https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (29/12/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 28, 2014, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Spit test to decide Fulham team, says boss

Fatigue factor gets the scientific touch in the Cottage

Ball's in your Dean Court: Symons depends on sports science team to monitor fatigue
Fulham players are literally a spit away from losing their place.

Whites boss Kit Symons revealed his sports science team will take saliva samples from everyone over the festive flurry of games to monitor fatigue, illness in its early stages, and anything else providing information on who to pick and who to leave out.

Brothers in law: Harry Arter (L) and Scott Parker
Fulham lost 2-0 at leaders Bournemouth on Boxing Day, but are back in action at home to Brighton tomorrow night before facing a tough FA Cup tie home to Wolves on Saturday.

Symons reckons science as much as anything on the pitch will help make his mind on selection for the next couple of games.

"It's something I've brought back that Fulham used to do over the years, and any little bit of information we get that says a player's immune system is low, and they'll get colds etc, we can modify the training for that individual," explained the manager.

Not so Cherry Xmas: Bournemouth's Callum Wilson in action with Fulham's Nikolay Bodurov
"The fitness guys are really on the ball, and we have a saliva test that shows they're likely to pick up something."

Symons and co would like to pick up three against the Seagulls, currently flying low near the foot of the table.

It often happens a club that's just emptied the manager's seat gets a much-needed jolt, but even though Fulham banged a nail into Sami Hyppia's coffin with a 2-1 win at the end of November, Symons couldn't care less by the shape of the opposite dugout.

He said: "Quite often teams have a bit of a resurgence when a new manager comes in, but we're in good form. Their managerial situation is of no concern to me, to be honest. It's what we do on the day that matters."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spit-test-decide-fulham-team-8351006?

WhiteJC

Felix Magath hits out at Fulham over inability to train twice a day

• Ex Fulham manager says players were a 'joke'
• Magath was sacked in September

Felix Magath has criticised his former players at Fulham for not being able to put up with his training regime.

Magath was sacked by the club in September, with the team at the bottom of the Championship and without a win in 11 games. He was appointed manager at Craven Cottage in February but was unable to prevent their relegation from the Premier League.

Among the complaints by players during his time at Fulham was the harsh training schedule he imposed but he has defended his style and called English players a joke.

Magath, the former Bayern Munich manager, said: "English players find it difficult to train twice in one day, once a week. For me it's an absolute joke that a professional sportsman cannot train twice in one day.

"German football has basically been successful for 50 years; the English have had no success for 50 years. Here in Germany, because of our mentality, we are perfectly suited to team sports, like football."

Yet despite his unhappy nine months at Fulham, he would like to work in England again, preferably in London. He said: "If I received an offer from a club in London that would be tempting. I would like to live and work there for a few years. A bigger factor in any decision is obviously the situation of the club offering me a job. What I'm looking for is a truly solid, well-led club."

Magath, who had previously had spells at a number of Bundesliga clubs including Hamburg, Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg, has not returned to work since he left Fulham.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/28/felix-magath-fulham-training

WhiteJC

Nathan Jones to remain Brighton boss for Fulham trip on Monday as Seagulls fans await Sami Hyypia's full-time replacement
Nathan Jones was named interim boss after Sami Hyypia's depature
Tony Pulis and Chris Hughton reported to be on shortlist for new boss
Former Brighton defender Jones to be in charge at Fulham on Monday

Nathan Jones will again be in charge of Brighton when they head to Fulham on Monday night.

The former Seagulls defender was named interim boss in the wake of Sami Hyypia's departure just before Christmas and watched his side come back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Reading on Boxing Day.

Brighton have already held talks with some of the candidates on their shortlist to succeed Hyypia, with Tony Pulis and Chris Hughton reportedly the frontrunners.

Brighton and Hove Albion's interim manager Nathan Jones will be in charge at Fulham on Monday

Jones was in charge on Boxing Day as the Seagulls came back to secure a 2-2 draw with Reading

In the meantime Jones, who was assistant to Hyypia and his predecessor Oscar Garcia, says he has no ambitions to land the top job on a permanent basis.

'What happens now is up to the board and the chairman to decide,' he said. 'I will plan for training and Fulham, until I hear otherwise from the board then that is what will happen.

'I have got no personal ambitions with regards to the situation here, but I am very proud to be employed by Brighton & Hove Albion.'

