his arse nearly getting a yellow card - seems to have done a lot for this club and won alot of admirers too... i personally am gutted to see him go and would've preferred to have got rid of aj and got Okaka and Beattie in. Oh well it's only a loan and we can get him back next season..

One thing though does strike me as a reason - maybe sanchez bought him in on massive wages and we've managed to get okaka and shorey in just because Celtic are paying Kamara's wages.

Also what's everyone make of Shorey?

I was browsing the villa forums etc and they seem to be confused due to lack of competition at LB which leaves them wanting but also are glad to be rid of him and I get the impresion they thought he was uselss!??!?!

Is he? I remember him getting headlines with Reading but e has been on the periphery of the Villa sidesince his move there and maybe O'Neill doesn't rate him!?

FatFreddysCat

No where near a legend, but still wish he was with us.

clintclintdeuce

fulham 3 man city 2

This is why, he is as much to thank for our Great Escape as anyone
The Dude abides.

bigalffc

I would have liked to keep Joe but I think there must be something between him & Roy.
Shorey certainly did not uproot any trees at villa but his past form suggests he has talent. Roy may be able to get it out of him for us. We certainly needed cover and competition at LB and as such I welcome his signing.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

The Rock

I will always love him for Citeh away.

He's hot and cold and getting old, injured a lot it seems.

I guess going forward I'd rather have Okaka on similar wages, 10 years younger, with proven skill already and loads of potential.

LRCN

Nowhere near a fulham legend. But his role in the great escape and then securing european footy will be legendary, none more so than them 2 goals at citeh.

as for shorey, he's fallen away at villa, so much so that they prefer playing luke young at left back (he's a right back) over him. but he was impressive at reading, so let's hope he plays like he did then. From what I've heard he's slow but very good on the ball and decent defensively.

Jimpav

No, he had some great moments for us and we will always be indebted for his role in the Great Esape but never showed the personality or character needed to be a legend.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Legend? are you have a laugh?????

good player on his day? Yes
does his day come often? No
has he played a BIG part in the way the team plays? No(too many injuries maybe)
Do we play better when he is on the pitch? not really, blows hot and cold
do we like him? Yes
Will we miss him? not really
Club Legend like Sir Johnny Haynes?
not in this life time!

LBNo11

"OK, so what did Kamara ever do for us?"

"Well he scored a classic overhead kick against spuds to earn us a valuable point"

"Yeh, but apart from that what did he ever do for Fulham?"

"Well he did come on and score two goals against man citeh to secure a rare away win, and that started the Great Escape"

OK! So he scored against spuds to earn an important draw and was the catalyst to securing premiership survival, but what else did he ever do for Fulham?

"Well he bagged two great goals in when we stuffed villa 3 – 1 at home and helped us secure our highest position in the top flight and European football"

Legend? not really, not even a pocket size one, but in his 40 appearances, he had the knack for turning a game in our favour. He lacked consistency and was out injured for too long to ever be a legend. But I am grateful for his contributions and will remember him for those specific moments.
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BarneyTravers

And for that little burst of pace that prompted the free kick that Danny subsequently converted at Fratton Park......for that alone we should all be grateful.

mattiesafer

Quote from: Lork on February 01, 2010, 03:52:17 PM
Nowhere near a fulham legend. But his role in the great escape and then securing european footy will be legendary, none more so than them 2 goals at citeh.

as for shorey, he's fallen away at villa, so much so that they prefer playing luke young at left back (he's a right back) over him. but he was impressive at reading, so let's hope he plays like he did then. From what I've heard he's slow but very good on the ball and decent defensively.

Yes, from what I remember his "problem" is that he is too slow to keep up with a lot of wingers... Remember seeing Shaun Wright Phillips giving him all kinds of problems last season hen he was playing for a spell.  But should still be a good move for us, at least for the time being...

timmyg

But isn't part of Kamara's sporadic appearances make his play legendary?

He's sort of like Cincinnatus: we would come out of nowhere, do great things, then go absent for long spells -- almost as if he was a mirage. Yet, I never viewed him as a someone who was ALWAYS injured, much like we all currently view AJ.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

ImperialWhite

And who can forget his weird shakey hand by the head goal celebration?

Or the boxing with Pantsil (?) celebration?

Scrumpy

Never a legend although he did have the ability to create something from nothing. Roy likes consistency and intelligence. He plays the percentages - if you play a certain way, consistently well, then you will win more than you lose. So Dio was never going to be his type of player (you couldn't rely on him to defend well, to be fit, or switched on).

But he has certainly provided as many highlights as any other player I can think of. I think 'the sublime and the ridiculous' sums him up.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

SheffieldWhite

I can't believe we are even having this debate. A very pacey forward who could, on his day, produce the goods, but his day was very,very infrequent. He only made 44 appearances in nearly three seasons. That is appearances not starts! He has started 5 times this season and scored once. Very frustrating for his employers as he makes Darren Anderton seem conscientious! I have to laugh at the way he was vilified across a number of our boards during his first season. Graham Leggatt was a legend season after season but take Man City game out of the equation and he is up there with Reg Stratton!

Lighthouse

Injury did for him here. But was he the only player we have who could do something out of the ordinary and score goals that no other player could score? Yes he could. Now he is fit I would put him above AJ and make him our second forward alongside BZ. Even when he came on as Sub the last time he was the only one to come close at an attempt on goal. Very sad to see an entertainer go. We are left with Moaner, limper, Unknown,Tallbloke and Always Sub.
I am sorry Kamara has gone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SheffieldWhite

As usual Lighthouse, I totally agree with you, but he is a sick note and  3 or 4 exceptional goals across 3 seasons, when you are one of the highest earners at the club, simply isn't good enough. I would say from experience that strikers who are injury prone don't tend to improve in number of appearances or goals as they approach 30 years old! He should still get a few in SPL!It is amazing to look back at the opinions on him 2 years ago, when a complimentary comment was that he was a lazy b***ard!

OldBrownShoe

No disrespect intended but I am afraid that words like "legend" are tossed around too easily these days. As a previous poster rightly pointed out Graham Leggat was a legend. Another two hundred games for us and Joe might have/still become one. Nonetheless, he scored some memorable goals for us.

I have a feeling that we might not have seen the last of him. It will be interesting to see what his role is at Celtic. Now that they have Robbie Keane on the strength, I can't quite see where he will fit in at Celtic who have a clutch of strikers as it is.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

finnster01

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on February 02, 2010, 12:32:14 PM
No disrespect intended but I am afraid that words like "legend" are tossed around too easily these days. As a previous poster rightly pointed out Graham Leggat was a legend. Another two hundred games for us and Joe might have/still become one. Nonetheless, he scored some memorable goals for us.

Amen to that Mr OBS.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

Well a legend can be a myth. Kamara was certainly hit or myth for us. I don't know how I do it? Or Why?  ;D
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope