watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New year contemplation

Started by Al, December 30, 2014, 08:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

It has been really interesting reading a lot of the differing views on this forum recently. The have been many good points raised both for and against the style of football we are playing at the moment. However, I guess at this time of the year, reflecting on the situation becomes a bigger picture.

in under 2 year we have gone through just about the biggest transition a top flight team can go through. Big Mo leaving after 16 years of running a very steady ship, Shahid Khan coming onboard blind to the world of English football. 4 managers have come and gone. The first team squad decimated with probably 75% of the players leaving. The club having to deal with the Financial Fair Play restrictions. The resulting need to be reliant on very young talent that is still learning and growing. All in all a very rocky time with little certainty.

Results like last nights hit all fans. Expectations remain high and that we should be competing with every team, and yes that would be great. However, this is the championship and it is a brutal league. Every team is capable of beating each other. But, looking at the bigger picture we have done very well to be where we are. We could so easily have plummeted much further than we have. Consistency is the most important requirement for the future of our club. The board is learning, the management is learning and the players are learning. This season was also going to be a roller coaster, we will be safe by the end of it and our rebuilding will be stronger for it. Let Kit grow into the job and the players he has nurtured will benefit long term.

COYW

Deanothefulhamfan

PokerMatt

Good post.

The point I'll make is I don't think it was a lot to expect to 'compete' with the team 23rd in the league. It's a brutal league, but look at their midfield, it's dross, and we shouldn't have been overrun.

It's a huge few weeks coming up. We can either settle in mid table or slip back into the dog fight. With our level of consistency either is possible.
Follow me: @mattdjourno