Jones, who was assistant to Hyypia and Oscar Garcia, says he has no ambitions to land the top job

Former Premier League bosses Chris Hughton and Tony Pulis have been linked with the vacant role

Former Cottagers striker Darren Bent is set to miss the trip to Craven Cottage, the final game of his month-long loan deal from Aston Villa, with a groin injury.

Fulham have already changed managers this season to good effect with Kit Symons guiding them away from the foot of the Sky Bet Championship table following Felix Magath's ill-fated spell in charge.

Symons now has one eye on the January transfer market as they bid to make a belated run towards the play-off spots.

Kit Symons (right) has guided Fulham away from the bottom of the Premier League ladder

'I think there will be a couple of new, fresh faces coming in certainly,' he said.

'It's whether in the market there is the right player available, and for the right place. We're constantly looking and we aim to do so.'

Fulham will be without defender Tim Hoogland, who has undergone a hernia operation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2889134/Nathan-Jones-remain-Brighton-boss-Fulham-trip-Monday-Seagulls-fans-await-Sami-Hyypia-s-time-replacement.html#ixzz3NDrx3TxA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Pre Match report for the Fulham game - Monday, 29th December 2014

Fulham v Brighton

Hardly a day went by during Christmas week without another animated Albion script appearing halfway into the book. And as we review that big-boys toy story, the sequel has already been drafted for 2015.
Nathan Jones name is in the frame and at least had an extra day to prepare a viable resume, while Tony Bloom peruses his very own wish list; for New Year, infinity and possibly beyond.

FULHAM halfway; P23 W8 D4 L11 F35 A41 Po17 = 1.21pt/gm - forecasting 56pts at current rate of progress for a lower mid table finish.
HOME form; P11 W5 D2 L4 F18 A12 (Po17) = 1.54pt/gm or 61% of total points gained to date H&A.
REVERSE Sequence; wlw dww wld ll - after a shaky start they went on a run and are quite capable of building on home advantage.

WEDNESDAY 4-0, boss Kit Symons said, +the chairman is very supportive of doing the right thing for the club and that is keeping our best players+
WATFORD 0-5, after beating Albion, this was a shocking result that highlighted the unpredictability of scores in the division for any club.
HUDDERSFIELD 3-1, +I was caretaker at Palace and snuck in on the last day for sixth spot. It can be done but it is not against the realms+

BLACKPOOL 2-2, two down inside half an hour, Cottagers rallied against ten men during the second period and levelled straight from a corner kick.
CHARLTON 3-0, locals finally got out of the bottom three having enjoyed resurgence under new leadership in a manager to whom they responded positively.
NORWICH 1-0, +getting three points as often as we can is not going to hurt. I will keep doing what I do, which is trying to win games of football for this great football club+

BOLTON 4-0, Kit Symons steered his charges to a third straight win to boost chances of elevating from caretaker to boss.
BLACKBURN 0-1, Symonds was in charge following expected removal of Felix Magath and in an even game, only lack of shots on target prevented opportunity to level this fixture.
CARDIFF 1-1, Felix Magath said, +last year we were down the bottom and we are down the bottom again. I have taken six players from the academy and will try to make them into Premier League players. I am the right man for the job+

WOLVES 0-1, +I can only ask for patience as we are a young team. It is a long season but do not worry about this situation. We are prepared for this division+
MILLWALL 0-1, +I hope the players will not be disappointed and keep their confidence+

STRIKER Ross McCormack said, +I am happy here. Fulham paid a nice bit of money to bring me here and I am just looking to repay them by giving good performances+

MIDFIELDER Lasse Virgen Christensen said, +we are only looking up here and a good run can get us into contention. Promotion is still our aim. We know it will be hard and we are playing catch-up. But we will do our best to make it happen. We have the players here to mount a charge. You have seen other teams come on strong later on. Why cannot we be one of those teams?+

MANAGER Kit Symons said, +I know how quickly fortunes can change in this division. I am confident things are going in the right direction for us but am still looking over my shoulder as well as at the clubs above us. The Championship is a notoriously tight and tough league and a couple of defeats can drop us right back in trouble+

Sunday results at foot of the table helped Albion stay in touch with lower order sides but on the night, visitors have got to up the ante to get out of the bottom three.

Happy New Year wishes to all Brighton fans.

Fatmanslims

http://www.brightonfans.com/NewsNow/reports_page.php?id=28&pre=yes

WhiteJC

Fulham v Brighton (Preview)

It's not such a quick turnaround for the next Championship game for Brighton when we're back in action with an away game on Monday.

Unlike most sides Brighton, and of course Fulham, have had a little longer off ahead of this meeting at Craven Cottage on Monday night - it'll mean that we both have less time to recover ahead of our next games mind....

Fulham continue to be without Tim Hoogland (hernia operation) and have also been without Fernando Amorebieta (knee) long-term, both remain sidelined. Adam Taggart (groin) hasn't featured this season so far but is close to returning.

Sean Kavanagh (thigh) could return for the first time since October though.

We'll be without Aston Villa loanee Darren Bent (slight groin strain) it appears after he was forced off in our two-two draw with Reading on Boxing Day.

Bruno (suspension) sits out the second of his is three-game ban following his sending off in the draw with Wolves earlier in the month with Gordon Greer (knee) 'close to a comeback' but perhaps not on Monday?

Nathan Jones, if this proves to be his last game in caretaker charge, will be keen to end on a high and continue where we left off for the last 50-minutes or so of the Boxing Day game when we battled back.

Read more: http://www.bha.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=548967#ixzz3NGdPeQZu

WhiteJC

Aston Villa eye move for Fulham's Lasse Vigen Christensen as potential Fabian Delph replacement

The 20-year-old Dane is seen by Villa boss as a potential replacement for Fabian Delph who is being courted by Liverpool and Spurs

Best foot forward: The 20-year-old is highly regarded by Lambert
Aston Villa are weighing up a January move for Fulham midfield starlet Lasse Vigen Christensen.

The 20-year-old Dane has been in impressive form at Craven Cottage this season and is seen by Villa boss Paul Lambert as a potential replacement for Fabian Delph.

The England midfielder, who saw red in the Villain's 0-0 draw at Sunderland earlier today, is wanted by Tottenham and Liverpool and has refused a new deal at Villa Park.

Christensen, who is also being extensively scouted by QPR, is under contract until 2017 and will not be allowed to leave Fulham on the cheap, with manager Kit Symons regarding him as a key player.

So Villa would have to stump up around £5million to land the player, a sum which would represent a large slice of their modest transfer budget.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-eye-move-fulhams-4885662?

WhiteJC

Against All Odds: Fulham's goal trend to continue

There are usually goals when Fulham are involved and Paul Robinson thinks it will be the same again this evening when Brighton are in town.

Fulham v Brighton
Monday December 29, 20:00 GMT

Following their relegation from the Premier League last season, Fulham haven't exactly lived up to their expectations of being one of the favourites for promotion. Felix Magath may be long gone but The Cottagers are still down in 16th place in the division - a dozen points adrift of the play-off places.

It doesn't take a genius to know where the problem lies, as with 41 goals conceded, only Huddersfield have a poorer defensive record. Kit Symons' side don't have those problems at the other end however so if they tighten up at the back, promotion might not be out of the question.

They are the eighth highest scorers in the division and that has led to their games averaging 3.3 goals each time. A massive 15 of their 23 fixtures have rewarded under 2.5 goal layers and that includes their five most recent at Craven Cottage.

Opponents, Brighton, narrowly missed out on promotion last year and it's highly likely that they'll miss out again as at the halfway point of the campaign, they sit second from bottom. Sami Hyypia resigned prior to their last match and, as of writing, the position is still vacant.

In their first game since he departed, The Seagulls came from behind to draw 2-2 with Reading. That match obviously featured three goals or more, as have four of their last six. The recent stats make even more appealing reading if we narrow them down to their results on the road as away from The Amex three of their last four have gone over 2.5, and that includes a 3-2 defeat and a 3-3 draw.

It's hugely surprising that under 2.5 goals is odds-on given the teams involved, which is why, with it trading at around the 1.91 mark, I have to make it my lay of the day. 

Recommended Bet
Lay Under 2.5 goals in Fulham v Brighton @ 1.91

https://betting.betfair.com/football/daily-tipping/fulham-v-brighton---championship-tips-december-29-2014-281214-35.html?

the nutflush

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 28, 2014, 07:27:49 PM

Spit test to decide Fulham team, says boss

Fatigue factor gets the scientific touch in the Cottage

Ball's in your Dean Court: Symons depends on sports science team to monitor fatigue
Fulham players are literally a spit away from losing their place.

Whites boss Kit Symons revealed his sports science team will take saliva samples from everyone over the festive flurry of games to monitor fatigue, illness in its early stages, and anything else providing information on who to pick and who to leave out.

Brothers in law: Harry Arter (L) and Scott Parker
Fulham lost 2-0 at leaders Bournemouth on Boxing Day, but are back in action at home to Brighton tomorrow night before facing a tough FA Cup tie home to Wolves on Saturday.

Symons reckons science as much as anything on the pitch will help make his mind on selection for the next couple of games.

“It’s something I’ve brought back that Fulham used to do over the years, and any little bit of information we get that says a player’s immune system is low, and they’ll get colds etc, we can modify the training for that individual,” explained the manager.

Not so Cherry Xmas: Bournemouth's Callum Wilson in action with Fulham's Nikolay Bodurov
“The fitness guys are really on the ball, and we have a saliva test that shows they’re likely to pick up something.”

Symons and co would like to pick up three against the Seagulls, currently flying low near the foot of the table.

It often happens a club that’s just emptied the manager’s seat gets a much-needed jolt, but even though Fulham banged a nail into Sami Hyppia's coffin with a 2-1 win at the end of November, Symons couldn't care less by the shape of the opposite dugout.

He said: “Quite often teams have a bit of a resurgence when a new manager comes in, but we’re in good form. Their managerial situation is of no concern to me, to be honest. It’s what we do on the day that matters.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spit-test-decide-fulham-team-8351006?

Good to see modern science making a comeback.  Magath used to rely on blocks of cheese.  Look where that got him.

Neil D

So that's all Rijkaard was doing when he unleashed a torrent of spit at Rudi Voller.  He was just ahead of his time but it probably should have been in a cup to have any medical validity...

Andy S

We all worry about every game so lets just try and think positively Come on you whites!

WhiteJC

Smith at the double against Gills to keep City right at the head of affairs

Two-goal Bristol City loan striker Matt Smith heads for goal against Gillingham at Priestfield during the League One match
picture: DOUGIE ALLWARD/JMP

What a difference 48 hours can make in the career of a professional sportsman.

Having missed two open goals within the space of a few minutes in the Boxing Day clash with Yeovil, Bristol City loan striker Matt Smith could have been excused for wanting the ground to open up and swallow him.

Certainly, there were those among a sell-out audience inside Ashton Gate who were prepared, in no uncertain terms, to express doubts over the Fulham centre forward.

So it says a good deal about the character of the man that he should have turned boos to cheers in so short a space of time. Determined not to allow missed opportunities to deflect him, Smith responded by opening his City goal-scoring account with a classic centre forward's header against Yeovil.

And he carried on where he left off two days later, scoring twice in the space of ten minutes to give the Robins a commanding half-time lead against Peter Taylor's resurgent Gills at Priestfield.

Although the 6ft 5in striker is not yet fully up to speed after spending a large part of the campaign sitting on the side-lines at Craven Cottage, he is beginning to show his critics what he is all about.

How many of those who questioned him on Boxing Day are now clamouring for the former Leeds and Oldham man to be retained beyond the end of next month?

City manager Steve Cotterill confided: "People are quick to rush to judgment in football and there were probably some who did that with Matt.

"I would ask them not to do that and to be patient and give players time. Our supporters have to remember that Matt has played hardly any football this season.

"When you are 16 stone and have as big a frame as he has, it can take a long time to get fully match fit. Matt has just played his second game in three days and he's done the whole 90 minutes today. I think that is an exceptional effort."

On a day when both were under pressure in the absence of injured first-choice strikers Kieran Agard and Aaron Wilbraham, Smith and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas did their cause no harm at all.

Both worked tirelessly for the team for the entire 90 minutes to provide their colleagues with a platform from which they could win the game. More than anything, this victory demonstrated City's strength in depth.

Cotterill may only have a small squad to work with, but those on the fringes have contributed regularly this season. Emmanuel-Thomas and Smith were joined in the starting line-up by Greg Cunningham, Marlon Pack and Scott Wagstaff, all of whom played a part in what was an impressive team effort.

Just as they did in the FA Cup first round tie against Gillingham last month, City dictated terms from the first whistle and dominated the first half. They scored two well-worked goals, but could easily have doubled their tally before the interval.

City's ability to break the deadlock from set-pieces has stood them in good stead this season and concerted pressure finally yielded a goal from a corner in the 34th minute.

Luke Freeman's delivery to the far post was headed back across goal by Aden Flint and there was Smith, rising unchallenged to apply a finishing touch from close in.

Smith's second goal owed everything to incisive approach play from Derrick Williams and Cunningham. Restored to the starting line-up after serving a one-match ban, Williams took out four Gillingham players with a perfectly-weighted through which invited Cunningham to prise open a back-pedalling defence with a low cross.

Demonstrating a poacher's instinct, Smith timed his arrival to perfection to side-foot home from six yards out and give the visitors the cushion their performance warranted.

Timid in the opening 45 minutes, Gillingham summoned a positive response after the break and, galvanised by a double substitution and change of shape, they threw everything at City.

Slow to come to terms with the home side's tactical switch, City lost concentration and allowed Cody McDonald to poach a goal, the nimble striker beating Frank Fielding with an angled shot that found the bottom corner.

But no sooner had Gillingham threatened to make a game of it, than City upped the tempo and restored their two-goal lead. And Wagstaff's second goal of the season characterised his team's effort.

Spotting an opportunity to launch a quick counter-offensive, Fielding kicked long to Emmanuel-Thomas, whose close control took him clear of Joe Egan and enabled him to find Freeman in space. The former Arsenal man advanced to the edge of the penalty area before setting Wagstaff free with a clever reverse pass and the former Charlton player beat Stuart Nelson all ends up with a curling shot that made the corner of the net bulge in front of more than 600 travelling fans.

These two sides must do it all over again when they renew acquaintance in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy southern area final on January 6. And based on the evidence of their two previous meetings this season, it is difficult to entertain the prospect of Gillingham reversing the form.

Superior in just about every department, City taught Taylor's men a lesson in how to keep the ball and create chances with clever movement. Gillingham will have to find a way to counter-act that before they can possibly hope to compete on level terms.

Gillingham: Nelson, Egan, Lennon, Ehmer, Martin, Pritchard (Norris 73), Hessenthaler, Doughty, Linganzi (McGlashan 46), Kedwell (Dickenson 46), McDonald. Not Used: Legge, Morris, German, Hoyte.

Booked: Dickenson, Doughty, Martin.

Goals: McDonald 47.

City: Fielding, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Wagstaff (Kane 86), Pack, K Smith, Freeman (Elliott 90), Cunningham (Bryan 89), M Smith, Emmanuel-Thomas. Not Used: Little, Osborne, Richards, Wynter.

Booked: Cunningham, Bryan.

Goals: M Smith 34, 44, Wagstaff 55.

Attendance: 6,216.

Referee: Lee Collins (Surrey).

Read more: http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Smith-double-Gills-City-right-head-affairs/story-25776500-detail/story.html?#ixzz3NJ0twZ8x
Follow us: @WesternDaily on Twitter | WesternDaily on Facebook

WhiteJC

Betts: End On A High

Marcus Bettinelli wants to see his Fulham side provide the perfect response to their Boxing Day disappointment when they welcome Brighton & Hove Albion to Craven Cottage.

The Whites slipped to a 2-0 defeat to Sky Bet Championship leaders AFC Bournemouth on Friday, but Bettinelli was still frustrated with how the game went despite the Cherries' fine form.

"We came in knowing that they're a very good side," he told fulhamfc.com. "In the second half we were a lot better and we gave it a good go but there were a lot of things that didn't go right for us, and in the dressing room we were really disappointed.

"We always go into games knowing we can create chances and I don't think we created enough on the day. We need to learn quickly – we're a young bunch of lads surrounded by some really experienced players. We're learning every day and we need to take this on the chin and move forward into Brighton.

"We're going to need to regroup quickly; we got back into training and worked on the things that didn't go right at Bournemouth. We'll regroup, we're looking forward to Brighton and we'll take every game as it comes."

Bettinelli saved Brett Pitman's 50th-minute penalty to keep his side in the game at the Goldsands Stadium, but the Fulham stopper admits it counts for little considering the final score.

"I was happy I saved the pen but I would've been happier if we'd come in with a draw or a win," he said. "The penalty doesn't really matter too much – personally I'm happy to have saved it but it was all about getting some sort of points, and we failed to do that."

The arrival of the Seagulls in SW6 on Monday night (8pm) could see the return of a number of familiar faces. For Bettinelli, the most notable returnee is David Stockdale, a man who played a significant role in the 22-year-old's development.

"Stocko was there pretty much for the last three or four years when I sort of stepped up from the Under-18s to the First Team," Bettinelli stated. "He was a massive help for me and he's still a massive help now.

"Sometimes he gives me a bell and offers advice. I'm always learning and he's that sort of guy who's good all the way down to his bones. He's taught me a lot and he'll carry on teaching me a lot.

"I'm sure he'll get a good reception. I speak to Stocko pretty much every week. He's a great guy, a great character, and he was a great Fulham player when he was here. He taught me a lot and I'm really looking forward to seeing him again.

"I think he's looking forward to playing at the Cottage again, I know how much he enjoyed his time here so against Brighton it will be really interesting and a good game I think."

Despite the setback in Dorset on Boxing Day, victory against managerless Brighton would see the Whites move level on points with 10th-placed Nottingham Forest.

It would also represent a third win from four matches, and Bettinelli is keen to see his side end 2014 on a high.

He explained: "That's what we're looking forward to, getting three points at home to Brighton to sign the year off, and then go into the new year looking forward to the next game.

"We go into games setting up to not let teams score. That's always our gameplan and we try and catch teams on the break, and that's what we're good at, and Brighton will be no different."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/december/29/betts-end-on-a-high?

WhiteJC

Aston Villa Line Up Fabian Delph Replacement?

Still quiet on the transfer gossip front ... remember the heady days of being linked to top players Europe wide?!

Well, this one isn`t a bad link I guess, not one to get the juices flowing but.... Mirror Sport say that Villa are looking at a potential replacement for Fabian Delph and reckon Fulham`s 20-year-old Danish midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen could fit the bill.

The main stumbling block could be that he is contracted to Fulham until 2017 so would cost in the region of £5million.

Queens Park Rangers are also being linked.

Bit of talk about this link in our January transfer thread... Click Here

Fulham`s biog on the player states: Lasse Vigen Christensen is regarded as one of Denmark`s most promising young players - one that over the past few seasons had captured the attentions of a number of Europe`s leading clubs. Full info: Click Here

He has five goals for Fulham this season so far. Wouldn`t be bad for us to have a midfielder who could score would it? For all the hype about Delph, he seems to have little end product to me and his shots on target let alone goals are a rare thing

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7517852#ixzz3NJ1Z1XMC

WhiteJC

Symons Still in a Cryptic Mood!

As Fulham prepares to entertain Brighton and Hove Albion tonight in a Championship fixture, talk is beginning to focus, again, on who Kit Symons might bring in during the January transfer window.

Symons has intimated that new faces will be arriving but hasn`t given any clues away as to who might be coming through the Craven Cottage doors.

Ahead of the fixture with Brighton tonight, Symons has again spoken in a cryptic manner remarking to the media,

"I think there will be a couple of new, fresh faces, coming in.

"It`s whether there is the right player available, and for the right price."

Come on Kit, a clue or two would help!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=381937#ixzz3NJ1mhhYh

WhiteJC

Forster-Caskey sounds battle cry ahead of Fulham game

JAKE Forster-Caskey has backed Albion to build on rot-stopping draws in their fight against relegation.

The Boxing Day deadlock against Reading from 2-0 down at the Amex followed a 1-1 stalemate at Wolves in Sami Hyypia's final game in charge.

Those results halted a hat-trick of defeats, launched by losing 2-1 at home a month ago to tonight's hosts Fulham.

Forster-Caskey believes the manner of the comeback against Reading can act as a morale-boost for this evening's encounter at Craven Cottage, as the Seagulls seek only their second win out of 20 in the league.

The England under-21s midfielder, who halved the arrears from a Greg Halford long throw before Inigo Calderon's late equaliser, said: "The way we gained that point was massive. It might just give us the lift we need to start picking up some more points and hopefully we win our next game.

"The way we dug out the result was excellent for our momentum. We are going into the next game full of confidence, knowing we can play other ways than just getting the ball down. More fight against Fulham and I'm sure we'll come away with the right result."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11690305._/?